Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2013, 20:44   #6991
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Dear All,
I am getting a Dec 2010 Gurgaon registered Honda Civic 1.8 V AT done 26k on the odo for 7.5 Lacs.
Is it a good decision considering that civic has been delisted by Honda from their website?
what should be a good price if the answer to the above query is positive.
thx
Sid
Old 4th April 2013, 20:54   #6992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Dear All,
I am getting a Dec 2010 Gurgaon registered Honda Civic 1.8 V AT done 26k on the odo for 7.5 Lacs.
Is it a good decision considering that civic has been delisted by Honda from their website?
thx
Sid
That price is exorbitant.
Petrol and AT means rock bottom resale price.
Ideal price should be around 5.5L
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 21:06   #6993
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to sell my 2008 Accent with 45k's on the ODO and upgrade to a used 2009 and upwards Honda Civic or Accord or Corolla . I have a few questions :

1)How much would I get for my Accent ? The car is mechanically perfect. A few scratches here and there. Recently installed new battery , suspension overhaul. And , before I forget , factory installed CNG kit.

2) All the future choices considered should be a petrol. Toyota Altis Diesel prices are really exorbitant. Is a budget of 6l sufficient for a low milage (lower than 40k ) good condition car. I know I am stretching it with Accord , but who knows ?
Old 4th April 2013, 22:18   #6994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-t View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to sell my 2008 Accent with 45k's on the ODO and upgrade to a used 2009 and upwards Honda Civic or Accord or Corolla . I have a few questions :

1)How much would I get for my Accent ? The car is mechanically perfect. A few scratches here and there. Recently installed new battery , suspension overhaul. And , before I forget , factory installed CNG kit.

2) All the future choices considered should be a petrol. Toyota Altis Diesel prices are really exorbitant. Is a budget of 6l sufficient for a low milage (lower than 40k ) good condition car. I know I am stretching it with Accord , but who knows ?
Actuality you are not. I will not be surprised if you get a 2009 Accord for 6 L after all. Also prices of other cars that you have mentioned will not be much either. Corolla will be the sensible choice, low on maintenance and good fuel economy too, infact it just might be cheaper to maintain than your Accent (if you were running it on petrol). But Accord takes you to new level altogether if you can take the xxl cost of ownership, its not all that bad but since you are graduating from Accent, you may feel the pinch. Civic is good but this is not the right time to buy it. If you wait for about 6 months you will get very good prices as by then the discontinuance of the car would have made the impact in the used car market.
Old 4th April 2013, 22:20   #6995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
I am getting a 2010 Gurgaon registered Honda Civic V AT with 26k on the odo for 7.5 lacs.
1. Is it a good decision to buy a pre-owned civic now given that Honda has delisted it from its website
2. if yes, then what would be a good price for the same.
thx
Sid
That price was ridiculous when I was in the market for one last year. Right now it sounds astronomically silly at that price as someone mentioned 5.5 is max you can expect to pay perhaps even 6 if it is newer. If you want a used civic, keep in mind that there are plenty of them around so the probability of being cheated is high especially when it comes to odo readings get every car you check inspected. Also remember that the civic is a honda so don't be repelled by one that has clocked loads of miles if it is in good condition mechanically, then buy it. The civic on our shores also has not got any major changes throughout its lifespan so a 2010 model isn't really better than the 2006 one (as long as they are in good condition). Keep those things in mind and I am sure you will be able to bag a good deal.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 22:47   #6996
BHPian

There is a Mar 2007 Honda Civic S AT listed in carwale at Pune.
60000 kms, 1st owner, expecting 4.6 lakhs
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...civic-S349627/

Am interested in this, but not at this price. What would be a reasonable quote?
Old 5th April 2013, 08:14   #6997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
There is a Mar 2007 Honda Civic S AT listed in carwale at Pune.
60000 kms, 1st owner, expecting 4.6 lakhs
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...civic-S349627/

Am interested in this, but not at this price. What would be a reasonable quote?
Inspect the car. If the owner has not doctored the odo and the car is in perfect condition with no accidents, then try asking for 4lakhs you could even stretch to 4.2 if the car has been cared for with no faded paint or dirty interiors.
Old 5th April 2013, 10:32   #6998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
There is a Mar 2007 Honda Civic S AT listed in carwale at Pune. 60000 kms, 1st owner, expecting 4.6 lakhs
Hello Abeer,

If the Car is well maintained with full service history, than I feel anything below Rs. 4.4 lacs will be a good price for March 2007 Honda Civic AT with 60,000 on ODO. Also check whether the tyres were changes at scheduled interval.

Hope you have gone through Frankmehta's thread on T-BHP where he too has bought a 2007 Honda Civic AT & installed CNG Kit.

Thanks,
Old 5th April 2013, 11:24   #6999
Senior - BHPian

What would be the best buying price for this car in Pune? Car is Baramati passing:

Spark LPG LS with 16000kms - Aug 2009 model single user.
Old 5th April 2013, 14:03   #7000
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
thx
Sid
My friend got a 1.8 V AT 2009 DOne 28 k ON the odo scratchless car delhi registered from malcha marg for 4.75 last month, so I wouldn't a penny above 5.25 for this if I were you.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 14:36   #7001
BHPian

There is a 2012 feb Yeti done 22k Kms. 4* 4 elegance . He is quoting 14L. Any idea what is the current market price? Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 21:13   #7002
BHPian

What would be the best price for a 2010 pajero, single owner, with approx. 60,000 kms on the Odo?
Old 6th April 2013, 10:03   #7003

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post

Hey congrats, you won't go wrong with a Toyota after all. I know of a friend who has a similar model corolla. He has clocked more than 1.5lakh km and is still going strong. The routine maintenance costs are very nominal unless you change stuff like rear view mirrors or fog lamps or tyres. The fuel efficiency is also outstanding, if driven well you can expect 15-16 on highway and 10-11 in the city on manual, with AT it should be 15-20% off I guess. Keep posting back on tbhp your experience after the buy.
Thanks Vishnu. Brought home the black Corolla last evening and the first couple of hours drive feel great! Am of to a chennai-bangalore-chennai 2 day trip this monday and that would give me an idea of the highway behaviour of an 8 yr old Corolla AT. Will post pics and detailed buying experience soon.
Old 6th April 2013, 11:16   #7004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What would be the best buying price for this car in Pune? Car is Baramati passing:

Spark LPG LS with 16000kms - Aug 2009 model single user.
Hello Ani,
I'm not aware of LPG car prices, but a petrol car of year 2009 would be worth 1.9-2.2L.

Regrards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
There is a 2012 feb Yeti done 22k Kms. 4* 4 elegance . He is quoting 14L. Any idea what is the current market price? Thanks
Hello Ramesh,
Since the Yeti is not a popular model, the max that I would pay is 13-13.25L including registration.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
What would be the best price for a 2010 pajero, single owner, with approx. 60,000 kms on the Odo?
Hello suv,
The prices in South India are unfortunately on the higher side. A new Pajero in 2010 would have cost around 22.75-23L. So a fair price to pay would be around 16.5-17L,max. However at these prices, I don't think it's VFM.

Your other alternative is a Fortuner. BTW, how much is seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 12:28   #7005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What would be the best buying price for this car in Pune? Car is Baramati passing:Spark LPG LS with 16000kms - Aug 2009 model single user.
Hello,

The approx price is already indicated by Varun (Powertrain) above & I too endorse the same.

Further, while buying a used car, I will suggest to but a Petrol Car & installing CNG kit rather than buying a used LPG Car.

Performance of CNG is far better than LPG & at price of approx Rs. 35 per KG cost per KM of CNG car is cheapest in Mumbai / Pune.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed