Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 18:58   #7006
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@powertrain you have hit the bullseye regarding the price quoted for the 2010 Pajero. But would anyone buy it for that price since the model has already been discontinued? It has been lying at the used car dealer lot for a couple of months now. I was also wondering if it was worth buying a used car above 10 lakhs as it would lose a few lakhs more the moment I register as a second owner.
Old 6th April 2013, 19:52   #7007

Help needed on buying an used Scorpio CRDE

I am planning to buy a used Scorpio CRDe 2005 model from a true-value dealer, the vehicle comes with 1 year warranty and has gone through the inspection process of the true-value franchise.

Can you please suggest your opinions about this car, at the moment I drive a sedan and this will be my first SUV and first diesel vehicle.

I don't want to go for a new Scorpio now for two reasons
1). I am not sure how the vehicle would make my family feel (Raised seating and body roll etc), since all their lives they have only traveled in Sedans or MUV like Innova.
2). I have myself never owned any diesel vehicle, so this would be more of learning experience for me.

Considering HV Kumar (BHP veteran) has done over 3 Lakhs Kms on his CRDe Scorpio I thought I'll put a post here to get opinions from fellow BHPians.

The car in questions has done 50K kms and price quoted in 4.5 Lakhs.

Regards,
D
Old 6th April 2013, 23:05   #7008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7777 View Post
Can you please suggest your opinions about this car, at the moment I drive a sedan and this will be my first SUV and first diesel vehicle.
1). I am not sure how the vehicle would make my family feel (Raised seating and body roll etc), since all their lives they have only traveled in Sedans or MUV like Innova.
2). I have myself never owned any diesel vehicle, so this would be more of learning experience
D
Precisely the reason why I think you should not buy it. But on worthy second thoughts I think you should buy it but for nothing more than 4L. One that you may not really like the concept and if you sell it you will not lose much money is the only plus point i see. On the other hand you are a petrohead and the car in question is not so modern Diesel SUV and will have all the drawbacks of what your petrol sedan does not have. A vehicle like this commands a lot of attention and patience which you hardly bestow on your petrol sedan. On the plus side what you get is a good GC and diesel economy. Ideally you should first try a diesel sedan and then graduate to a diesel SUV, but what the heck who has the time to do things step by step. But just remember one thing, just in case you don't like it, make sure you don't get prejudiced since Scorpio is far from perfect as a diesel SUV.
Old 6th April 2013, 23:10   #7009
BHPian

For a budget of 6-7 Lacs, with a requirement of diesel car for a monthly run of about 1,200 kms, does it make more sense to buy something like the upcoming new Honda Amaze or take a used car like a Chevy Optra Magnum. There is 2009 one available on Cardekho for 5.45Lacs. I would assume that it offer more space and luxury compared to say Amaze. I am not looking for buying either but just a thought on how to balance new but lower segment vs older but higher segment.
Old 6th April 2013, 23:11   #7010
BHPian

Re: Help needed on buying an used Scorpio CRDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7777 View Post

I am planning to buy a used Scorpio CRDe 2005 model from a true-value dealer, the vehicle comes with 1 year warranty and has gone through the inspection process of the true-value franchise.

I don't want to go for a new Scorpio now for two reasons
2). I have myself never owned any diesel vehicle, so this would be more of learning experience for me.

Considering HV Kumar (BHP veteran) has done over 3 Lakhs Kms on his CRDe Scorpio I thought I'll put a post here to get opinions from fellow BHPians.

The car in questions has done 50K kms and price quoted in 4.5 Lakhs.

Regards,
D
Hi,
I have a 2005 Scorpio CRDe with the odo currently at around 98k. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Just regular maintenance keeps happily munching miles. If you are moving to it from a sedan, the first few days may be a bit uncomfortable, but you will love it once you know how to tame it. I moved to Scorpio from a Bolero and did not like its handling initially, but thereafter this is the only one I am comfortable driving. You will enjoy it at the wheel. Though it can touch triple digit speeds easily, its best not to do that. You will have more control and the occupants will be more happy at lower speeds in Scorpio. My mother finds it difficult because of the height as with any SUV, other than that we are very happy with it. You can not compare it SUVs from bigger brands in terms of quality, but it is as reliable if not more. BTW, HVKs Scorpio is Non-CRDe chain drive.

just make sure that the 50k reading is genuine and the vehicle was not abused. 50k is nothing for it. It may need a major service at 50k, check that. Also evaluate the condition of tyres, that may be the highest expense you may incur on a Scorpio with 50k. I think each tyre costs around 7k. I do not know about the prices, but being regular at checking the classifieds I think 4.5 lakhs should get you a top end SLX with alloys(not standard in 2005), dvd etc. That is the price in Hyderabad. Having said that, Mahindra released a newer model in 2006 with new rear suspension. I suggest you go for that even if you have to wait for some more time, it will be definitely more comfortable than the 2005 leaf spring model.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 6th April 2013 at 23:27.
Old 6th April 2013, 23:35   #7011
BHPian

Guys. I am being offered a Porsche Cayenne S. Black color. 2004 model with grey interiors for 16.5 lacs. Delhi registered . 65,000 kms done.

Worth it??
Though Porsche cayenne has been my all time favourite for a long time.
Old 7th April 2013, 12:20   #7012
BHPian

Hi Guys,
A friend of mine is planning to sell his i20 sportz petrol (apr 2011 with 87k on ODO, navi mumbai regd).the car is in fair condn i wud say.
How much can he expect??
Old 7th April 2013, 19:59   #7013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCP View Post
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine is planning to sell his i20 sportz petrol (apr 2011 with 87k on ODO, navi mumbai regd).the car is in fair condn i wud say.
How much can he expect??
Hello RHCP,

87000 kms in less than two years is too much.

Anyways you friend can expect approx Rs. 3.7 to Rs. 4 lacs for his April 2011 i20 Sportz with 87000 on ODO.

Thanks,
Old 7th April 2013, 22:05   #7014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
For a budget of 6-7 Lacs, with a requirement of diesel car for a monthly run of about 1,200 kms, does it make more sense to buy something like the upcoming new Honda Amaze or take a used car like a Chevy Optra Magnum. There is 2009 one available on Cardekho for 5.45Lacs. I would assume that it offer more space and luxury compared to say Amaze. I am not looking for buying either but just a thought on how to balance new but lower segment vs older but higher segment.
There are dedicated threads in our forum discussing petrol/diesel cars, used/new one and lateral upgrade options. All contain good discussions with examples.

Also, please note that Chevrolet cars do not have much resale value and if you try, beautiful diesel optras or even cruze will be available at very less price.

Buying a new car gives you a mental satisfaction and enjoyment which a used car may not give. But, financially, carefully buying a used car may be more economical.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:07   #7015
BHPian

volvo s80

hey

theres this black volvo s80 d5 diesel 2009 done 50k kilometres available for sale in hyderabad.

Chaps quoting 22lakhs

whats a good price for me to offer for it and is it a good car to purchase. my other option is a second hand e class.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:40   #7016
BHPian

Hi Guys!

How much to expect for Ford Ikon 2000 model, 1.6 ZXI, 60,000 kms.?

Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 13:28   #7017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Hello ir458,

You can expect approx Rs. 50,000 for 2000 manufactured Ford Ikon 1.6 Zxi with 60000 on ODO.

But to tell you frankly it will be difficult to find a buyer for this 13 year old Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:05   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Hi Guys!

Thanks
Hello ir,
Like Jignesh suggested, you can expect a price of around 0.5L. Since you are in Hyd, the max you can expect is 0.75L. Try selling to a private buyer rather than a dealer.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:44   #7019
BHPian

Guys,

How much will a 2003 Honda City Vtec dark blue colour. 2nd owner, 75k kms, with complete service history and well maintained can be bought at?
Some additions
Good tyres
Jvc music system with bluetooth, amplifier, component speakers
Bangalore registration

If I use it for another 2 yrs covering about 25k how much can I get?

Request all your suggestions
Thanks
Chetan
Old 8th April 2013, 15:15   #7020
BHPian

Hi All,

How much can I expect for 2008 Palio SDX with a 30K music system in bangalore. Excellent condition all service history available. All services done at dealerships.

Regards.

Last edited by PhiGolden : 8th April 2013 at 15:42. Reason: Additional information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks