Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 12:17   #7051
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am now in the used cars market looking for a good safari Dicor .
My preferences are,

Mileage < 30 K
Make >= 2010
Version = Ex,Gx,VX.
Place = Bangalore

So what can be the Price that i should be ready to pay for ?
I am not in a hurry, so planning to wait till i get a right car with right price.
Old 15th April 2013, 21:38   #7052
BHPian

Friends, I need a pre-owned Civic. Test drove a 2007 Civic S Manual yesterday.
67k kilometers on the odo, car is clean inside. A small dent below the door, probably scrapped a speed breaker with original paint.
The clutch seemed a bit reluctant, had to press my foot all the way down and release very slowly for the car to get moving. However the power was great and suspension seemed OK to me. Brakes were squeaking a little, probably need skimming or new pads.

The dealer is charging 4L for the car as is. Isn't this too low a price for a seemingly well maintained Civic?
A 2008 automatic V was available for 4.6L.

I am confused now.
Old 15th April 2013, 23:04   #7053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
67k kilometers on the odo, car is clean inside. A small dent below the door, probably scrapped a speed breaker with original paint.
The clutch seemed a bit reluctant, had to press my foot all the way down and release very slowly for the car to get moving. However the power was great and suspension seemed OK to me. Brakes were squeaking a little, probably need skimming or new pads.

The dealer is charging 4L for the car as is. Isn't this too low a price for a seemingly well maintained Civic?

I am confused now.
Check how many owners the car has.Verify condition of the tyres,engine mount,insurance etc.Having more than one owner will reduce resale value.
Old 16th April 2013, 01:35   #7054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed

I am confused now.
Good quality 07 Civics go for around 4lakhs or below these days. The price you were quoted wasnt too low. If there was more than 1 owner you can expect to get an 07 Civic for 3.5 -3.75lakhs.
Old 16th April 2013, 01:53   #7055
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend just got himself a used fortuner 4*2 AT, 1.5 months old, 7k kms done for 21 lakhs. Car is in scratch less condition, Drives like a new car should.

What do you guys say about this deal ?
Old 16th April 2013, 08:52   #7056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
One of my friend just got himself a used fortuner 4*2 AT, 1.5 months old, 7k kms done for 21 lakhs. Car is in scratch less condition, Drives like a new car should.

What do you guys say about this deal ?
That's a steal. He must be really lucky. Going by the used car prices of fortuner he shouldn't have got it for anything led than 22.5 and even more perhaps. What is the OTR price in Delhi?
Old 16th April 2013, 09:18   #7057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
One of my friend just got himself a used fortuner 4*2 AT, 1.5 months old, 7k kms done for 21 lakhs. Car is in scratch less condition,
7K kilometers in just 1.5 months That's pretty unrealistic.

Quote:
Drives like a new car should
Ofcourse it should! After all its just a one month old machine!

Quote:
What do you guys say about this deal
It's not a deal, its a steal Can't imagine that Toyotas depreciate so fast!

And lastly why did the seller sell a Fortuner that is barely a month and a half old?

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 16th April 2013 at 09:22.
Old 16th April 2013, 11:09   #7058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
Test drove a 2007 Civic S Manual yesterday.
The clutch seemed a bit reluctant, The dealer is charging 4L for the car as is. Isn't this too low a price for a seemingly well maintained Civic?
Hello Derezzed,

Rs. 4 lacs is perfect price for 2007 Civic S Manual.

Before buying check the service history of the car & ensure that Tyres were changed at scheduled interval. Regarding clutch & other minor issues - one service will get it all right.

If the car is well maintained with no accident history, you can go ahead & buy this Car. Try to negotiate further, dealer might give it away for Rs. 3.8 / 3.9 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 16th April 2013, 16:44   #7059
BHPian

I posting this on behalf of my colleague, He stays in pune and planning to purchase a Cedia from Mumbai.

Planning to purchase Mitsubishi Cedia sports black 2006 from Mumbai
55Km on ODO and 2 L is asking price (Nego)

1) is it worth to buy
2) does anybody knows a friendly mechanic from Mumbai so that I can show the car to him
3) Any good FNG in pune with expert in Cedia.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:11   #7060
BHPian

Dear BHPians, am on the lookout for a good used Honda Civic. Based in Kerala, a preliminary search in T-BHP classifieds page brought up this '07 Civic quoting 6.5 lacs. Need all your expert guidance as to a fair price (I read above that 4 lacs is a good price for '07 Civic) and where should I look for to get one in that range.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...da/Civic.html/
Old 16th April 2013, 18:24   #7061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
I posting this on behalf of my colleague, He stays in pune and planning to purchase a Cedia from Mumbai.

Planning to purchase Mitsubishi Cedia sports black 2006 from Mumbai
55Km on ODO and 2 L is asking price (Nego)

1) is it worth to buy
2) does anybody knows a friendly mechanic from Mumbai so that I can show the car to him
3) Any good FNG in pune with expert in Cedia.
Hello shabahmad,
1 - 2L for a 2006 Cedia seems like an OK price. Although a mouth watering deal will be arounf the 1.6-1.75L mark. Remember that the Cedia is among the long list of duds from Mitsubishi. So haggle hard.
Contact bhp'ian mandheers. He has a brilliant red Cedia. He will be the best person to talk to about the pros & cons of owning a Cedia. He stays in Mumbai too.

2 - The only good FNG that I can recommend in Mumbai, is - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html

3 - I don't know about FNG's in Pune. Check out the Pune directory.

Regards,
Varun
Old 16th April 2013, 18:38   #7062
BHPian

I had a called from used car dealer in Bangalore and they have a used Laura L&K, fully kitted; single owner, 2009 model and Rs 10.9 lakhs.

I am not interested, but thought of sharing here if anyone is interested
Old 16th April 2013, 21:42   #7063
Senior - BHPian

Anyone.

How much can I expect for a 1.2 Ford Figo , 2010, run 23k kms, well maintained in Bangalore?

Regards
Old 16th April 2013, 22:40   #7064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
For bulb warning, it seems to be a minor fused bulb. Do get it checked throughly.
The prices of both cars seem fair enough,although a VFM price would be 5.5L for car no-1

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Maron,

I will definitely suggest to go for the first car i.e. March 2011 manufactured Punto with 18000 kms on ODO. The Bulb warning will be a very small issue which will be rectified by local mechanic in no time. 18000 kms for a well maintained is as good as new. Rs. 5.5 lacs will be a good price for this Car.

Guys,

Thanks for your suggestion. Most likely I will be closing the deal tomorrow. Mar'11 manufactured, June '11 Registered Punto 90 HP, 18K on the ODO for 5.55L in Chennai.

I could have closed the deal at 5.45 - 5.5 but agreed to pay higher. Well Maintained, Reverse Parking Sensor , Good Seat Covers (Cost 9K) , etc made me pay a little higher premium.

Bulb warning is because of a fused Number Plate Bulb.

Regards
Marlon
Old 17th April 2013, 02:22   #7065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
That's a steal. He must be really lucky. Going by the used car prices of fortuner he shouldn't have got it for anything led than 22.5 and even more perhaps. What is the OTR price in Delhi?
OTR is around 26.xx, Ya indeed a steal. I told him to tell me, again if deal like this comes, Will tell you, if i come over any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
7K kilometers in just 1.5 months That's pretty unrealistic.
The car did a round trip to mumbai from delhi, plus some good runs in city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
It's not a deal, its a steal Can't imagine that Toyotas depreciate so fast! And lastly why did the seller sell a Fortuner that is barely a month and a half old?
Yes, indeed a steal. His father bought the car from one of his friend and deal just happened in the moment. He only came to know about the car, when she came home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks