Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 09:28   #7111
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
A car looses the difference between Exshowroom and OTR the moment the car leaves the showroom so in effect the drop is from the ex-showroom price only, and buyers of preowned cars too tend to compare with ex-showroom prices only as these are the ones listed on company sites for new vehicles.
Don't we always compare the price for a used car depending upon its OTR value? I have always done that while buying and selling all my cars till date. The market mood is not so dull to warrant a close to 40% decrease in the price of the car in just 18 months. That too given the factor that Toyota's generally command higher resale values compared to VW/
Skoda/chevrolet. Also if you look at the prices being quoted in the various classifieds then you would see a vehicle of the same condition being put up for sale for around 12-13L across the board. There might be some room for negotiation in that but surely not amounting to 3-4L. I sincerely would want to buy a similar car for 9L in delhi .
Old 26th April 2013, 10:11   #7112
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Don't we always compare the price for a used car depending upon its OTR value? I have always done that while buying and selling all my cars till date. The market mood is not so dull to warrant a close to 40% decrease in the price of the car in just 18 months. That too given the factor that Toyota's generally command higher resale values compared to VW/Skoda/chevrolet. Also if you look at the prices being quoted in the various classifieds then you would see a vehicle of the same condition being put up for sale for around 12-13L across the board. There might be some room for negotiation in that but surely not amounting to 3-4L. I sincerely would want to buy a similar car for 9L in delhi .
When I buy I compare with Ex-showroom price, When I sell I compared with OTR - Normal Human way of thinking. - Sadly the buyer will still compare with Ex-Showroom price.

Anyways Carwale Give the Buyers price as about 10.27 when one is buying from a dealer a car in excelent condition, and 9.73 for a vehicle in good condition. The Selling price though would be much lower. I do think that that should be about what one would be able to buy for. Carwale I have felt does have as expected a difference from real prices but always a bit on the higher side, so felt that actual sale prices were lower than what was shown and actual buying price lower than what is mentioned.

Of course there would be errors but as mentioned I do believe that the specific segment in question can actually have price drops to the extent that we see mentioned. It is not specific to Toyota but to all vehicles in the segment. Again a Toyota (like Fortuner, or Innova - both of which lead in their segments) would normally retain value well but that is if the model in question is selling well, but the Altis presently is not really top of the charts in that segment so it will not hold value that well either.

http://www.carwale.com/used/CarValua...=23254833&vt=1

Anyways this is all hypothesis and I am neither a buyer nor a seller presently and most likely neither are you. We are only debating the accuracy of Carwale, and I do agree that it does at times make for incorrect values but in my view it normally presents too rosey a picture.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:45   #7113

Re: 2008 Chevy Spark PS - to buy or not to buy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
It's not that big an issue really. If the known person is trying to rip you off or have unreasonable expectations, pls dont hang on to the deal just because you know the driver and so his usage of cars. You can check the usage of any car by visual and driving inspection, and by cross checking its service history with SC.

I can understand why women tend to like spark than alto! But in that case, make sure that lady sees the 2010-2012 beige interior spark too. I am sure she will fall in love with that
Ani_meher, sure now its in our to do list to show the lady the beige interior spark, if we get one in reasonable price and conditions . Thanks very much for your pointer.
Old 26th April 2013, 14:11   #7114
BHPian

Hi

How much max can I shell out for Jun 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 MT (18500km) in Bangalore? Claims to be accident free, single handed, well maintained. Will take a test drive tomorrow so need to have a price in mind. Thanks.
Old 26th April 2013, 18:16   #7115

Good day friends.
I have been looking for a used car below 10 lacs.
Today i found one hyundai Tucson 2007 with 80000 on the odo, single owner, looks well maintained. Asking price is 8 lacs by the dealer. Guys from kochi,it is from magnum cars in palarivattom. I need proffessional assistance of you all as soon as possible in fixing the deal.
Old 26th April 2013, 18:19   #7116
BHPian

Hey Folks,

I have with me a Ford Fiesta 1.4 - 2007, 48000 kms on the clock - in excellent condition - clutch as smooth as new. The interior and exteriors can be rated very good if not excellent.

What is an ideal value which I can expect for the same in hyderabad ? I would love to hear a totally honest opinion as if you're the buyer !!

Thank you.
Old 27th April 2013, 01:23   #7117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83
Good day friends.
I have been looking for a used car below 10 lacs.
Today i found one hyundai Tucson 2007 with 80000 on the odo, single owner, looks well maintained. Asking price is 8 lacs by the dealer. Guys from kochi,it is from magnum cars in palarivattom. I need proffessional assistance of you all as soon as possible in fixing the deal.
Don't know about Kerala, but this car wouldn't fetch more than 6lakhs in Mumbai even if it was in an amazing condition. Had come across an 06 model CRDi Tuscon in good condition where the owner was asking for 5lakhs and would probably be up for negotiating in the 4.5-4.75lakhs range.
Old 27th April 2013, 06:03   #7118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Don't know about Kerala, but this car wouldn't fetch more than 6lakhs in Mumbai even if it was in an amazing condition. Had come across an 06 model CRDi Tuscon in good condition where the owner was asking for 5lakhs and would probably be up for negotiating in the 4.5-4.75lakhs range.
You are right nikhil. This one seems to be overpriced.
I have checked in carwale and olx. In both the price
is around 6 to 6.5 lacs. Let me go and do some talk with the dealer.
Old 27th April 2013, 09:40   #7119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Hi

How much max can I shell out for Jun 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 MT (18500km) in Bangalore? Claims to be accident free, single handed, well maintained. Will take a test drive tomorrow so need to have a price in mind. Thanks.
I have seen all kinds of crazy quotes for Fortuner in Bangalore. This must be the old shape. What ever the seller quotes do not pay anything more than 18 L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Hey Folks,

I have with me a Ford Fiesta 1.4 - 2007, 48000 kms on the clock - in excellent condition - clutch as smooth as new. The interior and exteriors can be rated very good if not excellent.

What is an ideal value which I can expect for the same in hyderabad ? I would love to hear a totally honest opinion as if you're the buyer !!

Thank you.
Don't know about Hyderabad, in Bangalore you may get 3.75 - 4 L. So you can safely look at 3.5 L there.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th April 2013 at 13:04. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 16:14   #7120
BHPian

Sold my 2008 Diesel Logan for 4.15L in Kerala. Has run 32k kms. Guess it's a good deal.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:40   #7121
BHPian

A very sparingly used 2007 Feb Civic S AT (Genuine 22K KMs on the odo). Is 5.25 lacs a reasonable price to pay in Hyderabad?
Old 28th April 2013, 18:08   #7122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
A very sparingly used 2007 Feb Civic S AT (Genuine 22K KMs on the odo). Is 5.25 lacs a reasonable price to pay in Hyderabad?
It is a lakh more than what is OK. If you really like the car may be 4.5 L at the most. See how is battery, tyres etc, if anything needs to be changed then you can bring down the price that much.
Old 28th April 2013, 18:13   #7123
Senior - BHPian

Whats the best price to expect for my 2008 verna crdi base variant done 105000 kms. New tyres alloys and battery. Well maintained.

I was offered 3.8 lacs a month back by a dealer in gurgaon.
Old 28th April 2013, 18:57   #7124

I have a 2011 Ritz vdi kerala reg that has clocked 40k kms. There has been no accidents.Full service history is available with me. What is the best price I can fetch? I have gone through various sites but all of them are demanding ridiculously high price.For eg a 2010 Ritz vdi with 61k on the odometer is asking 5lacs. Hence I am a bit perplexed. Please assist me.
Old 28th April 2013, 19:00   #7125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Whats the best price to expect for my 2008 verna crdi base variant done 105000 kms. New tyres alloys and battery. Well maintained.

I was offered 3.8 lacs a month back by a dealer in gurgaon.
4 should be a decent price there, in Bangalore it would fetch 4.25 L at best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks