Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 20:27   #7126
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
It is a lakh more than what is OK. If you really like the car may be 4.5 L at the most. See how is battery, tyres etc, if anything needs to be changed then you can bring down the price that much.
I've already offered him 4.8L apparently he has a better offer from a dealer of used cars. Tyres are as old as the car is so would obviously need a change, but they do have a decent amount of tread left. Some genuine scratches at the corners and that is pretty much the only thing wrong with the car. BTW have you seen such similar deals happening at 4.5 lacs?
Old 28th April 2013, 23:28   #7127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post

I've already offered him 4.8L apparently he has a better offer from a dealer of used cars. Tyres are as old as the car is so would obviously need a change, but they do have a decent amount of tread left. Some genuine scratches at the corners and that is pretty much the only thing wrong with the car. BTW have you seen such similar deals happening at 4.5 lacs?
One of our bhpien has bought a 2007 if I'm not wrong, check on this thread, in Bangalore here the prices are on the higher side so you should get a 2008 for that price. Moreover the problem is that there are sellers quoting high prices for Civic but there are hardly any buyers for it. When your seller says that he has a dealer offering him more, he is bluffing. I suggest you wait for some time since the car is discontinued the prices of Civic will come down in next 4-6 months.
Old 29th April 2013, 09:41   #7128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post

Since prices in Hyderabad ars also relatively high, I would suggest sticking to 4.5l and relax if you don't get this one, there are plenty more civics around in the market and in a few months once everyone has realized that production has stopped, prices will go down even further.
Old 29th April 2013, 10:56   #7129
BHPian

How much max can I shell out for a 2007 Sep Tata safari Dicor EX 2.2 run 39k[Genuine] in Bangalore. Condition is Excellent and surprisingly no rattles when i took it for a test drive in some Bad roads. Asking Price is 6L.
Owner told that the service is service is done at correct intervals. But I am yet to check the service History from the TASS.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:24   #7130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
How much max can I shell out for a 2007 Sep Tata safari Dicor EX 2.2 run 39k[Genuine] in Bangalore. Condition is Excellent and surprisingly no rattles
Hello Bull,
For once,6L seems like a fair price,for such a low mileage car. If the odo's genuine & the condition's good I say, GO FOR IT!! Although no problem in trying to bring down the price further to like,5.75L(inclusive of transfer charges). Do check the service history though.

Regards,
Varun
Old 29th April 2013, 12:45   #7131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much max can I shell out for a 2007 Sep Tata safari Dicor EX 2.2 run 39k[Genuine] in Bangalore. Condition is Excellent and surprisingly no rattles when i took it for a test drive in some Bad roads. Asking Price is 6L.
Owner told that the service is service is done at correct intervals. But I am yet to check the service History from the TASS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Bull,
For once,6L seems like a fair price,for such a low mileage car. If the odo's genuine & the condition's good I say, GO FOR IT!! Although no problem in trying to bring down the price further to like,5.75L(inclusive of transfer charges). Do check the service history though.

Regards,
Varun

Guys,

Do Safari carry such a premium resale value especially since Aria itself is in 10-11L reach? Before narrowing down on Xylo, I was behind the Safari (I still love them) and 2.2VTT variants were starting around 8L. Also check out the Safari ads in TBHP classifieds itself before you are convinced for 6L.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Safari.html/

Old 29th April 2013, 12:51   #7132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Don't know about Hyderabad, in Bangalore you may get 3.75 - 4 L. So you can safely look at 3.5 L there.
Are you sure ? I was under the impression that if I get 3L out of it, I would be damn lucky . Let me try my luck out.

Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 13:26   #7133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Are you sure ? I was under the impression that if I get 3L out of it, I would be damn lucky . Let me try my luck out.

Thanks
I was recently offered a very well kept Fiesta 1.6s with 47,000 on the odo for Rs3.1l in Bangalore (December 2008 registration). I suspect a 2006 1.4L will go for less less.

The only reason I didnt go for the 1.6s is that I decided that the harder suspension of the 's' is not suitable for the roads near my house. Prefer the regular 1.6 for these roads', which should be easy enough to find.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:00   #7134
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

Do Safari carry such a premium resale value especially since Aria itself is in 10-11L reach? Before narrowing down on Xylo, I was behind the Safari (I still love them) and 2.2VTT variants were starting around 8L. Also check out the Safari ads in TBHP classifieds itself before you are convinced for 6L.

Hello Jacs,
I think that the safari Bullzire is looking & the 3 safari's you mentioned are quite different,cause:-

1 - The first two safari's have done more than 65k's. More ever, they are not secondhand,but thirdhand. Also bullzire mentioned that the safari he checked out has a genuine 39k mileage. Cant comment about the genuineness of the safari's you mentioned. Also it is very difficult to check out the service history if there are more than a single owner.

2 - The third safari is in Delhi. You must be very well aware of the huge price differences between North & South India. Bangalore has the most highest car prices in whole of India. So this has an effect on the secondhand prices too.

3 - A safari that dosen't rattle,after nearly 6 yrs!!!

I hope I'm correct in my analysis. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 29th April 2013 at 14:01.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:10   #7135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
I was recently offered a very well kept Fiesta 1.6s with 47,000 on the odo for Rs3.1l in Bangalore (December 2008 registration). I suspect a 2006 1.4L will go for less less.

The only reason I didnt go for the 1.6s is that I decided that the harder suspension of the 's' is not suitable for the roads near my house. Prefer the regular 1.6 for these roads', which should be easy enough to find.
1.4 Duratech is Diesel right? And 2006 is pre facelift model. 3 - 3.5L is the range in Kerala, guy sitting just behind me is hunting for one and didn't find good ones under 4L

1.6S is supreme for the signature equipment level and 3.1L for a non abused car looks attractive.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:21   #7136
BHPian

Quote:
1.4 Duratech is Diesel right?
No buddy, Duratech is petrol, Duratorq is diesel. It's easy to get confused,it sounds very similar. You have to look at the badges carefully to check out if it's diesel or petrol. The Badge style is very similar!!!

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 29th April 2013 at 14:26.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:25   #7137
BHPian

Quote:
1.4 Duratech is Diesel right
There used to be a 1.4 Duratec petrol. The diesel is a 1.4 Duratorq. Look for the TDCI badge on the boot lid.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:38   #7138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Jacs,
I think that the safari Bullzire is looking & the 3 safari's you mentioned are quite different,cause:-

1 - The first two safari's have done more than 65k's. More ever, they are not secondhand,but thirdhand. Also bullzire mentioned that the safari he checked out has a genuine 39k mileage. Cant comment about the genuineness of the safari's you mentioned. Also it is very difficult to check out the service history if there are more than a single owner.

2 - The third safari is in Delhi. You must be very well aware of the huge price differences between North & South India. Bangalore has the most highest car prices in whole of India. So this has an effect on the secondhand prices too.

3 - A safari that dosen't rattle,after nearly 6 yrs!!!

I hope I'm correct in my analysis. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun,

Striclty no offence meant on your analysis. Its not tcommon we find Safaris in mint condition and that too with no rattles after 6 years !!!

I copied some ad links to just give him an overall idea on cost figures and to indicate its not a hot selling car in market now to grab at premium prices. A 20% tolerence for various cities and odo readings should suffice right? And ofcource we can add a 0.25 to 0.50L on top for the ones that really cannot afford to lose. That was my math during all my used car purchases. I used to refer the valuation from carwale also when I have no clue on the price median.

Quote:
No buddy, Duratech is petrol, Duratorq is diesel. It;s easy to get confused,it sounds very similar. You have to look at the badges carefully to check out if it's diesel or petrol. The Badge style is very similar!!!

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun, I noticed it now. My bad. No comments on petrol version's cost as we were hunting for Duratorq Diesel only.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:42   #7139
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Do Safari carry such a premium resale value especially since Aria itself is in 10-11L reach?
Quote:
Hello Jacs,
Jacs and Power, Thanks a lot for your suggestion and information. I am very sure that the car and the seller are genuine as we both work for same company and know him through some friends. That's why i thought of taking a chance for a six year old safari. I am meeting the owner again today, Also I am not in hurry to buy it. So will wait and see how it ends.
I will keep this thread updated.

Last edited by BulZire : 29th April 2013 at 14:53.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:04   #7140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
The one I am planning to sell is 2007, with approximately 49000 on the odo. As said, let me try my luck out. If offered ridiculously low price, I would rather keep it and take along with me as it has been a trouble free car, well kept with effort. I can rely on it to serve me for another 2 years easily.

Quote:
1.4 Duratech is Diesel right? And 2006 is pre facelift model. 3 - 3.5L is the range in Kerala, guy sitting just behind me is hunting for one and didn't find good ones under 4L
As stated by someone else too, 1.4 duratech is petrol and mine is a 2007. The 2006 model mentioned in my signature is back at my native place with my dad. It is fetching me close to 2L, which I think is good enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks