Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:55   #7186
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Hello guys,

Need your valuable suggestions on buying an used ANHC. Got 2 options -

2009 s model, white, single owner, 35k on ODO, Bangalore registration -Asking price 6 lakhs.

2009 s model, grey, single owner, 40k done, Bangalore registration -Asking price 5.5 lakhs.

So in general asking price for 2009 ANHC done ~35k is 5.5-6 lakhs.

You guys think it's reasonable?
I believe you can get better deals than both the above. IMO 2009 City-S with around 40K kms should go for Rs.5-5.5 lacs (you can save Rs.50K) in yor place. In NCR 2009 City-S iVtec can be easily had for Rs.4.5 lacs (as per Newspaper listing before negotiations). You need to bargain bit harder.

A pointer S-MT in 2009 is almost equivalent to E-MT (lower than current S-MT) these days. You can determine & negotiate price on the absence of alloys & lower ground clearance. Moreover, OEM tires ought to be changed around 40K km bargain for that as well.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:01   #7187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hello guys, I have finalized on a used Civic A/T. I may even consider a City (ANHC) A/T if I get a good deal.

I am looking for a 2009 (or further) Civic which has done about 20000-30000 kms. I live in Mumbai. How much should I expect it to cost?

Variant does not matter, since both 'S' and 'V' has the required creature comforts and safety features.
Hi Raj,

I am bit shocked to see the SUV man's interest moving towards Sedans. Having driven Scorp, Innova and now the XUV, would not her low under belly disappoint you or its it just for your urban drives? However our Civic man Laluks has driven her around all the unreachable destinations across india, may be his feedback will be well worth it.

Had come across many preowned Civics while I was in Bangalore and my relative bought a 2008 ~30000KMs run last November at INR5.5L directly from the owner. He had to change all the tyres immediately after purchase. But then it was before Honda decided to pull out Civic from their list for India. Now it should be even lesser.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:05   #7188

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I believe you can get better deals than both the above. IMO 2009 City-S with around 40K kms should go for Rs.5-5.5 lacs (you can save Rs.50K) in yor place. In NCR 2009 City-S iVtec can be easily had for Rs.4.5 lacs (as per Newspaper listing before negotiations). You need to bargain bit harder.

A pointer S-MT in 2009 is almost equivalent to E-MT (lower than current S-MT) these days. You can determine & negotiate price on the absence of alloys & lower ground clearance. Moreover, OEM tires ought to be changed around 40K km bargain for that as well.
thanks for the quick reply CARDEEP. I forgot to mention both are negotiable prices and I ought to stick to 5 L price, and thanks for the pointers

I checked many a places in Bangalore and all are in 5-6 L bracket only, for 2009 S-MT done roughly 35K.
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:09   #7189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wont be spending 7 Lacs on a used Civic as I can get a brand new i20, Vento or SX4 A/T for a little more money. I have seen some 2008 Civics which has done roughly 38k-45k kms, being offered for 4.9 to 5.5 Lacs. I think that should be a good deal then.
Hello Raj,

Exactly. In my personal opinion spending Rs. 7 lacs for a user car is not a good option. Also a well maintained 2008 Honda Civic with less than 40,000 kms on ODO will be a great car which you can buy for approx Rs. 5 lacs.

Quote:
2009 s model, white, single owner, 35k on ODO, Bangalore registration -Asking price 6 lakhs. 2009 s model, grey, single owner, 40k done, Bangalore registration -Asking price 5.5 lakhs.
Hello Skyliner34,

Considering the high prices of used cars in Bangalore, Rs. 5.25 lacs is will be appropriate price for the Cars you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:46   #7190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thanks for the quick reply CARDEEP. I forgot to mention both are negotiable prices and I ought to stick to 5 L price, and thanks for the pointers

I checked many a places in Bangalore and all are in 5-6 L bracket only, for 2009 S-MT done roughly 35K.
I remember seeing an ad in today classified, 2012 city V MT for 6.5L. There was no mention of odo reading though.
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:00   #7191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi Raj,

I am bit shocked to see the SUV man's interest moving towards Sedans. Having driven Scorp, Innova and now the XUV, would not her low under belly disappoint you or its it just for your urban drives? However our Civic man Laluks has driven her around all the unreachable destinations across india, may be his feedback will be well worth it.
Did you forget the Punto a.k.a. Pintu? I will always be an ardent SUV lover, no doubts about that.

As you said, this car would be used for short city trips only, mainly local trips to the grocery and my friends. I am buying a sedan because even my sister-in-law would be driving this car and since she is a newbie driver, she wont be comfortable driving an SUV around.

Secondly, considering the every increasing traffic of Mumbai, it is wise to move on to a A/T gearbox. Since this car will be rarely used, FE is not a concern and hence I can afford to drive a Petrol A/T! SUVs in my budget dont have an A/T except the Scorpio... and we dont want a Scorpio again.

Finally, well maintained SUVs like the Scorpio and Safari fetch higher prices. Since we have the XUV for primary use, we dont really require another bulky and diesel car at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Raj,

Exactly. In my personal opinion spending Rs. 7 lacs for a user car is not a good option. Also a well maintained 2008 Honda Civic with less than 40,000 kms on ODO will be a great car which you can buy for approx Rs. 5 lacs.
You are right. I was keen on a 2009 Civic since the Civic had a mild facelift then. But they are demanding an unreasonable premium for it. So, 2008 Civic it is. The search begins...
Old 3rd May 2013, 21:10   #7192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this car would be used for short city trips only, mainly local trips to the grocery and my friends. I am buying a sedan because even my sister-in-law would be driving this car and since she is a newbie driver, she wont be comfortable driving an SUV around.

Secondly, considering the every increasing traffic of Mumbai, it is wise to move on to a A/T gearbox. Since this car will be rarely used, FE is not a concern and hence I can afford to drive a Petrol A/T! SUVs in my budget dont have an A/T except the Scorpio... and we dont want a Scorpio again.

You are right. I was keen on a 2009 Civic since the Civic had a mild facelift then. But they are demanding an unreasonable premium for it. So, 2008 Civic it is. The search begins...
First off, rejoice the fact that you are in Bombay used car prices are really low there. Secondly I am not sure about a sedan being easier to drive than an suv though automatics are, and lastly, do not strike a facelifted Civic off your list since the redesigned lights aren't the only thing they changed; Honda also tweaked the rear suspension making it better on speeedbreakers. Considering you own a lot of SUVs living with any low sedan will seem painful atleast this way it isn't so bad :P If you forget about the mileage limit, then I am sure you can find a 2009 Civic with around 40-50k for 5.5l especially in a couple of months, once the fact that it is discontinued has sunk into everyone's minds Oh and also, along with making sure there are no accidents, dents on the underbody like anyone looking for a pre-owned civic would, remember to check the odo reading because of its popularity, the probability of it being tampered with is very high.

Cheers and good luck!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 3rd May 2013 at 21:13.
Old 4th May 2013, 03:44   #7193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Secondly I am not sure about a sedan being easier to drive than an suv though automatics are,
Hi,

After driving an SUV around for so many years and then driving a Punto, I can vouch for the fact that SUVs are easier to drive, both in town as well as on the highways. The visibility, high seating and enormous GC gives you a special sense of freedom and security, which low lying sedans dont.

The only area where a sedan is more fun to drive is well paved and empty highways and on ghats... which accounts for less than 5% of my drive. So, I totally agree with you.

Again, as you said, the whole point of going for a petrol sedan as I said is the need for an A/T. I wont get an A/T in an SUV (since we dont want a Scorpio again) and the best diesel sedan I can get right now is the Verna or the Cruze, which is expensive.

Quote:
and lastly, do not strike a facelifted Civic off your list since the redesigned lights aren't the only thing they changed; Honda also tweaked the rear suspension making it better on speeedbreakers. Considering you own a lot of SUVs living with any low sedan will seem painful atleast this way it isn't so bad :P
I was not aware of this. I rarely follow news on sedans, especially not petrol sedans. That said, I am -

1) An SUV fan
2) A diesel lover
3) Prefer a manual gearbox

So, I am quite amused myself that I am looking for a petrol A/T sedan!

Quote:
If you forget about the mileage limit, then I am sure you can find a 2009 Civic with around 40-50k for 5.5l especially in a couple of months
I am okay with a 2009 Civic with 45k for 5-5 to 6 Lacs. I am looking for such a car though.

Quote:
Oh and also, along with making sure there are no accidents, dents on the underbody like anyone looking for a pre-owned civic would, remember to check the odo reading because of its popularity, the probability of it being tampered with is very high.
Thanks, I will do that.

That said, can I go to any random Honda A.S.S. and ask them to do a complete check up of the car? Will they oblige?
Old 4th May 2013, 06:30   #7194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you forget the Punto a.k.a. Pintu? I will always be an ardent SUV lover, no doubts about that.

I am buying a sedan because even my sister-in-law would be driving this car and since she is a newbie driver, she wont be comfortable driving an SUV around.

Secondly, considering the every increasing traffic of Mumbai, it is wise to move on to a A/T gearbox.

Since we have the XUV for primary use, we dont really require another bulky and diesel car at home.
Got it Raj. Good luck with your purchase. Do keep your eyes on the City AT as well since your sister-in-law can save a breath taking the Civvy in a busy city like Mumbai .
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 16:44   #7195
BHPian

Was considering a Fiat Punto 90hp for purchase.

Manufactured April 2011
Registered June 2012
Odo reading: 29970
Registration - Delhi

Carwale says a good price from a dealer is 4.62. The dealer in question is quoting 5.75.

Any pointers on what would be a fair price for the car? Thanks a lot!
Old 4th May 2013, 18:17   #7196
BHPian

Why was there a gap of more than one year in the date of manufacture and date of registration? The original owner must have got significant discount on this vehicle. I don't think this car will sell for more than 4.75 lac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post
Was considering a Fiat Punto 90hp for purchase.

Manufactured April 2011
Registered June 2012
Registration - Delhi

Carwale says a good price from a dealer is 4.62. The dealer in question is quoting 5.75.

Any pointers on what would be a fair price for the car? Thanks a lot!
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 18:22   #7197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post

Manufactured April 2011
Registered June 2012
Registration - Delhi
Hello LA,
Although 5.75L is not too unreasonable of a price,since it has done 30k’s in just a year,which is quite a bit,a fair price would be around 5.0L

What troubles me is the fact that the car was lying in the dealer stockyard for nearly 14 months. I hope there is no problems with the car due to this. Check the car throughly.

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 4th May 2013 at 18:25.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 21:15   #7198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
How much can one expect for a single Owner August 2007 Verna CRDI SX ABS model that has run for 78,000 km in Hyderabad. We have recently changed all the suspensions, tires, Clutch and AC Evaporator Coil. All the servicing was done at Authorized Service Center. Body condition is good with minor scratches and one small dent.
Update to the above post. We sold our Verna to a direct buyer today for 4.25 Lakhs in as is condition. The car has run a total distance of 80k and was due to it service. When I checked with the service guys they were quoting somewhere around Rs 50,000/- for timing belt change and regular servicing. That is more than 10 times the cost of timing belt change service. This pushed the decision to sell the car before any further shocks occur

For almost 45 days there was just one other buyer in the range if 4.25 lakhs. Most of them were quoting between 3.2 to 3.9 lakhs.
Old 5th May 2013, 14:12   #7199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Bingeljell,
If you can stretch your budget to upto 2.5-2.75L, the other fun-to-drive alternative is the Ford Fiesta. It's a sweet engine & the handling is the best,in this range (Just ask gondlur, he has a Fiesta too).

More ever, the Fiesta Classic is still in production, so you can be assured of genuine spares. Plus I guess,the ZXi/SXi versions come with ABS. I think you can get 2006 model 1.6's for about 2.5L or thereabout.

If you are looking strictly whiten 1.5L, the other worthy option is the Ford Ikon. But again, spares maybe an issue.

Think about the Fiesta seriously. It can be a far better & reliable machine than the battered OHC's, you're checking out!!

Regards,
Varun
So I'm still looking for a clean VTEC, but I've broadened my search to include the Palio 1.6GTX as well as the 2006-2007 Baleno Vxi

Have a clean VTEC lined up for this week; 58k on the ODO, everything still Stock, full service history and maintained by a Parsi. Asking 2L I think.

Have a Palio with 62k on the Odo, seems to be in decent nick. Asking is 85K

Yet to see a few Balenos, but in general with about 60k or so on the odo, the asking is around 1.9L-2.2L. And after seeing Binz's thread on what he's done with his Baleno, I'm getting super tempted.
Old 6th May 2013, 08:41   #7200
BHPian

Hi, if I put up my Innova (2007 January `G' model diesel KA 03 registration), 45000 kms on ODO, single handed driven (by software engineer), mostly used on weekend trips, all services done in showroom in proper time, no accidents (even dents), on sale in Bangalore, how much can I expect from private buyers (dealers later)? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks