Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 09:50   #7201
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Hi, if I put up my Innova (2007 January `G' model diesel KA 03 registration), 45000 kms on ODO, single handed driven (by software engineer), mostly used on weekend trips, all services done in showroom in proper time, no accidents (even dents), on sale in Bangalore, how much can I expect from private buyers (dealers later)? Thanks.
Considering that Hyderabad /Bangalore have more or less similar prices, if it is a G4 model you should expect nothing less than 7.5 lakhs (I feel this also is on the lower side). We recently sold our cousins innova G4, 2007 December model with 1,75,000km on odo for Rs 6.3 lakhs. Except for engine, Body condition and interiors of the car were average.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 09:56   #7202
BANNED

Hello All -

Would be thankful if you may help me the pricing of this vehicle -

Grand Vitara 2.0
Model - Apr 2007
Run - 48K (the meter might have been tampered with, it is a dealer)
Previous Owners - 2
Reg - Delhi

Happy Motoring !
Old 6th May 2013, 10:10   #7203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Why was there a gap of more than one year in the date of manufacture and date of registration? The original owner must have got significant discount on this vehicle. I don't think this car will sell for more than 4.75 lac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello LA,
Although 5.75L is not too unreasonable of a price,since it has done 30k’s in just a year,which is quite a bit,a fair price would be around 5.0L

What troubles me is the fact that the car was lying in the dealer stockyard for nearly 14 months. I hope there is no problems with the car due to this. Check the car throughly.

Regards,
Varun
Apologies for not replying earlier. The internet at home is acting up.

Will definitely check the complete histoy of the car. Judging by your feedback, don't think I will go above 5.25 at best. Thanks again!
Old 6th May 2013, 10:54   #7204
Senior - BHPian

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...3-Series.html/

Is this too-good-to-be-true? Or is this what a '07 320i would go for?

I've always wanted to own a Beemer. While i could manage the one time cost of buying one, I never got the hang of the TCO (insurance+service costs+running costs etc per year). So always got scared of taking the plunge. This sounds so tempting!
Old 6th May 2013, 11:40   #7205
BHPian

Just saw an ad for a used Brio (S). Done 12k Kms. Owner quoting 5L. Looks on the higher side. Carwale shows just a notch above 4 as the price. Not sure what would be the right price?
Old 6th May 2013, 11:53   #7206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...3-Series.html/

Is this too-good-to-be-true? Or is this what a '07 320i would go for?

I've always wanted to own a Beemer. While i could manage the one time cost of buying one, I never got the hang of the TCO (insurance+service costs+running costs etc per year). So always got scared of taking the plunge. This sounds so tempting!
I don't know about car prices in Pune, but by Delhi standards the price quoted is quite high. I won't pay anything higher than 9-9.5 lacs for this in Delhi.
reddevilgautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 12:09   #7207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
But if you are willing to sell your June 2012 Alto K10 Vxi with 5000 kms on ODO, then you can expect approx Rs. 3.35 - Rs. 3.5 lacs if you manage to find a direct buyer. Further I feel used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 3.15 lacs for this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I presume,you are looking to buy the K10. A price of around 2.75-3.0L seems fair for the car.
BTW, how much is seller quoting?
The query was asked on behalf of a colleague. The car Alto K10 vxi was of July 12, and had run 3500 km.The deal was closed at 2.95, alongwith all accessories like music system, seat covers, added security etc. The on road price of new Alto k10 vxi alongwith the 30k max discount was coming 3.78L. Also, seller had the bill of accessories above 25000. I would have liked the deal around 2.8, but since less run and best kept cars are very few and rare, the buyer has gone ahead with the deal.

Thanks for advising on the price.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:28   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
I was recently offered a very well kept Fiesta 1.6s with 47,000 on the odo for Rs3.1l in Bangalore (December 2008 registration). I suspect a 2006 1.4L will go for less less.
Is this fiesta 1.6S still around for sale?
Old 6th May 2013, 12:49   #7209
BHPian

Hi what should my friend quote for his punto dynamic petrol 2009 model single owner in good condition and 39k kms done in bangalore
Old 6th May 2013, 13:22   #7210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
I don't know about car prices in Pune, but by Delhi standards the price quoted is quite high. I won't pay anything higher than 9-9.5 lacs for this in Delhi.
Really? I need to check on a few other listings to check on the price. What do you think would the TCO be esp given that its an auto tranny?
Old 6th May 2013, 13:26   #7211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi
I would factor a 20% depreciation for the Scorpio because of Diesel + Top seller in the segment. That brings the price to around 8.75Lakhs. With the price rise having happened + the accessories you should expect between 8.75-9lakhs.

The only issue with selling an almost new car is the prospective buyer should be buying it out of own funds. Else he will be better off buying a new SLE because a new car loan interest rate will be far lower than a used car rate. Keep us posted once you sell your car on the exact price got.
I went to few dealers during the weekend. From Marutis/Hyundais/Toyotas etc. Min quote was 8L and Max quote I got was close to 9L. This is still less compared to what I was expecting in Bangalore for 2011 Scorpio SLE. The used car 2011 Ritz/i10 are not coming less than 4.25L from Dealers.
A well maintained car with 60K accessories fitted. Its hard to give it away.
Emotional aspect as well.
So, finally decided to continue with Scorpio MHawk and drive more miles.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:42   #7212
BHPian

Hi All,

This is my First Post on the team-bhp forum. I have been an ardent follower of many threads especially the ones for Honda Civic.I am currently planning to buy a pre-owned Honda Civic or a Fiat Linea. (This would be my first Car)
Would the following Civic make sense to buy??
Honda Civic - Single Owner, 69000kms done, SMT, Sep-2007, @ 4Lacs(slightly negotiable) - The condition of the car seems to be good though I havent driven it yet. The owner claims to have serviced it in HASS regularly. The tyres require a change as they are stilling running on OEM tyres. Which tyres should I opt for and how much would they cost for all 5?
What all issues should I be considering? I am looking to own this car for around 1&half - 2 years and need a peace of mind with minimal expenditure on the service. Considering this, would a Pre-owned Civic make good sense?

Looking forward for your responses and Thanks Everyone!
Old 6th May 2013, 21:46   #7213
BHPian

Guys,I’m in need for your suggessions:-

My friend is looking for a used Mahindra Logan.What do you think will be a fair price for a 2007/08,Logan? The car will be used to ferry his co. employees. His budget is around 2.5L.
Is there any other car he should look at? His requirements are:-
- Reliable (must)
- Diesel (must)
- ABS (must)
- Airbags (optional)
Any help will be highly appreciated.

EDIT - Out of DLS & DLX which model comes with ABS & AIRBAGS?
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 6th May 2013 at 22:03.
Old 6th May 2013, 23:41   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP
Hi All,

This is my First Post on the team-bhp forum. I have been an ardent follower of many threads especially the ones for Honda Civic.I am currently planning to buy a pre-owned Honda Civic or a Fiat Linea. (This would be my first Car)
Would the following Civic make sense to buy??
Honda Civic - Single Owner, 69000kms done, SMT, Sep-2007, @ 4Lacs(slightly negotiable) - The condition of the car seems to be good though I havent driven it yet. The owner claims to have serviced it in HASS regularly. The tyres require a change as they are stilling running on OEM tyres. Which tyres should I opt for and how much would they cost for all 5?
What all issues should I be considering? I am looking to own this car for around 1&half - 2 years and need a peace of mind with minimal expenditure on the service. Considering this, would a Pre-owned Civic make good sense?

Looking forward for your responses and Thanks Everyone!
Congrats on your first post. Well to answer your queries; the Civic is a great car to buy second hand. Pretty decent quality levels mean they age gracefully. Don't know about Chennai, but 3.75lakhs would be a fair price for an 07 SMT. Really surprising that the owner hasn't changed tyres in 69,000kms. It kinda worries me if he has similarly overlooked other important Maintainance.
Anyways do check the service history. There are a wide options of tyres available for the Civic and they aren't frightfully expensive.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 09:58   #7215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Skyliner34,

Considering the high prices of used cars in Bangalore, Rs. 5.25 lacs is will be appropriate price for the Cars you have mentioned.

Thanks,
Yes Jignesh, that's my idea as well, will not spend more than 5.5 L for 2009-2010 model cars, unless there's an exceptional one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I remember seeing an ad in today classified, 2012 city V MT for 6.5L. There was no mention of odo reading though.
Thanks Sameer, but I believe used car prices in Bangalore are much higher compared to other cities? Yesterday I also saw 2011 S-MT done 19K and asking price to be 6.9 L negotiable.

Most Viewed