Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 14:19   #7336
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Exchanged my Swift ZXI 2006 with the Odo reading 39K+ (me being the second owner and purchased this on May 2009) for Honda City V AT for 6.25L with about 12K odd on the Odo.
Purchased the car from Linkway Motors, Malad (W).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
The year of manufacture is 2011 for the honda city
Hello NVI2112,

In my personal opinion, Rs. 8.25 lacs (Rs. 6.25 lacs payment + your 2006 Swift ZXi) is a little on higher side for 2011 Honda City V AT with 12,000 kms on ODO. Anyways, you are taking a car loan was a any particular reason for not buying a new car?

But as the mechanic from Patel Auto has given a positive review, I am sure this Car will be in real good condition & service history is available. Hope you know the Car's mileage in city driving conditions will be on lower side (approx 8 - 10 kmpl)

Thanks,
Old 20th May 2013, 14:32   #7337
BHPian

I tried to request for the difference amount to be brought down to 6L from the original 6.7L. However he said the best rate can be 6.25 or nothing. How much more have I paid? I was planning to get a new swift dzire or old honda city SMT. In the meanwhile got this, so went ahead. My running is very low about 500km/month. So if I get 10, I should be fine

Last edited by NVI2112 : 20th May 2013 at 14:39.
NVI2112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 14:35   #7338
Senior - BHPian

Just FYI - my friend did the below deal last week

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/Jazz.html/

the above car was sold for Rs6 lakhs

I think it was a fair deal for both parties given the condition of the car.

After this deal, I am all the more sure that well maintained Jazz's will command a decent premium in the used car market given that the car is no longer available for new. As long as you get the right buyer who appreciates the vehicle and knows that Honda supports their cars with spares for quite a long time after productions, you should get a good price.
Old 20th May 2013, 21:53   #7339

Re: Tata Manza Elan: 2 Months - 4200 Kms Report

Mod team note: Please use Search to find the relevant thread to post. Thanks.

I am getting a pre-owned Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet BS-IV,Delhi registered, Nov 2011, done 16000 KM for 6.30 lakhs. It has been used by a single owner who is selling it because he is from Delhi and has relocated to Kolkata and doesn't want to take this vehicle due to re-registration issues and also he already has a vehicle there.
The vehicle doesn't have any issues/accident and has been serviced regularly.
I plan to offer him 6 lakhs..Should i go ahead with the deal at this asking price????
Your informed suggestions would be welcome and plz be quick as i need to finalise the deal ASAP.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2013 at 21:55.
Old 20th May 2013, 21:59   #7340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder28 View Post
Mod team note: Please use Search to find the relevant thread to post. Thanks.

I am getting a pre-owned Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet BS-IV,Delhi registered, Nov 2011, done 16000 KM for 6.30 lakhs. It has been used by a single owner who is selling it because he is from Delhi and has relocated to Kolkata and doesn't want to take this vehicle due to re-registration issues and also he already has a vehicle there.
The vehicle doesn't have any issues/accident and has been serviced regularly.
I plan to offer him 6 lakhs..Should i go ahead with the deal at this asking price????
Your informed suggestions would be welcome and plz be quick as i need to finalise the deal ASAP.
If I were you, I would make the most of this opportunity. The MANZA is not a hot seller, he will have less buyers for it. Speak to a TASS guy, they will give you a ball-park figure. You should be able to swing the deal for 5 lakhs, since the guy has to sell the car for sure
TheARUN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 22:55   #7341
BHPian

Dear All,
Pls let me know what I can expect for my car with below details
Honda Civic SMT
38000 km run
2nd owner
Service history available
Stanley leather seats
Reverse sensors and camera fitted
RF ovals at the back and JL components at the front
Chevy Cruze alloys
Old 21st May 2013, 01:11   #7342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Dear All,
Honda Civic SMT
38000 km run
2nd owner
Stanley leather seats
Chevy Cruze alloys
If you get upwards of 5.5Lakhs for your car, it would be quite a good deal, especially as you are the second owner. anything between 5-5.5 lakhs would be quite a realistic figure in my opinion.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:18   #7343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda Civic SMT. 2007. 38000 km run. 2nd owner. Service history available. Stanley leather seats. Reverse sensors and camera fitted. RF ovals at the back and JL components at the front
Chevy Cruze alloys
Hello Evoque,

If you sell your car to a used car delaer, you can expect Rs. 4.75 lacs to Rs. 5 lacs for your 2007 Honda Civic SMT with 38,000 kms on ODO, considering you are the second owner. However if you can manage to find a direct buyer, you can get approx Rs. 5.3 / Rs. 5.4 lacs for our car.

Thanks,
Old 21st May 2013, 11:27   #7344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
Honda Civic SMT
38000 km run
2nd owner
Stanley leather seats
Chevy Cruze alloys
Hi,

I recently bought a First owner, 45000 km run SMT, 2008 for 4.65 lakhs...I think you can at best expect 5 lakhs as accessories command a very low premium in the used car market. Especially the dealers will try to valuate it a little more than a stock car. Try to look for a individual owner. I would have bought it if you would have sold it some time back
Old 21st May 2013, 11:32   #7345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Evoque,

If you sell your car to a used car delaer, you can expect Rs. 4.75 lacs to Rs. 5 lacs for your 2007 Honda Civic SMT with 38,000 kms on ODO, considering you are the second owner. However if you can manage to find a direct buyer, you can get approx Rs. 5.3 / Rs. 5.4 lacs for our car.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
If you get upwards of 5.5Lakhs for your car, it would be quite a good deal, especially as you are the second owner. anything between 5-5.5 lakhs would be quite a realistic figure in my opinion.
Thank you Jignesh & rowhun for the feedback. To give you the complete picture, I am actually looking at the option of selling both my Civic (details mentioned above) as well as my Polo (detailes mentioned below) in exchange for a used XUV 5OO (details also below). Do you think it is a fair deal altogether?

POLO:
Year Aug - 2010, First owner, Diesel Trendline, White color, 44500 on the ODO, Full service history available, finished showroom service 20 days ago, no accidents, great condition, includes 3M mats, 100/90 bulbs with relay, Hella horn and RF rear speakers with Pioneer 2590BT HU.

XUV 5OO:
Manufactured Dec 2011, Registered Apr 2012 (This is slightly fishy) but full service history available, W6, 27000 kms run, Black color, New alloys, most niggles taken care of, owner says I can send it to M&M for full service before delivery and I can inform them directly on the work that needs to be done. This bill (if any) will be paid by him. Insurance valid till Dec-2013 and no claims in the same. They have also paid close to 1 lakh for a fancy number (receipt available) and price quoted in Rs. 12.5 lakhs.

The exchange deal is 4.5 for Civic and 6 for the Polo. I need to pay the difference of 2 lakhs. Do you think this is a good deal?

Also, does it make more sense to take out the HU and speakers from both the cars as they are not adding much value to the re-sale anyway. I can use the speakers in the XUV itself and sell the pioneer HU separately.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:20   #7346
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
Honda Civic SMT
38000 km run
2nd owner
Stanley leather seats
Chevy Cruze alloys
The value of Civic has gone down a lot.. I am getting 4.5 for my SMT Automatic! 1st owner
So, I would say sell it of if you are getting 4-4.5 lakhs
Old 21st May 2013, 12:48   #7347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The value of Civic has gone down a lot.. I am getting 4.5 for my SMT Automatic! 1st owner
So, I would say sell it of if you are getting 4-4.5 lakhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi,

I recently bought a First owner, 45000 km run SMT, 2008 for 4.65 lakhs...I think you can at best expect 5 lakhs as accessories command a very low premium in the used car market. Especially the dealers will try to valuate it a little more than a stock car. Try to look for a individual owner. I would have bought it if you would have sold it some time back
Dear YashD & 2000rpm,
Thank you for your feedback as well. Pls also note that I am in Bangalore where the used car prices are usually higher than cities like Delhi, Mumbai or Kolkata. (I envy you guys for this) Pls consider this aspect as well.
YashD, maybe you meant to say SAT. Are you planning to sell your car? As you must already be aware, Civic AT is one super fun car to drive. I would not give it up unless the situation really demands it.
2000rpm, I completely agree on the accessories part. It is due to this that I am thinking of stripping both the Civic and Polo (pls refer to my latest post. I posted this before seeing your responses) and use the accessories in the XUV (if at all I take it).

Would really appreciate both your comments on the latest post as well which indicated the full picture.
Old 21st May 2013, 13:59   #7348
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

What is a fair ask for a 2001 Alto VX 1.1 in Kerala? It has done 58,000KMs. Condition is very good. New tyres and battery. Car was used by a Professor who expired recently and we are just helping his family to sell off as nobody is in India to use it.
Old 21st May 2013, 14:03   #7349
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Jignesh & rowhun for the feedback. To give you the complete picture, I am actually looking at the option of selling both my Civic (details mentioned above) as well as my Polo (detailes mentioned below) in exchange for a used XUV 5OO (details also below). Do you think it is a fair deal altogether?

POLO:
Year Aug - 2010, First owner, Diesel Trendline, White color, 44500 on the ODO, Full service history available, finished showroom service 20 days ago, no accidents, great condition, includes 3M mats, 100/90 bulbs with relay, Hella horn and RF rear speakers with Pioneer 2590BT HU.

XUV 5OO:
Manufactured Dec 2011, Registered Apr 2012 (This is slightly fishy) but full service history available, W6, 27000 kms run, Black color, New alloys, most niggles taken care of, owner says I can send it to M&M for full service before delivery and I can inform them directly on the work that needs to be done. This bill (if any) will be paid by him. Insurance valid till Dec-2013 and no claims in the same. They have also paid close to 1 lakh for a fancy number (receipt available) and price quoted in Rs. 12.5 lakhs.

The exchange deal is 4.5 for Civic and 6 for the Polo. I need to pay the difference of 2 lakhs. Do you think this is a good deal?

Also, does it make more sense to take out the HU and speakers from both the cars as they are not adding much value to the re-sale anyway. I can use the speakers in the XUV itself and sell the pioneer HU separately.
The price quoted for the XUV500 is way too high. It should be in the range of 10lakhs to 10.5lakhs. A 2 lakh premium just for the fancy number and some new alloys doesn't justify the asking price to me. Or maybe it is because it is being considered as a 2012 vehicle, instead of a 2011. In which case, the price is about okay.

On the other hand you are getting a ridiculously good deal on the Polo. Ideally the Polo Trendline having 45k on the Odo, should not be more than 4.5Lakhs, taking into account Bangalore as well.

My opinion on this deal? Personally, I am not so kicked about it.
You have two really good cars when it comes to vehicle reliability and quality. Both Volkswagen and Honda are known for their quality. Both the vehicles are fun to drive too. Your Polo is not really too old either.
If I were you, I wouldn't be too hasty in making the decision to go ahead with this deal. Would probably wait it out, maybe save up a bit, and then buy a brand new vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

What is a fair ask for a 2001 Alto VX 1.1 in Kerala? It has done 58,000KMs. Condition is very good. New tyres and battery. Car was used by a Professor who expired recently and we are just helping his family to sell off as nobody is in India to use it.
INR80,000 to INR 90000 is a fair and reasonable figure. Especially as it has new tyres and battery, 90k should be a decent price.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st May 2013 at 17:20. Reason: Back to back posts
rowhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 14:19   #7350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
INR80,000 to INR 90000 is a fair and reasonable figure. Especially as it has new tyres and battery, 90k should be a decent price.
Thanks rowhun. 90K. Yes that is the figure which came to my mind too. Let me quote 95K so that the buyer gets a negotiation space as well.

My dad drives the same VX 1.1 and its my occassional city ride too. Found it to be a very reliable and peppy drive. Only let down is the fuel efficiency which is not so good as the Alto 800s. But then it has sufficient horses to pull a steep climb on 3rd gear with AC on or overtake on 5th gear .

Most Viewed