Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 16:49   #7381

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

^^^ Thanks for the reply. Car is coming from individual for sure. will update about the deal. One more concern is its own by a lady driver. Hope thats okay. Should this influence my decision in anyway?
Old 25th May 2013, 08:42   #7382

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,
I have been offered a 2007 skoda laura elegance that has clocked 75k , single owner driven by a doc.
They said they have recently changed full clutch assembly, brake pads, ac compressor. It is from an individual. I havent seen the vehicle. Asking price is 700k. Planning to test drive the car today. Could u guys
give me some advice on the things that i should look for.
Old 25th May 2013, 20:38   #7383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Friends,
I have been offered a 2007 skoda laura elegance that has clocked 75k , single owner driven by a doc.
They said they have recently changed full clutch assembly, brake pads, ac compressor. It is from an individual. I havent seen the vehicle. Asking price is 700k. Planning to test drive the car today. Could u guys
give me some advice on the things that i should look for.
7L for a 2007 model laura seems to be on the high side. Its better to take the car to a SC and get it checked thoroughly.
Old 25th May 2013, 20:51   #7384
Senior - BHPian

How much can I expect for my 2012 bought (2011 Nov manf) Polo diesel Highline in Bangalore ? Except for a few minor scratches the exterior remains in good condition. Its got bumper to bumper insurance till Feb 2014.
Old 26th May 2013, 22:29   #7385
BHPian

what would be a fair price for a 2010(may) 1st owner laura ambient TSI which is 30k done. This is in Bangalore & secondly is it worth going in for a used laura? What would be the cost of upkeep for the next 5 years? parts availability etc. considering laura TSI sells in single digit/month
Any pointers would help me greatly.
Thx.

Last edited by raihan : 26th May 2013 at 22:34.
Old 26th May 2013, 23:25   #7386
BHPian

How much can I expect for my Cedia sports, April 2008 model done only 22.5k kms. Car was transferred from company name to my wife name. Car is Mumbai registered and pretty much in excellent condition. Also what can I expect for my ohc vtec 2003 model done almost 68k kms.
I need to sell one among these 2, final decision as which one to sell will depend on what I'm getting. One thing is sure that I'm not interested in selling any of my car to a dealer.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:56   #7387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How much can I expect for my Cedia sports, April 2008 model done only 22.5k kms. Car was transferred from company name to my wife name. Car is Mumbai registered and pretty much in excellent condition. Also what can I expect for my ohc vtec 2003 model done almost 68k kms.
I need to sell one among these 2, final decision as which one to sell will depend on what I'm getting. One thing is sure that I'm not interested in selling any of my car to a dealer.
Saurabh
I would recommend selling the OHC Vtec. Presume you are the 1st owner. Have tyres been changed at around 55-60k ? If its in good nick you should quote 2.2-2.5 and be happy to close the deal at the lowe band. Ensure you wait for an Vtec enthusiast and not some one who wants "any petrol car at a low budget to plonk a CNG kit". You will be depressed if you put your Cedia for sale since its a dep disaster and its 2 owners in paper. Keep it for 2-3 yrs atleast.
Old 27th May 2013, 10:04   #7388
BHPian

What should be a fair asking price for my brother's safari dicor 3l. It has done 117000 km and was purchased September 2007. Last year my brother had spent good 1.5 lac to overhaul the suspensions and clutch, redid the interiors with leather seats and door pads, new roof lining and carbon fibre touches on central console. All 5 alloys running bf Goodrich at tyres, off road bumper with hella 700ff.
He is thinking 4, is that wishful or fair?
Old 27th May 2013, 10:13   #7389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
If you're using the proceeds to finance another car, then sell the cedia.if it's for space, etc, sell the city. Just my perception, on what I would have done.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:59   #7390
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I need your ideas and suggestions on how to sell my car for a better price, and what price can I expect:

Honda Accord 3.0v6
2005 model black with inspire kit
85k, 2nd owner
Complete service history available(every 5k service is done at honda service station)
New battery, scratch less, michelin tyres run 10k kms.
Have maintained it very well bangalore registered.

Let me know how I can maximise the amount I can get for the car.

Looking forward
Thanks
Chetan
Old 27th May 2013, 16:03   #7391
BHPian

Planning to buy a used Civic. Have shortlisted and given a small token for one. Details below:
  • 2008 V-MT
  • 24000 KMs on ODO
  • White Color
  • Insurance valid till July 2013.
Certified car
6 months warranty, extendable to 1 year for additional INR 4000/-
Roadside assistance for 6 months
Clean body line. Original Body Paint.

Drives good, has decent pick-up and suspension seemed OK to me, though not as good as a SX4, could be me, or should I be concerned. Very small 2-3 depressions on the roof, the sales guy told me it could be because of hailstorm or fruits falling off trees under which it might have been parked. The sheet metal of the roof is very flimsy so a hail could probably do some damage (inputs here please). Insides are clean just the chrome on steering logo is wearing off (any fix?). The tread on the rubber is about 20% of a Rs. 1 coin (Expected life left?).

Checked with a Honda dealership, got only two details:
  1. Last service was done in July 2012 @ 20,000 KMs
  2. Some part worth INR 544 was changed in Aug 2009.
The lady at Honda said that this is the only info available as of now due to technical problems with the software which has all the data (Don't know if that could be true).

Price: INR 5,40,000/-

Any inputs (apart from standard pre-delivery list for used cars) from experts would be highly appreciated. Want to keep the car for at least 5 years.

Cheers.
Old 27th May 2013, 16:19   #7392
Senior - BHPian

@ Blacknebula: I think its on the higher side (by delhi standards), however assuming a correct Odo reading and the immaculate condition, I think you can try to knock 20-30k off.

To give you a benchmark, I bought a 2008, 45000 kms, White color original paint car for 4.65 lakhs this Jan from Mumbai.

Chrome from Steering wheel peeling off is a normal issue with the Civic. Also the roof is very prone to dents.

But all said and done, your car profile looks like you are a heart guy and the Civic will not disappoint you. If its an immaculate car which you plan to keep for 5 years, get it!!! Difficult to find Civics with such low running.
Old 27th May 2013, 17:17   #7393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
2008 V-MT. 24000 KMs on ODO. White Color. Insurance valid till July 2013. Certified car. 6 months warranty, extendable to 1 year for additional INR 4000. Roadside assistance for 6 months. Clean body line. Original Body Paint. Price: INR 5,40,000/-
Hello Blacknebula,

Ideally given lower taxes in Delhi, the price of the car you have mentioned should be approx Rs. 4.75 lacs. But the car is in very good condition, plus it is a certified, I feel the ideal price will be Rs. 5 to Rs. 5.10 lacs for 2008 Honda Civic V-MT with 24,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Old 27th May 2013, 19:56   #7394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
what would be a fair price for a 2010(may) 1st owner laura ambient TSI which is 30k done. This is in Bangalore & secondly is it worth going in for a used laura? What would be the cost of upkeep for the next 5 years? parts availability etc. considering laura TSI sells in single digit/month
Thx.
SKoda Petrol cars depreciate quite drastically. A 3 year old Laura 1.8 Tsi should fetch about 50% of its Original price . Considering a Bangalore ex-showroom price of about 13 Lakhs, this would translate to about 6.5 Lakhs.

Had come across some 2009 Laura TSI in Delhi for less than 5.8 Lakhs.
Rasputin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 21:46   #7395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Thx.
If you are not particulary attracted to the Laura TSI and just looking for a C+ segment car putting out decent power, why not the Civic which puts out a healthy 135-140bhp ( approx ) compared to the TSI's 150bhp ? The Civic is available at mouth watering prices. Go for it rather than a Skoda
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks