Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 08:32   #7396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

If you are not particulary attracted to the Laura TSI and just looking for a C+ segment car putting out decent power, why not the Civic which puts out a healthy 135-140bhp ( approx ) compared to the TSI's 150bhp ? The Civic is available at mouth watering prices. Go for it rather than a Skoda
Nothing against the Civic per se, however, useful to note that the current model has been phased out and if resale value is an important consideration, he may just take a hit here.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:28   #7397
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
what would be a fair price for a 2010(may) 1st owner laura ambient TSI which is 30k done. This is in Bangalore & secondly is it worth going in for a used laura? What would be the cost of upkeep for the next 5 years? parts availability etc. considering laura TSI sells in single digit/month
Any pointers would help me greatly.
Thx.
I don't know about the correct market price for rare cars like the Laura TSI. But I can tell you that contrary to popular belief petrol Lauras are easy to live with. There are bunch of guys who own the Laura TSI on our forum and none have had any trouble owning them. They are quite reliable and almost all parts barring the engine are shared with the diesel Laura. The engine of course is same as one offered in the Superb, where the petrol outsells the diesel consistently. So engine related components should also be available easily for next few years considering the fact that petrol Superbs do sell quite well even today.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 15:46   #7398
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2013 at 12:56.
vyasachetan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th May 2013, 17:38   #7399
BHPian

A 2009/3 Civic V MT with 51k on the clock. Pretty neat condition. At what price would it be a good deal in Hyderabad?
Old 28th May 2013, 17:45   #7400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Can anyone answer this please ? I'm getting ridiculously low quotes from Maruti True Value and from certain other second hand dealers. A rough estimate will help me bargain better.
Shashank - you can take a ball park depreciation of 20% on the current discounted on road price of a similar spec Polo.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 22:13   #7401
BHPian

Saw a dealers ad for 2006 Honda Accord on BHP classifieds. Automatic petrol with 56k on odo for 4,75,000. Is this a good price to atleast have a look at it?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Accord.html/
Old 28th May 2013, 22:16   #7402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Saw a dealers ad for 2006 Honda Accord on BHP classifieds. Automatic petrol with 56k on odo for 4,75,000. Is this a good price to atleast have a look at it?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Accord.html/
My brother in law bought a 2007 manual with 26k with service records for 5l in Delhi.
Does that help?
Old 31st May 2013, 19:42   #7403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
what would be a fair price for a 2010(may) 1st owner laura ambient TSI which is 30k done. Any pointers would help me greatly.
Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If you are not particulary attracted to the Laura TSI and just looking for a C+ segment car putting out decent power, why not the Civic which puts out a healthy 135-140bhp ( approx ) compared to the TSI's 150bhp ? The Civic is available at mouth watering prices. Go for it rather than a Skoda
The BHP difference is around 30 between civic & laura, there is a huge difference in torque(in the laura it comes far more early at just 1,500 rpm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I don't know about the correct market price for rare cars like the Laura TSI. But I can tell you that contrary to popular belief petrol Lauras are easy to live with. There are bunch of guys who own the Laura TSI on our forum and none have had any trouble owning them. They are quite reliable and almost all parts barring the engine are shared with the diesel Laura. The engine of course is same as one offered in the Superb, where the petrol outsells the diesel consistently. So engine related components should also be available easily for next few years considering the fact that petrol Superbs do sell quite well even today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
SKoda Petrol cars depreciate quite drastically. A 3 year old Laura 1.8 Tsi should fetch about 50% of its Original price . Considering a Bangalore ex-showroom price of about 13 Lakhs, this would translate to about 6.5 Lakhs.

Had come across some 2009 Laura TSI in Delhi for less than 5.8 Lakhs.
Thx for the inputs. The car in question was sold for 8.3 lakhs as per the owner, I think it's about 50% depreciation from OTR price in 3 years. Extras were Stanley leather + 16" wheels.

Last edited by raihan : 31st May 2013 at 19:53.
Old 31st May 2013, 21:07   #7404
BHPian

What should be the right price for a 2010 Linea Tjet+, 27k kms, some scratches all round ? Tyres are fairly worn out, possible battery replacement due.
Old 1st June 2013, 02:33   #7405
BHPian

How much should a 2009 Cedia sports done 40K odd kms cost.
Is it worth buying or the upkeep is too much.
Old 1st June 2013, 09:51   #7406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
How much should a 2009 Cedia sports done 40K odd kms cost.
Is it worth buying or the upkeep is too much.
Hi,

I sold my March 2008 cedia select in July 2012. It had done 52.5k kms. It changed hands for around 3.75L. The tires were due for a change. I sold it to a reputed used car dealer in my city as i wanted peace of mind with clean transfer paper work etc as been hearing a lot of cons in that segment around here. So wanted to play it safe.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 10:00   #7407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
What should be the right price for a 2010 Linea Tjet+, 27k kms, some scratches all round ? Tyres are fairly worn out, possible battery replacement due.
Ricci- pls factor atleast a 60% depreciation on the current on road price after all discounts. Tyres wearing out at 27k is a sign of a car driven hard. Hence pls check the condition of clutch and the engine note at high rpms. There should be no leaks from the engine. Check if axles are in good nick. Are you the buyer or seller. If buyer what is the seller quoting ? If the car is good otherwise this is one deal you can bargain real hard
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 12:21   #7408
BHPian

@Narayan - thanks for the answer. I am the buyer, in fact bought it already, still to complete the transfer as RC needs a correction. The car has been driven hard yes, I took it for a TD and revved to 5000 once/twice, nothing seemed out of place or unusual from what I could tell. No leakages either, the car seems otherwise well kept aside from exterior scratches in several places, indicative of parking lot and low speed brushes than major collisions.

Of course I couldn't get a long drive to truly assess handling , steering, suspension but from what I could gather , nothing problematic. Once I have regs done, will take a longer drive and also have a garage check the brake pads and suspension for imminent replacement/repair.
Old 1st June 2013, 12:47   #7409
BHPian

h@r$h@l Thanks for the answer, that helps.

The owner is quoting around 3L so it is a good deal from the looks of it if the car has no issues.

I'll take a good look at the car.

Thanks,
Slick
Old 1st June 2013, 12:51   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
@Narayan - thanks for the answer. I am the buyer, in fact bought it already, still to complete the transfer as RC needs a correction. The car has been driven hard yes, I took it for a TD and revved to 5000 once/twice, nothing seemed out of place or unusual from what I could tell. No leakages either, the car seems otherwise well kept aside from exterior scratches in several places, indicative of parking lot and low speed brushes than major collisions.

Of course I couldn't get a long drive to truly assess handling , steering, suspension but from what I could gather , nothing problematic. Once I have regs done, will take a longer drive and also have a garage check the brake pads and suspension for imminent replacement/repair.
Congrats on your purchase . T-Jet is great vehicle. How much did you paid for it. Drive Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks