Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 16:27   #7516
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Are you referring to the used car calculator is Carwale ? I don't think its very accurate. On the other hand if you look at ads put up for sale of used cars in carwale, prices will be high because it is totally dominated by dealers. You may refer sulekha for a better refernce pt and of course this thread has so many details of used car prices. Pls post your exact requirement.
Yes sir, referring to the "Used Car Valuation" tool that Carwale has. I have a 2011 Polo Diesel Highline registered in 2012 and the value for it is 6,37,500 as per Carwale if in "excellent condition" Most buyers aren't willing to pay anything more than 6.4 after lots of negotiation. I'm expecting in the range of 6.7-6.8 taking a depreciation hit of 20% which I believe is on the higher side already. Nobody is willing to believe that carwale prices aren't 100% right
Old 17th June 2013, 18:11   #7517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Yes sir, referring to the "Used Car Valuation" tool that Carwale has. I have a 2011 Polo Diesel Highline registered in 2012 and the value for it is 6,37,500 as per Carwale if in "excellent condition" Most buyers aren't willing to pay anything more than 6.4 after lots of negotiation. I'm expecting in the range of 6.7-6.8 taking a depreciation hit of 20% which I believe is on the higher side already. Nobody is willing to believe that carwale prices aren't 100% right
Polo is currently being advertised by the company with 0% interest. That may translate into 10% kind of rebate on price. If you take that in view, 6.37 would be less than 20% depreciation.
Old 17th June 2013, 18:18   #7518
NMS
BHPian

Guys how much can be expected for Fabia 1.4 TDI Classic. 2010 Model. Run 62K Kms. In Pune. It is the 2 Airbags Version. And in good condition.
Old 17th June 2013, 18:21   #7519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Polo is currently being advertised by the company with 0% interest. That may translate into 10% kind of rebate on price. If you take that in view, 6.37 would be less than 20% depreciation.
What you've mentioned is true only for Polo petrol as confirmed by the dealers. No such offer on the Polo Diesel Highline. It retails for 8.8lakhs today, so 6.37 for a 2011 model seems too low, and is way higher than 20% depreciation. What's more strange is VW is offering a 40k discount on the trendline,30k on the comfortline and only 10k exchange bonus on the Highline!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th June 2013 at 18:23.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 21:43   #7520
BHPian

Need some help with buying a 2008 Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 Multijet, here in Bangalore, run about 54k kms; no accessories, single owner and accident free. What is the indicative price and what are the things I need to look out for ?
Old 17th June 2013, 21:49   #7521
BHPian

How much shall I expect in return for my Altis Diesel J, 2011 model done 25-26k...has a good audio system and alloys!!!
Very well (immaculately) maintained and is nearly as good as new as it has been sparingly used esp for a diesel..
Old 17th June 2013, 23:42   #7522
BHPian

What should be the price of a 2007 Spark LS in New Delhi? The owner quoted 1.8 lacs. Need your suggestions.
Thanks and regards.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:43   #7523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn
I wish to buy a civic VMT. Getting a 2009 Oct model 10,000 km driven for Rs 7 Lakh in New Delhi.

I know owner is asking on a higher side. what should be good price for this car ?
If it helps my friend picked up a 2009 V in delhi done 29000 kms few months back for 5 lakhs car was in pristine condition. Dealers were offering the owner around 4.5-4.7.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:49   #7524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
So I bought this car finally on 1st of June. Have driven around 250 kms in city.
Few observations:

The fuel efficiency I am getting is around 8.5. Is this normal in city traffic or is it my driving style? I have been driving it really calmly till now. Using regular fuel and not premium.

The gear shift from first to second is a little jerky. Don't know why that is.

Braking is OK. Not very confidence inspiring. Could it be the stock Bridgestone rubber which has less tread left on it?

I find the headlight brightness a little low. Can someone recommend good bulbs which might make a difference or any other alternative.

Rest every thing is smooth, no rattles what so ever, AC chills very quickly, all electricals work perfectly, engine is silent and smooth, shocks are in good shape.

Will click some photos soon and share.

Cheers
Congratulations on the new buy!!!

Yes, Civic will provide you that much mileage in City. And yes the low beams are very poor, High beams are excellent though. Gear shoft between 2nd and 1st is jerky. Even I feel that especially when down shifting.

Suspension, even in good condition, is not good enough for Mumbai because of ground clearance issues. :(
Old 18th June 2013, 16:17   #7525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I think braking on the civic is really good, check your brake pads and brake fluid levels.

Off Topic: Does anyone know a good installer for spacers and Coil spring adjusters in Thane?? I definitely need to install something which will prevent scraping for my civic :(
You can do the Coil spring adjusters on your own, just jack up your vehicle to the maximum and insert the CSA with a bit of soap oil/ soap solution. Initially it is a bit tough to get the thing inside the springs and then on it will slide up effortlessly.
Cuts facing to the vehicle means max height adjustment, away from the vehicle is for comfort. I have been using towards the vehicle upfront and away from the vehicle at the rear on my Baleno since about a year and half. Has given me a sigh of relief from the scraping the speed breakers and large potholes.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:49   #7526
Senior - BHPian

Car : Toyota Corolla 1.8G
Year : 2009
Kms done : 45000

Condition : Seems excellently well maintained. Doesn't seem roughly used at all. Back seat part seemed absolutely unused. (I saw it 2 months ago, quite ok it was, BUT not confirmed if the brake pads, clutch pads & tyres need to be changed as of today.)

Price (he probably won't reduce further) : 6,00,000/-

Person : Actually quite a nice guy, doesn't seem at all to be faking it or anything, an architect in Bangalore. ~40yrs old.

PS : I'm not personally connected to him in anyway. Just regretted it. So posting it here incase someone's interested, PM me or just quote me in your reply.
Old 19th June 2013, 00:33   #7527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Car : Toyota Corolla 1.8G.
2009 Corolla Altis 1.8G
Colour : Pearl white

Note to mod : Please do merge/edit the post. Apologies for the late addition/correction.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:51   #7528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi Folks,

My friend has seen a used good condition 2006 Cedia and is interested in it. Would like to know for how much he can pick this up for. Its MH registered and need to pay for road tax and registration charges, yet to obtain NOC from MH

Mitsubishi Cedia Sport 2.0
2006 Model
43k on odo

Also, would like to know on the service aspect in Bangalore now.

Regards,
Sudhindra
It may not make sense to buy an outside state vehicle.
For the vehicle, the KM's are on the lower side - so please get service history checked.

Asking price around 3 lacs is fair for this car if it is in good condition.
However, the road tax will spoil the party somewhat.

Do remember, the spares are expensive and mostly unavailable at the A.S.S. - I have to source them in the outside market or even import them in some cases.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:44   #7529

Hi All,
There is a car Hyundai i10, Magna kappa 1.2 petrol , done 18000kms , Apri-2011. What is fair price. Some scratches. Seems non accidental. What should I check ? Asking 2.8L , insurance over.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:42   #7530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlotwin View Post
Hi All,
There is a car Hyundai i10, Magna kappa 1.2 petrol , done 18000kms , Apri-2011. What is fair price. Some scratches. Seems non accidental. What should I check ? Asking 2.8L , insurance over.
Hello winlotwin,
I'm not aware of Bikaner prices but this seems like a decent price,in fact I feel the price is a little too less. I might be wrong here.

Check the full service history & also for claims on the insurance. Try to bargain to 2.5L is all is right

Regards,
Varun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks