Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 17:08   #7591
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be a fair price for 2009 Honda City S-AT, 34500 kms? Car was kept without being driven for 2 years and is with the secnd owner now.
Old 29th June 2013, 22:57   #7592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What would be a fair price for 2009 Honda City S-AT, 34500 kms? Car was kept without being driven for 2 years and is with the secnd owner now.
Guna - you can take a 60-65% depreciation on present on road price after all discounts. You also need to check if 2 yrs of non usage is due to any specific reason and have the car inspected thoroughly. Pls use this as a pt of negotiation as well. What's the seller quoting ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 09:08   #7593
BHPian

Dear All;

Help me to price correctly my one year and three months old Tata Manza Aura ABS driven 20K KM till date and in exceptional condition.

The purchase price was around 7.4L.

I am expecting 5.8L after considering the low resale of Tata cars per se.
Old 30th June 2013, 12:12   #7594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Dear All;

Help me to price correctly my one year and three months old Tata Manza Aura ABS driven 20K KM till date and in exceptional condition.

assuming your car is a diesel variant,I feel your expectation may not be met. 5-5.25L will be more reasonable to expect. please note

1) Not sure but I think the Manza had some refresh/updates in the last 1 yr and the price currently may not be as much as you paid.
2) Top end variants depreciate more than lower variants
3) in the 5-6lakh range, a potential buyer will have so many options of Dzire in the model years from 2010 onwards. typically buyers wont mind paying the same amount for a 2010 Maruti compared to a 2013/2012 Tata

pls keep all these factors in mind before quoting. also look for a private buyer who might value the additional features the aura variant has rather than entertaining buyers who are just looking for any diesel sedan
Old 30th June 2013, 12:26   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I also thought it's a decent price. Will definitely check for those issues and also would need to check for a recall that MM did sometime back for few part replacements.
Just to update you all, I Slept over the decision to buy the used XUV W8. Had made a list of things from the "XUV niggles thread" before going to bed. Woke up in the morning feeling not excited about buying a used XUV. It was pure conflict of mind over heart. Eventually the mind prevailed. So, called up and communicated to the person that I will NOT be going ahead with the buy.

The home ministry (read, my wife) feels that we should buy a new one only. I too feel that probably buying a new Duster or the "to be released" Nissan Terrano would make more sense for the price. Lets see..another day, I might like something else and go ahead with a purchase. For now, it's a no for a cheetah that has done some reasonable running.

Cheers
Old 30th June 2013, 13:29   #7596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Dear All;

For an excellent condition used Manza of your specification Carwale.com is quoting a price of 6.7 Lacs (could not get Gandhidham location, hence I have considered Ahmedabad). Refer the screen shot below. So I think it is reasonable to expect in the range of 6 to 6.2 lacs

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=24202519&vt=2

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-manza-valuation-mar2012.jpg

Edit: I am personally looking for a used Manza in Pune/PCMC areas. Budget is around 4 lacs. In this budget I am hoping to get a 3-4 year old model with about 50K kms on the odo. If anyone is aware of such an offering please do let me know.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 30th June 2013 at 13:34.
Old 30th June 2013, 14:30   #7597
BHPian

How much should one expect for a 2 year old Scorpio SLE modded with alloys and new Yokohama AT S tyres.
Old 30th June 2013, 14:45   #7598
BHPian

What should be the fair price for a 2007 Maruti Zen Estilo, Jaipur registered with 47k on the Odo. True Value dealer's final quote is Rs. 2,00,000 and an additional 5k for the transfer of the vehicle. He is providing 6 months warranty and 3 free services. Car's condition is good. The car will be purchased by my friend and will be his first 4 wheeler.
Please give your inputs.
Old 30th June 2013, 19:08   #7599
BHPian

Can experts please shed some light on what would be a fair price for a used Premier Padmini S1 (Petrol) in Pune/PCMC area in good condition?

I am planning to buy one as a second car.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Old 30th June 2013, 20:39   #7600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
What should be the fair price for a 2007 Maruti Zen Estilo, Jaipur registered with 47k on the Odo. True Value dealer's final quote is Rs. 2,00,000 and an additional 5k for the transfer of the vehicle. He is providing 6 months warranty and 3 free services. Car's condition is good. The car will be purchased by my friend and will be his first 4 wheeler.
Please give your inputs.
I feel its a bit on the higher side which is anyway expected of a TV dealer. This is essentially a 6 yr old petrol car which has a very poor resale value. Hence I would peg the price at around 1.75lakhs. But if your friend is ok with the condition and if this is a top end variant ( you havent mentioned that ), maybe your friend could go ahead given that its his first car and he might be more comfortable picking up one from a dealer with warranty
Old 30th June 2013, 21:26   #7601
BHPian

Looking for a used petrol hatch for a company employee, budget 2 lacs maximum. Saw an ad for Mumbai registered 2008 Alto, 10k kms, Lxi, BS3, no power windows, no music system for 2 lacs. Is this a reasonable price?
Old 30th June 2013, 21:41   #7602
BHPian

Quote:
I feel its a bit on the higher side which is anyway expected of a TV dealer. This is essentially a 6 yr old petrol car which has a very poor resale value. Hence I would peg the price at around 1.75lakhs. But if your friend is ok with the condition and if this is a top end variant ( you havent mentioned that ), maybe your friend could go ahead given that its his first car and he might be more comfortable picking up one from a dealer with warranty
It is surely quite on higher side. I was quoted 1.3 Lacs when I tried to sell my Mar 07 regd Estilo Lxi about an year ago. I managed to sell it for 1.9 lac and did bear the transfer cost (3k). Car had only 1 superficial rubbing and ODO at about 40000 km. Hope it helps.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 23:09   #7603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thanks for the advice and yes it is indeed the top model with all 4 power windows and the condition of the car is pretty good, only the gearbox felt notchy.
Old 30th June 2013, 23:12   #7604
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I'm in a bit of a spot.
I'm looking at a Tucson, 05,and have stretched myself to 4.6.
The owner, however, is unwilling to budge from 4.75.
It has 66k under its belt, and is a great ride. There is slightly low cooling from the AC. The center vent shows 20,while the side vents show 24.
As far as I can tell, the car is brilliant, and suits my needs to a T, as a Diesel mill for my daily 90km commute,and for jaunts across the north.

Should I give in? I ask because I checked carwale pricing, and that comes to about 4l.itook that with a pinch of salt and offered 4.5. He started with 5.25,which was ridiculous.
Also, what should I be keeping a very keen eye out for, if I decide to go for it?
My fng assures me he can take care of the car, but I would still like to have an idea from you as to how service and spares compare to, let's say, my fiesta 1.6?
If this sounds good, lemme know urgently, as I felt the car talk to me, know what I mean?
Old 1st July 2013, 04:07   #7605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Car was kept without being driven for 2 years
That sounds fishy. There could also be a genuine reason but do watch out. There could be very many complications from rust to oil contamination internally. BTW have you driven the car yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks