Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 05:14   #7606
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guys, I'm in a bit of a spot.
I'm looking at a Tucson, 05,and have stretched myself to 4.6.
The owner, however, is unwilling to budge from 4.75.
It has 66k under its belt, and is a great ride. There is slightly low cooling from the AC. The center vent shows 20,while the side vents show 24.
As far as I can tell, the car is brilliant, and suits my needs to a T, as a Diesel mill for my daily 90km commute,and for jaunts across the north.

Should I give in? I ask because I checked carwale pricing, and that comes to about 4l.itook that with a pinch of salt and offered 4.5. He started with 5.25,which was ridiculous.
Also, what should I be keeping a very keen eye out for, if I decide to go for it?
My fng assures me he can take care of the car, but I would still like to have an idea from you as to how service and spares compare to, let's say, my fiesta 1.6?
If this sounds good, lemme know urgently, as I felt the car talk to me, know what I mean?
Offer him 4.7 but tell him to get a comprehensive service done at the Authorized Hyundai service centre with all fluids and everything changed. Get a completemdetailed engine scan done as well for the vehicle. How genuine do you think this 66k kms mileage is?

This vehicle is overall very tough and does not create trouble easily. Things to watch out specifically would be the clutch, which generally deserves a change around 50-60k kms given our horrible start stop traffic. Another thing that might pop is the Turbo charger but that can take place around 80-1000000kms into ownership.

You will find maintenance of a Tucson expensive ish in terms of parts costs but overall the Hyundai people take care of these discontinued vehicles well. You may have to wait for parts at times but they will get it for you.
If however, you are using it as your sole daily driver and have absolutely no other vehicle,then it might be a challenge if things go awry with the Tucson because you might need to wait for a bit before it comes back...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 07:31   #7607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Offer him 4.7 but tell him to get a comprehensive service done at the Authorized Hyundai service centre with all fluids and everything changed. Get a completemdetailed engine scan done as well for the vehicle. How genuine do you think this 66k kms mileage is?

This vehicle is overall very tough and does not create trouble easily. Things to watch out specifically would be the clutch, which generally deserves a change around 50-60k kms given our horrible start stop traffic. Another thing that might pop is the Turbo charger but that can take place around 80-1000000kms into ownership.

You will find maintenance of a Tucson expensive ish in terms of parts costs but overall the Hyundai people take care of these discontinued vehicles well. You may have to wait for parts at times but they will get it for you.
If however, you are using it as your sole daily driver and have absolutely no other vehicle,then it might be a challenge if things go awry with the Tucson because you might need to wait for a bit before it comes back...
Thanks.
I will get all the necessary background from an asc today.
I believe you were also looking at tucs sometime back? Did you get one?

Also, how to ensure that the turbo and clutch and other bits have a long life ahead?

And how would you compare the cost of parts to a Ford?
Old 1st July 2013, 14:54   #7608
Senior - BHPian

Guys how much would a july 06 white Mahindra Scorpio Slx fetch in the used car market. Need to sell ours before the ecosport comes.

Has delhi registration, fancy number 1234, done 99000 kms, is in a good condition, all 4 tyres changed to stock bridgestones at 85 k kms, clutch kit changed recently and every thing works fine, also has an aftermarket pioneer hu.

What should i expect? Heard the scorpio has good resale value.
Old 1st July 2013, 15:16   #7609
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
That sounds fishy. There could also be a genuine reason but do watch out. There could be very many complications from rust to oil contamination internally. BTW have you driven the car yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
You also need to check if 2 yrs of non-usage is due to any specific reason and have the car inspected thoroughly. Pls use this as a pt of negotiation as well. What's the seller quoting?
This is the car I sold to the present owner 2 years back.
From what I understood, the gentleman (who had just returned from USA) resigned from his job and he did not require the car anymore, and from the day he purchased it from me, he has been trying to sell it!! I could also see that he was not comfortable driving here in India.
Yes I think the problems raising from keeping the car idle would be there. I am also not sure if the car got involved in some accident which discouraged him to use it further.
He has not made any offer and I am also not too serious about buying it back but I just wanted to get an idea. I agree that whoever buys it needs to get it inspected thoroughly and get a quotation to fix the issues so that that can be factored in the deal.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 19:48   #7610
BHPian

Hey,

I'm looking at buying a used Mitsubishi Outlander, how much do you think I should get one for ?

Last edited by SiddVish : 1st July 2013 at 19:48. Reason: added manufacturer name
Old 1st July 2013, 22:23   #7611
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a Premier Padmini S1 (Petrol) in reasonably good condition in Pune.

Any words of advice on what would be a fair price to be paid for such a vehicle?

I would be most helpful for any help provided.
Old 1st July 2013, 23:18   #7612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guys, I'm in a bit of a spot.
I'm looking at a Tucson, 05,and have stretched myself to 4.6.
The owner, however, is unwilling to budge from 4.75.
It has 66k under its belt, and is a great ride. There is slightly low cooling from the AC. The center vent shows 20,while the side vents show 24.
As far as I can tell, the car is brilliant, and suits my needs to a T, as a Diesel mill for my daily 90km commute,and for jaunts across the north.

Should I give in? I ask because I checked carwale pricing, and that comes to about 4l.itook that with a pinch of salt and offered 4.5. He started with 5.25,which was ridiculous.
Also, what should I be keeping a very keen eye out for, if I decide to go for it?
My fng assures me he can take care of the car, but I would still like to have an idea from you as to how service and spares compare to, let's say, my fiesta 1.6?
If this sounds good, lemme know urgently, as I felt the car talk to me, know what I mean?
We (my father and I) were also on the look out for a used Tucson way back in 2008. As far as I know, it is a brilliant machine and there are no known problems specific to the car as such. Since we have never owned a diesel, I will not be able to help with what you ought to look out for, but do as Mr. Balan has already pointed out, check out the clutch plates as a novice driver tends to wear them out around this stage considering our Indian conditions. Have the car checked out by a trusty mechanic and an authorized Hyundai dealership to find out about whether the odo reading is tampered with, whether there are any other issues and you can also ask them about the price of parts. While it is a discontinued model and it was never popular even when it sold, prices in my opinion will not be higher than what you have come to expect with your Fiesta. You will however have to wait a little for certain parts, not because of unavailability, but because they will not be readily stocked everywhere. Keeping all that in mind, and if the car is in good condition, then go for it, give in since it is pretty rare and you might not find another one to your liking. Do a sort of not yours not mine deal and try getting it mid-way.

All in all, if everything is alright, it is a pretty sensible buy. One of the few Korean cars I like. A fairly tough one at that too.

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Hey,

I'm looking at buying a used Mitsubishi Outlander, how much do you think I should get one for ?
Prices will be high in B'lore. A pre facelifted version with around 60000kms on the clock, will go for around 8-10 lacs and the facelifted version for about 12-14 lacs. Not a very sensible buy at those prices that owners tend to quote for such rare cars. If you wait for a month or so, and let the fact that it is now discontinued, sink into people's heads, perhaps prices might come down a little

Note to Mods: Is it possible to have this merged with my previous post?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd July 2013 at 08:31.
Old 2nd July 2013, 04:23   #7613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is the car I sold to the present owner 2 years back.
From what I understood, the gentleman (who had just returned from USA) resigned from his job and he did not require the car anymore, and from the day he purchased it from me, he has been trying to sell it!! I could also see that he was not comfortable driving here in India.
Yes I think the problems raising from keeping the car idle would be there. I am also not sure if the car got involved in some accident which discouraged him to use it further.
He has not made any offer and I am also not too serious about buying it back but I just wanted to get an idea. I agree that whoever buys it needs to get it inspected thoroughly and get a quotation to fix the issues so that that can be factored in the deal.
I am sure this will help the prospect to make a decision. It is so nice of you to volunteer and provide such details.
Old 2nd July 2013, 04:36   #7614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a Premier Padmini S1 (Petrol) in reasonably good condition in Pune.

Any words of advice on what would be a fair price to be paid for such a vehicle?

I would be most helpful for any help provided.
If you find one,you should negotiate the rate on a Per Kilo Basis
On a serious note,S1's may be hard to come by,but anything around 20K should be a decent price for one in running condition.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:07   #7615
Senior - BHPian

For Padmini, I think you should pay the Kurla Market a Visit. Lots of specimens available there, but I doubt you will find one is good running condition.

If I get one in decent running condition for 20K (or 25K), I will buy it too
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:22   #7616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Hey,

I see few of them listed on carwale, ranging from 11+ lacs (2009 ish, with 50k+ kms) to 14+ (low milage, facelifted model). But now with the Outlander being stopped, there would be further depreciation.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:24   #7617
BHPian

Thanks a lot akshay4587 & 2000rpm.

Petrol engined versions seem to be a rare breed. The few ads I see on the interweb are quoting extremely high prices > 70 K. I am on the lookout for a car in the Pune area but may visit Bombay soon (2000rpm - shall team up with you before visiting Kurla).
Old 2nd July 2013, 17:46   #7618
BHPian

Friends,

I am looking for used cars in the Bangalore market with budget cap of 4Lakhs.
I have shortlisted:
Ritz VXI Silver 11000kms 2011 model - for 3.9L
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI ABS Diamond White 24000kms 2009 model - for 3.85L
Both are final rates after negotiations and need to confirm by today.
Both are individual sellers and good track record.

My heart says Ford Fiesta due to the 1.6 engine and fun to drive.
Mind says Ritz. I plan to keep one of these cars for next 4yrs.
Will Ford Fiesta loose its presence due to new Fiesta getting released?
My usage is 60% City/40% Highway.

Please advice.
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:51   #7619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Ritz VXI Silver 11000kms 2011 model - for 3.9L. Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI ABS Diamond White 24000kms 2009 model - for 3.85L
Hello Blackstallion76,

If you are not concerned about lower mileage, I will suggest to go for Ford Fiesta 1.5 SXI ABS. The drive quality of Fiesta is miles ahead of Ritz & you will have a pleasure of driving a full sedan, specially the boot space.

Thanks,
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:03   #7620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Prices will be high in B'lore. A pre facelifted version with around 60000kms on the clock, will go for around 8-10 lacs and the facelifted version for about 12-14 lacs. Not a very sensible buy at those prices that owners tend to quote for such rare cars. If you wait for a month or so, and let the fact that it is now discontinued, sink into people's heads, perhaps prices might come down a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I see few of them listed on carwale, ranging from 11+ lacs (2009 ish, with 50k+ kms) to 14+ (low milage, facelifted model). But now with the Outlander being stopped, there would be further depreciation.
Yea, you're right. I'm trying to get one for around 10L. lets see how lucky I get :P

So far I found one pre facelift 09 car with 40k on the odo at an asking price of 12.95L. Seems well maintained buy considering today's market situation I'm sure I can do better.

Last edited by SiddVish : 2nd July 2013 at 21:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks