Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 13:16   #7846
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Service and spare parts are not a problem for me as my mechanic knows his way around the Octavia, so whichever car my relative ends up buying, it'll never have to see a Skoda workshop again
That seals it. You have to be worried only about the ASC, and since the complete history is available, you know what parts have been changed(and what needs to be).

It is very rare to find a properly taken care high mileage diesel and your deal sounds to be genuine.

Most used car buyers will be put off because of the high mileage, so rant about high maintenance costs and haggle for the best deal.

IIRC, the 1.9 tdi is one of the most reliable engine from the VW stable and can live for some lakh kms more.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 13:34   #7847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Just by a test drive you will not get a sense for what might go wrong. So try to strike that deal below 3.75L and if you have cash to spare then keep it for future part replacements because you will need that money for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
That seals it. You have to be worried only about the ASC, and since the complete history is available, you know what parts have been changed(and what needs to be).

IIRC, the 1.9 tdi is one of the most reliable engine from the VW stable and can live for some lakh kms more.
Cesc, ramzsys Your inputs are much appreciated thanks ! Will hold a final talk with the owner this week and will test my negotiations skills
Old 30th July 2013, 13:50   #7848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Whats the odo on the Fiesta? Surely will be lesser than the City (assuming being of later year). The maintenance costs of both the vehicles are at par with each other.

IMO Fiesta scores over the handling and better ride quality. Titanium being the top end will be loaded too. Take a test drive and compare them back to back.

BTW are the sellers individuals or dealers?
Thanks a lot.

Fiesta has done only 12000 Kmts. But we have very few fiestas to be seen in Kochi were Fiats are far more common (than bangalore). Both are indiviaduals not used car dealers, however I got to know about the city through a broker. Is it worth to pay 5.1 for 2009 Sept City ? Will it run trouble free for another 35-40K kmts? I plan to keep it with me for next couple of years at least.

Regards,
Rafi
Old 30th July 2013, 13:55   #7849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Both are indiviaduals not used car dealers, however I got to know about the city through a broker. Is it worth to pay 5.1 for 2009 Sept City ? Will it run trouble free for another 35-40K kmts?
I am not very good at analysing the price. Best would be to get the City checked by a trusted mechanic. Parallely try to get the service history of the City from the Honda workshop where the car used to get serviced. I hope you have test driven the car to get the initial acceptance for buying it. If in doubt drive the car again.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:07   #7850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I bet you won't get wrong with the City & it is almost on the verge of VFM price for the V MT in your state (after going through few of above posts re Kerala pricing). However, you can try reduce price to Rs.5 lacs if you bargain hard.

Re the Fiesta, the handling is much better than the City, but are there any Fiestas on road, I see more of Lineas than the (new) Fiesta even in NCR. Better avoid it as its resale & service costs could be terrible as compared to the City.
Thanks a lot.

As you rightly said there are far more Lineas in Kochi than the new Fiesta. In our Office car park which can accomadate more than 500 cars I have seen only one new fiesta (classics are in plenty) whereas I get to see more than 25 FIATs.
Even I'm in favor of the city. There are many 2010-11 Citys available but everything is priced above 6.5 which is above my budget at the moment. Will the City be relativelt trouble free for another 2-2.5 years and 35K to 40 Kmts ?

Regads,
Rafi
Old 30th July 2013, 14:15   #7851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Thanks a lot.

As you rightly said there are far more Lineas in Kochi than the new Fiesta. In our Office car park which can accomadate more than 500 cars I have seen only one new fiesta (classics are in plenty) whereas I get to see more than 25 FIATs.
Even I'm in favor of the city. There are many 2010-11 Citys available but everything is priced above 6.5 which is above my budget at the moment. Will the City be relativelt trouble free for another 2-2.5 years and 35K to 40 Kmts ?

Regads,
Rafi
IMO failure rates of Japs is lowest (& Honda is best amongst the Japs) followed by Korean (Hyundai) & then the Fords & Europeans. If you get the car thoroughly checked, & also refer service records, the City should easily sail past another 40k without a sweat. This could be the best bet for the price you are getting & still fetch (despite you being second owner) more than 50% of what you pay for this now after 2-3 years.
Old 30th July 2013, 15:48   #7852
BHPian

Folks, what would be a fair price for a (supposedly) well kept Fiesta 1.6 petrol Exi, July2010 model run approx 15K KM's? It's available in the NCR region.

Anything specific that needs to be checked for this vehicle?
Old 30th July 2013, 15:53   #7853
Senior - BHPian

@All

What would be a fair price for a 2009 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol which has run around 34k kms in Delhi? Pretty well maintained.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:42   #7854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What would be a fair price for a 2009 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol which has run around 34k kms in Delhi? Pretty well maintained.
Hello,

You have not mentioned the model of the car, i.e. Active, Dynamic or Emotion.

Anyways in general the fair price for 2009 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol with 34,000 kms on ODO will be approx Rs. 2.4 lacs to Rs. 2.7 lacs, depending on the condition of the car & the model.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 18:25   #7855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

You have not mentioned the model of the car, i.e. Active, Dynamic or Emotion.

Anyways in general the fair price for 2009 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol with 34,000 kms on ODO will be approx Rs. 2.4 lacs to Rs. 2.7 lacs, depending on the condition of the car & the model.

Thanks,
It is Emotion Pack. The top end variant.

Thank you for the estimate. At what price can I buy a 1.3 diesel Grande Punto emotion pack? Not more than 40k on the odo.

Who is the right party to approach for such deals? Is Martin true value/ mahindra any good?
Old 30th July 2013, 18:51   #7856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thank you for the estimate. At what price can I buy a 1.3 diesel Grande Punto emotion pack? Not more than 40k on the odo. Who is the right party to approach for such deals? Is Martin true value/ mahindra any good?
Hello,

Since you already have 2009 Fiat Grande Punto Petrol Emotion Pack, the diesel variant of the same year (2009) / level (Emotion park) will cost approx Rs. 1 lac to Rs. 1.2 more than the selling price of your car. But frankly speaking used Deisel car with genuine less than 40,000 kms (in 3 / 4 years) on ODO will be hard to find.

Buying a car from True value & others will give you peace of mind, but still you are buying a used car & some issues may or may not crop in future. I will suggest to look for Swift / Swift Dzire if you are looking for good used diesel cars.

Thanks,
Old 30th July 2013, 19:00   #7857
BHPian

I am looking for a used petrol car for my wife for office commute in Bangalore and have shortlisted the following cars:

1. 2011 July Chevy Beat LT (Grey color) - first owner with ~12500 kms on the odo. Asking price ~INR 350,000. (One year OEM warranty is still left). Reverse parking assist with camera is installed. The car requires an extensive interior shampoo / clean as it is messy in its present state.

2. 2010 July Hyundai i20 Sportz (white) - first owner with ~38000 kms. Asking price ~INR 400,000. Car has new Michelin alloys which have done 10k kms only. Car is immaculately maintained.

Both cars are quite clean on the outside with minor scratches.

The car will be used largely for city use in Bangalore in heavy traffic with ~25-28 kms of daily usage. The Beat LT version comes loaded with climate control, all power windows etc, all of which are available on the i20. It however misses the Driver Airbag and ABS as well as the extra room that the i20 offers.

However, given the usage of 25+ kms in heavy city traffic, I am inclined to go for the Beat as it gives much better mileage than the i20. Also, I was not impressed with the i20's 2nd gear which appeared quite dead. Based on T-BHP reviews, it appears to be a generic issue with the car and not specific to the one I drove.

Are the above prices reasonable? Am going to get the cars checked with my mechanic for any issues before I finalize. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 30th July 2013, 23:40   #7858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
I am looking for a used petrol car for my wife for office commute in Bangalore and have shortlisted the following cars:

1. 2011 July Chevy Beat LT (Grey color) - first owner with ~12500 kms on the odo. Asking price ~INR 350,000. (One year OEM warranty is still left). Reverse parking assist with camera is installed. The car requires an extensive interior shampoo / clean as it is messy in its present state.

2. 2010 July Hyundai i20 Sportz (white) - first owner with ~38000 kms. Asking price ~INR 400,000. Car has new Michelin alloys which have done 10k kms only. Car is immaculately maintained.

Both cars are quite clean on the outside with minor scratches.

The car will be used largely for city use in Bangalore in heavy traffic with ~25-28 kms of daily usage. The Beat LT version comes loaded with climate control, all power windows etc, all of which are available on the i20. It however misses the Driver Airbag and ABS as well as the extra room that the i20 offers.

However, given the usage of 25+ kms in heavy city traffic, I am inclined to go for the Beat as it gives much better mileage than the i20. Also, I was not impressed with the i20's 2nd gear which appeared quite dead. Based on T-BHP reviews, it appears to be a generic issue with the car and not specific to the one I drove.

Are the above prices reasonable? Am going to get the cars checked with my mechanic for any issues before I finalize. Any suggestions are welcome.
Hi,

At that price of approx 4L why not look for newer cars? Eon, alto etc. I guess with on going offers on most cars you may be able to get a deal on ritz, spark, wagon r etc. All are pretty good petrol motors with good engines and ideal city cars giving decent kmpl.

Just a few suggestions from my side. All info source : carwale.com

Alto
VXi**»998cc |Petrol| Manual| 20.2 kplAvg Ex-Showroom Price:*Rs. 3.48 lac(s)

Wagon R
LXi**»998cc |Petrol| Manual| 20.5 kplAvg Ex-Showroom Price:*Rs. 4.01 lac(s)

Hyundai EON
Magna +**»814cc |Petrol| Manual| 21.1 kplAvg Ex-Showroom Price:*Rs. 3.65 lac(s)

Chevrolet Spark
LT 1.0**»995cc |Petrol| Manual| 18 kplAvg Ex-Showroom Price:*Rs. 3.95 lac(s)

Hyundai i10
D-Lite 1.1 iRDE2**»1086cc |Petrol| Manual| 19.81 kplAvg Ex-Showroom Price:*Rs. 3.82 lac(s)

Just my opinion.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 30th July 2013 at 23:51.
Old 31st July 2013, 07:18   #7859
Team-BHP Support

Guys, what would be the resale value for my car now, if I were to sell it? I have relocated to Bangalore, and hence considering the various options.

Car: FIAT Punto 90 hp.
Colour: Bossa Nova White.
Made: Jan 2012. Bought: March 2012.
Mileage: 45,000 kms.

Condition: Excellent IMHO. New set of tyres will go in this month. Full life documented in team bhp, full service history, along with a dozen 3M bills.

Extras:
1.RD dual channel worth MRP 26k. (Better to sell separately?)
2. Music system upgrade worth 50k. Stock head unit, blue&me retained.

Place of sale: Chennai.
OTR when bought: 7.94 L.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st July 2013 at 07:25.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:47   #7860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Folks, what would be a fair price for a (supposedly) well kept Fiesta 1.6 petrol Exi, July2010 model run approx 15K KM's? It's available in the NCR region.

Anything specific that needs to be checked for this vehicle?
Hello AVI,
First of all, check full service history. 15K's in 3 yrs seems low but to be fair, not unbelievable. Nevertheless,do check for odo tampering.
A VFM price will be around 2.75L, max 3L.
BTW, how much is seller quoting?
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
1. 2011 July Chevy Beat LT (Grey color) - first owner with ~12500 kms on the odo.
2. 2010 July Hyundai i20 Sportz (white) - first owner with ~38000 kms.

Hello AA,
Between the i20 & Beat, I will suggest you the i20 because, it has ABS & Airbags.The 50K's extra spent on the i20 is well worth the money. Remember safety should never be optional

So my vote goes for the i20.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Car: FIAT Punto 90 hp.
Colour: Bossa Nova White.
Made: Jan 2012. Bought: March 2012.
Mileage: 45,000 kms.
Hello CD,
My first suggestion will be - "Dont sell your car."
It's a car that you've taken good care of. I see no reason for you to sell. If you do decide to sell I guess you should get around 6-6.5L for it. Try selling the RD box separately.
Try finding a Fiat lover for your car, that way he will appreciate the care you've taken & will be willing to pay a better price.

Regards,
Varun.

Last edited by powertrain : 31st July 2013 at 10:55.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks