Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 13:38   #8071
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Anything good that can be within 1 lac
Hello M,
If you budget is strictly within 1L, then you can find Esteem's & Accent at that price. For around 1.25L or thereabouts you can get a Baleno.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 13:57   #8072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Well, the car is to be for city use mostly on weekends and to be retained for coming two-three years max so do not wish to spend more. Anything good that can be within 1 lac
Hello Metropolis,

For used car budget less than Rs. 1 lac, I will simply suggest to stick to 2003 / 2004 WagonR or Santro. There are trouble free, relatively cheap cars to maintain & ideal for city traffic conditions. They also have a decent boot space to fill in a family's shopping bags.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 13:58   #8073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello M,
If you budget is strictly within 1L, then you can find Esteem's & Accent at that price. For around 1.25L or thereabouts you can get a Baleno.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks mate for the info

No offence however i don't like Esteem/ Baleno

Btw what mileage an accent should come with that price range ?

Will buying an Ikon is too risky? Somehow love that piece of machine
Old 10th September 2013, 14:07   #8074
BHPian

Was looking for a E Class for my dad for a long time, though he is reluctant to have one. I have come across an exceptionally well maintained owner driven 2004 Silver E 200K manual done only 27000, with full service history at MBASS. This is in Bangalore where the expectations are always high, its true in case of this car too, way too high at 12.5 L. What can I offer him?
What say guys.
Old 10th September 2013, 14:17   #8075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Metropolis,

For used car budget less than Rs. 1 lac, I will simply suggest to stick to 2003 / 2004 WagonR or Santro. There are trouble free, relatively cheap cars to maintain & ideal for city traffic conditions. They also have a decent boot space to fill in a family's shopping bags.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh

Those are hard to find here somehow as being "most wanted"
Old 10th September 2013, 20:45   #8076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Was looking for a E Class for my dad for a long time, though he is reluctant to have one. I have come across an exceptionally well maintained owner driven 2004 Silver E 200K manual done only 27000, with full service history at MBASS. This is in Bangalore where the expectations are always high, its true in case of this car too, way too high at 12.5 L. What can I offer him?
What say guys.
Don't bother to respond guys the car was dud.
Old 10th September 2013, 21:02   #8077
BHPian

My friend recently picked a Sonata Embera crdi, done 80k kms, from Hyundai Advantage, the variant with leather seats and mag wheels for 5.4 Lakhs, included in the price is an extended warranty cover for 12 months.
We got to know from our circle that the first owner had sold the car to the Advantage guys for 5 Lakhs.
Details on the car:
Purchase Date: 27th July 2013.
Registration Date: July 2008.
Manufacture Date: July 2007.
Place: Goa.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 10th September 2013 at 21:03.
Old 10th September 2013, 21:29   #8078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
My friend recently picked a Sonata Embera crdi, done 80k kms, from Hyundai Advantage, the variant with leather seats and mag wheels for 5.4 Lakhs, included in the price is an extended warranty cover for 12 months.
We got to know from our circle that the first owner had sold the car to the Advantage guys for 5 Lakhs.
Details on the car:
Purchase Date: 27th July 2013.
Registration Date: July 2008.
Manufacture Date: July 2007.
Place: Goa.
Good price and comes with full peace of mind. Outside, this may retail for 4.8 to 5, without warranty. Therefore, it's a good deal.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 09:20   #8079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Don't bother to respond guys the car was dud.
To help fellow BHPians, you may want to explain how you figured out that the car was a dud. As you sounded so confident of the car in your earlier post, it truly surprised me!
Old 11th September 2013, 12:57   #8080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
To help fellow BHPians, you may want to explain how you figured out that the car was a dud. As you sounded so confident of the car in your earlier post, it truly surprised me!
This is a perfect example of wrong info and ignorant sellers. This guy does not talk directly and directs the call to his secretory, and when I take info asking specifically all details she tells me its a E 200K, but turned out to be a C 200K, wasted 2 hrs going there to see the car, well maintained it was. But how cruelly hilarious can one be expecting 12.5 L for a 2004 C 200K, just takes away your appetite of buying a car period.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 17:35   #8081

This is for a friend:

He is seeing a used Nissan X-trial 2006 SLX-MT which has run 94k kms and is put on sale for 7.25 L which I know is exorbitant since its Bangalore.

So the questions are :
1.If every thing goes well what would be a good price for it.

2. What are the known things to check in Nissan X-trial apart from turbo specially while buying pre-owned.

3.I guess X-trial comes with timing chain which holds good till 200K. Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. I am a rookie in SUVs/crossovers.

4.I know its a CBU and the servicing costs would be high but how high is my question .Any owners experience would be great.

5. How are Bangalore Nissan (Shahwar & electronic city) service centers if anyone has any experiences to share (maybe with other vehicles as well).
We enquired about some general wear & tear parts which were available but specific parts need ordering.

6. Anything specific that you would like to highlight with respect to this vehicle.

My friend's requirements are
1.4X4 (go anywhere soft-roader specially North and N.E. hills)
2.Diesel
3.Safety (ABS & Airbags)
4.budget around 6 lakhs

The biggest worry would be the maintenance and small service center network but he is keen to take the risk since Japanese Diesel CBUs hold up pretty well and Nissan has a good pedigree in off-roads with Jonga/Patrol.
Old 11th September 2013, 21:00   #8082
BHPian

Irrespective of which brand, I would stay away from a 90k run vehicle anyday. If your friend plans to use it for long time, I meant more than 4 years, then it may not be wise.
Buying cars like X-trial, pajero, montero or similar ones, in used car market is a big gamble. And 6lacs is a big amount to gamble with. Plus the unknown cost of maintenence.

I would rather pick a 4x4 Scorpio which fits all 4 requirements of your friend and may get a low run one as well. Though Scorpio isn't in the same class,...

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th September 2013 at 11:15.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 21:16   #8083
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

need some help. am in the market for a used sedan (toss up between civic and altis) in mumbai. have been offered a 35k done civic first hand 2007 smt at 4.5L and an oct 08 altis 1.8G 40k km at 6.1, reduced to 5.8 over the phone itself. both are certified cars( from a prominent website), being sold by different dealers. have not seen any of the two yet. btw, the corolla also is a petrol. just to muddy the waters further, got an offer for a city VAT today 20k km at 5.75L. any suggestions towards the reasonableness of the prices asked? is the price about par for the cars?
Old 12th September 2013, 00:08   #8084
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

How much should I pay for a well maintained November 2010 Civic V A/T which has run 25k kms in Mumbai?
Old 12th September 2013, 12:10   #8085
BHPian

I have picked up a feb 2009 VW Jetta for 7 lacs. Base diesel variant but has decent kit with 8 airbags and traction control.It has run 38000 Kms, Parsi owned and with full service history at downtown mumbai. Changed the tyres for about 35k and did a major service for 18k. The car is in good condition now but I guess the suspensions needs some work. The car is not as stable at speeds above 120 as it should be and the suspensions make noise while going over potholes. Need suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks