Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 21:15   #8101
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi guys,

How much should I pay for a well maintained November 2010 Civic V A/T which has run 25k kms in Mumbai?
You will be quoted 7.5 to 8.00. Expect to close at 7.00 to 7.25 max for a clean example as a fair deal to both parties.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 11:42   #8102
BHPian

How good and genuine does the following sound? A friend is interested. He was thinking of going for Storme LX

Quote:
Rs.8.99 Lacs Only !! For Classy 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Automatic Car ! 1st Owner

Make:MitsubishiModel:OutlanderMileage:55,674 KmsType of car:Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)Condition:Used

Just Rs.8,99,000/- ONLY !!! ( Rupees Eight Lacs Ninety Nine thousand Only !!! )

New One is for over 26.5 lacs !!! , for a Banker's Carefully Driven and Lovingly Kept Classy NEWLIKE 2010 MITSUBUSHI OUTLANDER SUV Run only 55456 Kms !!! ( Yes thats GENUINE MILEAGE WITH RECORD OF DEALER ) for SPOT SALE !!!! ( Kindly have a look at the Photos Attached to understand HOW REALLY Good the car is !!! )

Its a 1st Owner Car ! with the famous award winning mitsubishi Engine of the Outlander / Pajero Range In India !
Its a Fully Loaded Car with :-
Smoooth Power Steering,Smooth Fully Functional FOUR Power Windows, Central Locking with COMPANY REMOTE
Power Mirrors - LEFT and RIGHT ! ( Also FOLDABLE ), Original Leather Black / Grey Interiors, Mitsubishi's Original DVD Music System with 8 speakers and Remote ! Chiiiiiiling Ac, BRAND NEW Tubleless tyres, BRAND NEW Battery, Tinted Glasses, Black Stanley Leather Seats, Metallic Silver Colour, ABS, AIR BAGS, Front FOG LIGHTS, Mag Alloy Wheels
FRONT POWERFUL XENON LIGHTS
4WD and 2WD Option !!!
Paddle Shift AUTOMATIC Gears !

in Absolutelty SHOWROOM Like(ZERO DEFECT) Condition for SPOT SALE. Car has ZERO WORK IN IT NOW !! Mumbai Registration. 1st Owner. Fully Insured till 2014 ( The Insurance has a No CLAIM BONUS - Proof that the Car is Accident FREE ! ) All the One Time Taxes is Paid for LifE ! All the Glasses are ORIGINAL and All the SEALS on the DOORS are INTACT (Proof that Car is Accident Free ! ) Car gives EXCELLENT FUEL AVERAGE too... over 11.2 Kms/Ltr in City and Over 14.8 Kms/Ltr on the Expressway !!!!

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 14th September 2013 at 11:46. Reason: too long a post, edited to make it short
Old 14th September 2013, 12:17   #8103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
How good and genuine does the following sound? A friend is interested. He was thinking of going for Storme LX
Hello SS,
Looking at the ad, I feel that the seller is trying a little too eager to sell. And that is a bit of an issue. As far as price is concerned, pertol SUV don't have high resale values & more so because it's a Mitsu, I feel that the price is more or less OK.
As always it's better to be cautious but have an open mind when you check out the car. Check full service history.

Regards,
Varun
Old 14th September 2013, 12:25   #8104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Solid hardsell here!
However the vehicle is an excellent one if you can live with its petrol guzzling traits and Mitsubishi's lack of quality service presence.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:18   #8105
BHPian

Quote:
Hello SS,
Looking at the ad, I feel that the seller is trying a little too eager to sell. And that is a bit of an issue. As far as price is concerned, pertol SUV don't have high resale values & more so because it's a Mitsu, I feel that the price is more or less OK.
As always it's better to be cautious but have an open mind when you check out the car. Check full service history.

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Solid hardsell here!
However the vehicle is an excellent one if you can live with its petrol guzzling traits and Mitsubishi's lack of quality service presence
Shankar and Varun thanks for a quick reply.

Funny part is that my friend wasn't knowing that it was a petrol vehicle. Anyways being a seaman he is home for not more than 6 months a year and hence his driving his hardly 10000 km so can put up with petrol SUV. What is realistic mileage of this vehicle.
Is good Mitsubishi service so rare?
Basis good assessment he is thinking of offering 6-7 lacs. Any advices?
Old 14th September 2013, 18:20   #8106
BHPian

Bangalore advice for a friend

Car: Hyundai i10 1.1 era sept 2008
Comprehensive insurance..50% ncb
Got car inspected by Hyundai A.S.S., everything perfect, doesnt even need a service. gear oil,brake oil, brake pads etc were changed at scheduled 30 k service.
32000 kms done
new battery will B&W
Well maintained known car
Single owner

What should be fair price?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 14th September 2013 at 18:22.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:33   #8107
BHPian

For a friend, he is looking at 2 options in Bangalore.

1. Fiesta 1.6 S, 2009, asking price 4 Lakhs, ~40k driven, single owner
2. Linea Emotion, 2009, asking price 3.8 Lakhs, ~35k driven

Which is a better option - in terms of reliability and driving experience.

And what price should be paid for these?
Old 15th September 2013, 23:36   #8108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Bangalore advice for a friend

Car: Hyundai i10 1.1 era sept 2008
Hello VV,
I personally think your friend should not miss this car because it has 50% NCB & has done just 32K's. Since it's the base model, I presume a VFM price to be around 2.5L.

BTW, how much is the seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post

1. Fiesta 1.6 S, 2009, asking price 4 Lakhs, ~40k driven, single owner
2. Linea Emotion, 2009, asking price 3.8 Lakhs, ~35k driven
Hello ST,
Between the two, I personally will recommend the Fiesta S. Although both cars are pretty much even when it comes to reliability, you cant find a better driving machine than the S. In 2009, the Linea came with the dud 1.4L NA engine which was no match when compared to the 100 horses of the S. Also the S had a stiffer suspension setup than the regular 1.6, so handling was a notch above.
But when it comes to ride quality, the Linea is the best. So take your pick.

A VFM price for the S should be around 3.5-3.6L.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 00:06   #8109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
, I personally will recommend the Fiesta S. you cant find a better driving machine than the S., the Linea was no match when compared to the 100 horses of the S. Also the S had a stiffer suspension setup than the regular 1.6, so handling was a notch above.A VFM price for the S should be around 3.5-3.6L.n
I agree wholeheartedly with all comments above except that I feel that the S is a superb deal at 4 L. And its not easy to get your hands on an 'S' these days. I think you should take a test drive and if you find the engine smooth and the car in good shape you should pounce on it before someone less deserving gets hold of it.
In fact a friend is looking for a good "S.''
Old 16th September 2013, 11:49   #8110
BHPian

What should i get for the following

Model: Tata Sumo Grande GX - Top End model

Colour: Sunset Orange

Purchased: August 2008

Kms: 52K

Servicing: Done at regular intervals with a known garage to us and not TATA A.S.S

The vehicle was meant for my grandfather who was chauffered around.

We were about to sell the vehicle in March 2013 for which we got an offer for Rs 3.35 Lacs but unfortunately my grandfather passed away before we could finalise the deal.

Hence my father decided to keep the it for sometime.

Now post all rituals done, we have decided to sell this vehicle and buy a new sedan/hatch.

Can i expect the same value now or at-least Rs 3.00 Lacs ?

Last edited by driving_smartly : 16th September 2013 at 11:50.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:30   #8111

Hi Team,
One of my friends is offered a 2011 Honda Jazz select. I need your help in guiding us for the best price to pay for the same.

Vehicle : Honda Jazz select (pre refresh version)
Month of manufacture : Jan 2011
Month Purchased : Feb 2011
Odometer : 28000 kms (approx)
The vehicle is in great condition for a 2.5 years old car. The current owner is the car's first owner.

Appreciate your help.
Old 16th September 2013, 20:55   #8112
BHPian

Hi Team,

What will the price of Reva electric car in Delhi with the following details

2008 Model second owner
silver color( Originally it was Red colour and Second owner has converted it to silver )
not even a single scratch,
brand new tyres, with alloys,
top model, with defogger, a.c
Brand new batteries installed about 2 months ago ,
Batteries cost - 98000,
3 years warranty of batteries with warranty card
and the life of batteries is around 5-6 years
the car is totally new, don't have to spend even a single rupee on it
mileage is about 80kms on a charge (with ac)

and also

Need your expertise advice on the following query, I am planning to buy this Electric car from Delhi to Bangalore. Can anyone advice as do we have any third party inspection company to certify the vehicle and also what all the mandatory things to check in the electric car apart from battery ( Seller claimed battery is very new and he will produce the copy of the same) .
Old 17th September 2013, 10:01   #8113

User Mercedes C Class CGI 200

Hello all.

I am considering the purchase of a 2011 (July) C Class CGI 200 with 40K on the odo . The asking price for the same is 21L in Pune.

I am buying this through the 'proven exclusivity' pre owned car program from Mercedes Benz. The dealer is including the 40K maintenance + an extended 4th year warranty and insurance + transfer charges in this price. So here are my questions

1) Would this be a good buy ? Is the 'proven exclusivity' of repute ?
2) Would i be better off buying it from an individual after getting the history checked. ?
3) What would be the avg yearly regular maintenance charges ?
4) The carwale used car valuation shows the asking price to be in the 20~21 L range for 'good' condition cars. Is it to be believed ?

The car is being purchased entirely for driving pleasure.I have done some test drives of other cars in the same segment (3 series, a4 etc) but i prefer luxury over performance hence the C-Class.

--TheGrid
Old 17th September 2013, 12:17   #8114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnashokkumar View Post
Honda Jazz select (pre refresh version). Jan 2011. Month Purchased : Feb 2011. Odometer : 28000 kms (approx).
The vehicle is in great condition for a 2.5 years old car.
Hello,

Your friend offer Rs. Rs. 4.3 to 4.5 lacs for Feb 2011 Honda Jazz Select with 28,000 kms on ODO. Since the car is in real good condition, he can exten the offer price upto Rs. 4.7 lacs.

But frankly speaking he can buy a new hatchback Car with Rs. 5 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 12:17   #8115
Distinguished - BHPian

How much can I expect for Toyota Innova, 2.5G, 2006 model, with odo @ 1.2L kms, car is in mint condition with new autofoam seat covers, new Hijoin alloys from Sai mag wheels, new Alpine music system just installed last year, 3D start car mats, aftermarket fog lamps. I am the second owner.
And yes regularly serviced at Toyota, Delhi.

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th September 2013 at 12:18.

Most Viewed