Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 20:04   #8161
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Vehicle: Toyota Innova
Year: 2006
Model: 2.5 G2 8 seater
Odo: 1.12L kms.
What is a realistic price point I am looking at?
You can expect 5.2 to 5.4L for your 2006 Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Folks,

I have Santro Xing XO 2005 [Dec] model.

How much can i expect for this car?
You can expect between 1.4 to 1.5 L

Last edited by djay99 : 24th September 2013 at 20:07.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 21:35   #8162
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI, 2010 Model, single owner (Company to Person transferred-2 owners on paper), 13K kms run - Car look super clean and nice, final price after negotiation is 3.65lks.

Is this a fair price to pay for a Ford petrol car in Bangalore?
Old 24th September 2013, 22:23   #8163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI, 2010 Model, single owner (Company to Person transferred-2 owners on paper), 13K kms run - Car look super clean and nice, final price after negotiation is 3.65lks.

Is this a fair price to pay for a Ford petrol car in Bangalore?
I think that's a fair price even for Delhi. But be very careful to check the aircon, power steering , and the cooling system
Old 25th September 2013, 07:55   #8164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I think that's a fair price even for Delhi. But be very careful to check the aircon, power steering , and the cooling system
Why ? are these the usual problem areas ? Anyway I can figure out easily if there are any problems with these ? And it is a ZXI car (not SXI as mentioned before).

Last edited by singleton : 25th September 2013 at 07:56.
Old 25th September 2013, 12:36   #8165

This is again for the same friend. (his membership has not been approved yet)
So he is seeing a doctor owned 2006 August CRV 2.4 MT which ran 78000 kms. Externally it looks immaculate except a non-working auto right RVM and a slight stiff clutch which he himself admitted before the test drive.
He proposed to get it corrected in service which is anyway pending (for 80k servicing).

Currently we are looking for the service history of the car form Honda.
So my questions are :
1. What price should my friend put for this ? Car-wale and IBB are totally confusing me .The former one is putting it at 4.4 - 4.5L (good condition) whereas the later is putting it as 6.5-7L. God knows why so much difference hence asking for help.
2.What all should he be careful of apart form the drinking habits? Anything particular for a CRV. I am told that CRV's age quite well. Would like owners views as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2013, 12:48   #8166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Why ? are these the usual problem areas ? Anyway I can figure out easily if there are any problems with these ? And it is a ZXI car (not SXI as mentioned before).
These are expensive problem areas, and of the fiestas I have seen, repeated too.
However, this doesn't mean that all fiestas have this problem, but these are ones which will typically leave you with no option other than A.S.S., which will cost you mightily.
So, just make your peace with these 3 on priority.
If all is well, this is an unbeatable combination of the price and the car.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:21   #8167
Senior - BHPian

How about 2011 Fortuner, 50k on odo, uttranchal registration??
Old 25th September 2013, 14:48   #8168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninflamez View Post

Currently we are looking for the service history of the car form Honda.
So my questions are :
1. What price should my friend put for this ? Car-wale and IBB are totally confusing me .The former one is putting it at 4.4 - 4.5L (good condition) whereas the later is putting it as 6.5-7L. God knows why so much difference hence asking for help.
2.What all should he be careful of apart form the drinking habits? Anything particular for a CRV. I am told that CRV's age quite well. Would like owners views as well.

Thanks in advance.
Too high IMO. Here in Pune, similar car is going for 3.5 to 4 Lacs. Still there are not many buyers for it. 6.5 is way too high friend. Dont give single penny above 4 lacs max.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 14:57   #8169

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Too high IMO. Here in Pune, similar car is going for 3.5 to 4 Lacs. Still there are not many buyers for it. 6.5 is way too high friend. Dont give single penny above 4 lacs max.
Forgot to say this is Bangalore and hence the premium charges
Old 25th September 2013, 16:11   #8170
BHPian

Hi,
I'm looking for a used car in Mumbai for wifey who wants to learn driving. The idea is to use the car for 3-6 months and then sell it off and get a new car. Have shortlisted Santro and Wagon R. Any recommendations about used car dealers in Mumbai? Or shall I go through the newspaper classifieds (in which case would need recommendations of good mechanic in South Mumbai as I haven't bought any used car in the past).
Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2013, 16:24   #8171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for a used car in Mumbai for wifey who wants to learn driving. The idea is to use the car for 3-6 months and then sell it off and get a new car. Have shortlisted Santro and Wagon R. Any recommendations about used car dealers in Mumbai? Or shall I go through the newspaper classifieds (in which case would need recommendations of good mechanic in South Mumbai as I haven't bought any used car in the past).
Thanks in advance.
You can start searching on OLX, T-bhp classifieds. It's better to have a mechanic to inspect the car before purchasing it, even if you have good knowledge about cars you may miss some of the details and don't forget to check the service record for the vehicle, because if the car is in very good condition you may later want to retain it for an year or so(Personal experience).
Old 25th September 2013, 17:48   #8172
BHPian

Hi,

I am new to Team-BHP but I must compliment the way information is collated on this site.

I am planning to buy a 'Uttarakhand' (UK) registered 2008 white Swift LDI, clocked 65k kms on the ODO. Condition is fair and the owner is asking for 3L. What is an ideal price I should bid? Also are there any cons of driving a 'UK' registered car in Delhi? Your feedback will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:05   #8173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
Hi,

I am new to Team-BHP but I must compliment the way information is collated on this site.

I am planning to buy a 'Uttarakhand' (UK) registered 2008 white Swift LDI, clocked 65k kms on the ODO. Condition is fair and the owner is asking for 3L. What is an ideal price I should bid? Also are there any cons of driving a 'UK' registered car in Delhi? Your feedback will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
It's a 5 year old car and should have costed the owner 4.5 when he bought it new, 1.5 lakhs depreciation for 5 years and 65,000 kilometers is a personal call. You can pay road tax in Delhi and drive the car, you should not have any problem
Old 25th September 2013, 20:10   #8174
BHPian

Got quote of Rs. 1,50,000/- for Hyundai Santro Xing XO, April 2006, 40,000Km on ODO. Is this a fair price to buy?
Old 25th September 2013, 20:16   #8175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Got quote of Rs. 1,50,000/- for Hyundai Santro Xing XO, April 2006, 40,000Km on ODO. Is this a fair price to buy?
It is a 7 year old model. If I were you then I would pay a maximum of 1.2 L if it is well maintained. I assume the car is not heavily loaded with accessories.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks