Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 07:53   #8266
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 11:59.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th October 2013, 11:18   #8267
BHPian

I am planning to buy 2009 Linea MJD Emotion Pack with around 50000 KMs on Odo in Pune. I had couple of questions:
  • What should be the reasoable price for such a car?
  • What are the key issues that I might have to be looking out for ? ( I know the generic guidelines for buying used car - a TBHP thread - however I want to know 'Linea MJD specific' points)
Old 16th October 2013, 11:41   #8268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
I am planning to buy 2009 Linea MJD Emotion Pack with around 50000 KMs on Odo in Pune. I had couple of questions:
  • What should be the reasoable price for such a car?
  • What are the key issues that I might have to be looking out for ? ( I know the generic guidelines for buying used car - a TBHP thread - however I want to know 'Linea MJD specific' points)
I guess 4 Lacs is a fair price for this car if maintained in good condition. You better get it checked from a well known mechanic and make sure that it is accident free. Also you can do thorough test drive with some technical person to make sure things are good. Check for tires, battery etc.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:34   #8269
BHPian

What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 2012 (March) Brio S in Bangalore?

Had a quick inspection and test drive and observed these:
  • It has done only less than 5K km, which seems genuine from the service records and the condition.
  • The interiors and mechanical parts everything looks fine, and we couldn't find any mark of bad use from the interiors or the engine room etc.
  • Has some minor scratches on the bumpers etc, and a minor dent.
  • Papers and everything is perfect.
  • The owner was abroad for most of the time, and it was just started and idled once a week by his wife to keep the battery good. It starts on the first crank itself- there's no sign of battery being weak.
Old 16th October 2013, 16:29   #8270
BHPian

We are looking to sell our 2008 Toyota Corolla H1 model - its done 48k - it is in good condition. We put in a new battery last year and had the tyres changed 7 months ago.

We are getting an offer of 3.85 lakhs for the car from a private buyer. Please advise if this is a good offer or should I quote higher?
Old 16th October 2013, 16:52   #8271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 2012 (March) Brio S in Bangalore?
Hello,

Any price upto Rs. 4 lacs will be a good price for March 2012 Honda Brio S with less 5,000 kms on ODO.

No matter how good the condition of the car is, afterall it is a 1.5 year old car & thus the price less than Rs. 4 lacs is suggested. Anything more than Rs. 4 lacs for a 1.5 years old used car will make a stong case for buying a new hatchback (like WagonR or i10).

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 20:34   #8272
BHPian

What would be a reasonable price for a 2010 Laura 1.8 TSI with around 50000 kms in the ODO? And a 2010 Civic with 45000 kms in the ODO? These are Bangalore Registration.
Old 16th October 2013, 20:39   #8273
BHPian

A used car dealer in Goa called me up (floated my number around) telling me he has a 2012 Rapid 1.6 TDI for sale, done about 7k kms and he is quoting about 7.3 (may negotiate) saying it is the top model with Airbags and alloys. I don't know whether there is a warranty cover on it, which I shall check.
The first owner is planning to go abroad or so.

Is this price right or is it inflated, I believe Skoda's offer good discounts or packages on all their new cars now-a-days.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:09   #8274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post

Is this price right or is it inflated, I believe Skoda's offer good discounts or packages on all their new cars now-a-days.
Don't know much about the pricing of used Rapid, but before you go for it, check the offer currently Skoda is giving. I heard the financing scheme they offer now is very good. If the difference is not huge, it's better to go for new one itself.
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 22:03   #8275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
A used car dealer in Goa called me up (floated my number around) telling me he has a 2012 Rapid 1.6 TDI for sale, done about 7k kms and he is quoting about 7.3 (may negotiate) saying it is the top model with Airbags and alloys. I don't know whether there is a warranty cover on it, which I shall check.
The first owner is planning to go abroad or so.

Definitely first check with the Skoda dealer. I had visited a dealer in Bangalore and they had a few 2012 manufactured models for which they were offering large discounts. Not sure about the TDI since I was looking for the petrol automatic. For this they straight up offered 1 lakh discount without any bargaining. With the refreshed rapid announced, the discounts may be more.
Old 17th October 2013, 15:11   #8276
BHPian

A friend is looking to sell his Dec 2012 Nissan Sunny XL (Diesel) with 3500km on the Odo. The car is in Chennai. How much can he expect?

Last edited by altius : 17th October 2013 at 15:12.
Old 17th October 2013, 16:34   #8277
Senior - BHPian

How much should I pay for i10 Sportz AT 2012 which has clocked 9000 KM ? The owner is quoting 4.85L ?
Old 17th October 2013, 19:27   #8278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Definitely first check with the Skoda dealer. I had visited a dealer in Bangalore and they had a few 2012 manufactured models for which they were offering large discounts. Not sure about the TDI since I was looking for the petrol automatic. For this they straight up offered 1 lakh discount without any bargaining. With the refreshed rapid announced, the discounts may be more.
I believe the petrol automatic won't have many takers but the diesel Rapid is the one that gets Skoda the numbers, I don't think it will hence carry similar discounts, I believe the new Rapid top of the line (is it elegance?) is about 10.5 L on road.

Considering a standard 30% depreciation in the 1st year for such cars the price just seems right, or is it not?

Last edited by s_pphilip : 17th October 2013 at 19:29.
Old 18th October 2013, 03:23   #8279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
How much should I pay for i10 Sportz AT 2012 which has clocked 9000 KM ? The owner is quoting 4.85L ?
4.85L is way too much. I have an Oct 2012 i10 Sportz AT which I got for 5.1 lakh on road! So expecting 4.85 L is unthinkable for me.
I would not give more than 4.5 lakh if the car condition is pristine!
With the grand i10 in the market now, prices of the "old" i10 are set to crash anyways.
Use this point & bargain aggressively.
Best of luck!
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 07:56   #8280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post

4.85L is way too much. I have an Oct 2012 i10 Sportz AT which I got for 5.1 lakh on road! So expecting 4.85 L is unthinkable for me.
I would not give more than 4.5 lakh if the car condition is pristine!
With the grand i10 in the market now, prices of the "old" i10 are set to crash anyways.
Use this point & bargain aggressively.
Best of luck!
did you buy it used or first hand last year ?

Most Viewed