Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 11:40   #8311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello Duke,
A new Scorpio AT OTR price in 2012 should be around 13.5L. As a car loses around max value in the first 18 months(around 20-25%), my guess is that it should fetch around 9.75-10.25L in Delhi.
I may be wrong here.
Regards,
Varun
Small correction - I got a quote of OTR 12.45 l in Noida two weeks back for AT 2wd. This was with some discount but no bargaining.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:41   #8312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What is a good price for a second owner 2001 Accent that has done nearly a lakh kms? The owner has recently had a lot of work done on the car, that amounted to more than 60k. Minor cosmetic accident damage from two accidents is what I know of. A friend is negotiating, while the owner wants 1.5L. This is a Bangalore registered car.
Even for a clean 1 owner car he will not get more than 1.25L. IMO you should look at 0.75 L, if you are very keen on this car may be 1 L.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:51   #8313
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
My friend is selling his 2012 Scorpio VLX AT (airbags) BS-IV, white color, HR26 registration and done 25000 km on the odo. What is the fair price for this car please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
What would be a good price for May 2010 i20 Magna Petrol with 40K on the ODO ?
Car is accident free and in very good condition. Serviced only at authorized A.S.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Hi,

I am looking to change my car. Am primarily looking at the new Vento, but also taking a segment higher into consideration. What price range would a used automatic Laura/Jetta car in Bombay which is not more than 2 yrs old? Also, provide contact details if you know anyone who has the same up for sale. Automatic is a must btw.

Apurva
Enter your car details on this page & you should see a good estimate of the expected prices:
http://www.carwale.com/used/carvaluation/
Old 24th October 2013, 11:56   #8314
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Duke,
A new Scorpio AT OTR price in 2012 should be around 13.5L. As a car loses around max value in the first 18 months(around 20-25%), my guess is that it should fetch around 9.75-10.25L in Delhi.
I may be wrong here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Small correction - I got a quote of OTR 12.45 l in Noida two weeks back for AT 2wd. This was with some discount but no bargaining.
Thank You Roy
In light of Roy's post, a fair price for the Scorpio should be around 9-9.25L
BTW, what are the quotes you are getting ,Duke?
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:04   #8315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
There seem to be a disproportionate number of i10s within the 5 Lakh budget at low miles and age. I wonder what makes all these owners sell it off so early: is it just that i10s get sold more and statistics lead to more of them on market, or if there are any deal-breakers with it. Thus my curiosity at selfdrive's observation.

Any thoughts why there are so many of them, anyone?
Well I can think of some reasons
It is one of the cheapest automatics available. Plus folks here go bonkers when they see a H badge, straight or slanted doesn't matter. So obviously a lot of i10s were sold in the last few years. All of these will compete with each other in the used market. Sometimes it is easier to sell a low selling car or a sales dud in the used car market. Think Yeti or Jazz for examples

As for the low mileage, these are usually used for short runs as neon wheels pointed out. I doubt many use the i10 for highway runs. And if their commute is longer, they would have bought a diesel in the first place.

Maybe it is better to buy a good sales dud. It would fetch better value in the used market than a sales hit. Think of how many Ecosports will be in the market in a couple of years
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:28   #8316
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Roy In light of Roy's post, a fair price for the Scorpio should be around 9-9.25L BTW, what are the quotes you are getting ,Duke?
Most offers are in the 8-8.5 range. Seems too low. What do you suggest I do? Wait or sell?
Old 24th October 2013, 14:34   #8317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most offers are in the 8-8.5 range. Seems too low. What do you suggest I do? Wait or sell?
That sounds about right, though you might find a buyer willing to shell out more.

The previous AT box wasn't as slick as the new one is. And perhaps, the buyers know that.

I test drove the new one, and was quite amazed at how smooth the gearbox was. The older one wasn't that good.
Old 24th October 2013, 17:43   #8318
BHPian

Quote:
My sincere suggestion will be to hold on to the Scorpio.8-8.5L is way too low. You will have lost nearly 4L in a year.

Also,Scorpio's are relatively trouble-free. So unless you are having issues with it, I see no reason for you to lose 4L.
Do you mind sharing as to why you wish to sell the Scorpio AT?

Regards,
Varun
Old 24th October 2013, 17:43   #8319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
That sounds about right, though you might find a buyer willing to shell out more. The previous AT box wasn't as slick as the new one is. And perhaps, the buyers know that. I test drove the new one, and was quite amazed at how smooth the gearbox was. The older one wasn't that good.
I'm guessing this is the new gearbox as it appears to be super smooth, absolutely zilch jumps or jerks while up shifts or down shifts. Even better is the way it manages gear ratios depending on how much you pump the gas pedal.

When was the new gearbox introduced?
Old 24th October 2013, 17:46   #8320
BHPian

Quote:
My sincere suggestion will be to hold on to the Scorpio.8-8.5L is way too low. You will have lost nearly 4L in a year. Also,Scorpio's are relatively trouble-free. So unless you are having issues with it, I see no reason for you to lose 4L. Do you mind sharing as to why you wish to sell the Scorpio AT? Regards, Varun
Varun, the car belongs to a colleague of mine who's moved to Banglore and left the car with me and entrusted me to sell it for him. While I readily accepted the task considering its a Scorpio and beautifully kept, I now have regrets as I will be the one breaking the bad news to him.
Old 24th October 2013, 17:52   #8321
BHPian

Quote:
My sincere suggestion will be to hold on to the Scorpio.8-8.5L is way too low. You will have lost nearly 4L in a year. Also,Scorpio's are relatively trouble-free. So unless you are having issues with it, I see no reason for you to lose 4L. Do you mind sharing as to why you wish to sell the Scorpio AT? Regards, Varun
Here are some pictures of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-image3696740875.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-image2614903242.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-image3942864582.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-image2962554831.jpg  

Old 24th October 2013, 21:01   #8322
BHPian

A dealer here has a 2011 Linea TJet and the asking price is only 3.75 lacs.
is the resale value of the TJet so terrible?
Old 24th October 2013, 21:58   #8323
Senior - BHPian

I had been to a True value outlet in Kochi in search of a used Alto. The asking rate for a 2005 July Lxi is Rs 185K and is not selling it below 180K.
I feel it is exorbitantly high for an eight year old Alto.
Kindly suggest.
Old 24th October 2013, 22:48   #8324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
A dealer here has a 2011 Linea TJet and the asking price is only 3.75 lacs.
is the resale value of the TJet so terrible?
Wooohhaahh. That is very very low. I would say its an excellent car at that price. For someone who needs a car for low running or as a weekend fun car, I see no reason for not going for such a car. But is it really 3.75L? Probably the car has some mysterious past.
Old 24th October 2013, 23:06   #8325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Wooohhaahh. That is very very low. I would say its an excellent car at that price. For someone who needs a car for low running or as a weekend fun car, I see no reason for not going for such a car. But is it really 3.75L? Probably the car has some mysterious past.
It has done 35k kms and I feel the price is too low for a 2 year old car because I've seen 2010 Linea petrols available for that price.
Here's the link :Linea Tjet

Most Viewed