Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 23:33   #8326
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Team,
Picked up a pre-owned Safari 2.2 EX (March 2011) at 7.10 Lakhs including brokerage,RTO transfer and a good cleaning(interior, exterior and a some touch up.).It came at a premium due to very low running (18000 km) and being well maintained. Pictures will follow.
Cheers !!
Abhay.
Old 25th October 2013, 09:00   #8327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I had been to a True value outlet in Kochi in search of a used Alto. The asking rate for a 2005 July Lxi is Rs 185K and is not selling it below 180K.
I feel it is exorbitantly high for an eight year old Alto.
Kindly suggest.
That quote is high for a 8 year Alto. It should go for not more than 1.3l-1.4, if not less.
My Swift Lxi 2005 was quoted for 1.8l on this thread.

True Value wants to make a huge profit, so walk away.

Regards
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:37   #8328
Distinguished - BHPian

How much can I expect for a 2009 Dec SX4 ZXI VVT run 43,000km in Bangalore. I am the 2nd owner and the car is in very good condition.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:42   #8329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
How much can I expect for a 2009 Dec SX4 ZXI VVT run 43,000km in Bangalore. I am the 2nd owner and the car is in very good condition.
Probably 3.5 lakhs or so if in good condition. (2nd owner)

Last edited by anks_at : 25th October 2013 at 13:46.
Old 25th October 2013, 21:10   #8330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That quote is high for a 8 year Alto. It should go for not more than 1.3l-1.4, if not less.
A 2003 Alto Lxi got sold at Rs1.5 lakhs yesterday at a True value outlet, which I tried for Rs 1.4 Lakhs.
Old 25th October 2013, 23:53   #8331
Senior - BHPian

2006 Santro Xing is available for around 1L in NCR, why go for even an older model of Alto for 1.4 L?
Old 26th October 2013, 03:03   #8332

Hello everybody, I am from Bangalore and looking to buy a used car with a fixed budget of 2.5 lacs. My initial options were the Santro Xing and WagonR. After a lot of confusion between the two, we have finally zeroed in on the WagonR. We are more inclined towards the WagonR purely because of Maruti's brand name and the more nominal costs of maintenance (considering that a used car is more liable for change of spares sooner compared to a brand new one). Buying a new car is not an option right now.

Since I am new to buying cars, I would like to know what is the exact model and features of WagonR I should be going for (with the consideration that I would be holding on to this car for the next 3 to 4 years). For example, I encountered a single owner 2008 WagonR VXI limited edition with ABS and Airbags, but the downside to it was that it had run 75k KM and had unkempt interiors. I encounter deals where the car looks good and is a 2007/2008 model (with the newer front grill design), but would have run 65k KM or more and I encounter a 2005 model which has run 40k KM. It increases the confusion as to what to go for; a newer model or lesser KM run as sometimes both the types of cars would have been maintained well.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Old 26th October 2013, 07:27   #8333
BHPian

How much will be the resale for the following car.

Mahindra Logan Top Model .
2008 model. 69000 kms done.
First Owner . Fully Company maintained .
With Insurance , and music system , spoiler , etc.
Chennai . With Fancy number 5555
Old 26th October 2013, 07:31   #8334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A 2003 Alto Lxi got sold at Rs1.5 lakhs yesterday at a True value outlet, which I tried for Rs 1.4 Lakhs.
Is this for real?
I won't pay more than 45-50K for a 10 year old alto.
Old 26th October 2013, 08:15   #8335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Hi Team,
Picked up a pre-owned Safari 2.2 EX (March 2011) at 7.10 Lakhs including brokerage,RTO transfer and a good cleaning(interior, exterior and a some touch up.).It came at a premium due to very low running (18000 km) and being well maintained. Pictures will follow.
Cheers !!
Abhay.
After a long long time seing a Safari in this thread ! Very good deal when you compare at what price a Scorpio Sle at similar vintage would go at
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 08:29   #8336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't make sense. I wonder on what basis True Value and others quote such prices.
If you look in our Classifieds, you will see cars and bikes being quoted at almost 50-75% more of what they are actually valued at and worth.
It is become like property prices now and a common man cannot afford anything .
I would stay away from an 8 year old Alto being sold for such a price.
Old 26th October 2013, 08:54   #8337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Doesn't make sense. I wonder on what basis True Value and others quote such prices.
If you look in our Classifieds, you will see cars and bikes being quoted at almost 50-75% more of what they are actually valued at and worth.
It is become like property prices now and a common man cannot afford anything .
I would stay away from an 8 year old Alto being sold for such a price.
True value prices are always high but this is a new high ! I have seen instances in my extended family where folks in smaller towns who don't look beyond Maruti being taken for a royal ride by TrueValue especially for M800, Alto and the WR
Old 26th October 2013, 11:02   #8338
BHPian

Quote:
I am also of the opinion that True Value is trying to make exorbiant profits by taking advantage of the trust Indians have in the brand.
I sold my 2002 Alto LX with 107000kms in march 2012 for 1 lakh rupees which I feel is not a bad deal considering the kms the vehicle has run.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:51   #8339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Hello everybody, I am from Bangalore and looking to buy a used car with a fixed budget of 2.5 lacs. My initial options were the Santro Xing and WagonR. After a lot of confusion between the two, we have finally zeroed in on the WagonR. We are more inclined towards the WagonR purely because of Maruti's brand name and the more nominal costs of maintenance (considering that a used car is more liable for change of spares sooner compared to a brand new one). Buying a new car is not an option right now.

Since I am new to buying cars, I would like to know what is the exact model and features of WagonR I should be going for (with the consideration that I would be holding on to this car for the next 3 to 4 years). For example, I encountered a single owner 2008 WagonR VXI limited edition with ABS and Airbags, but the downside to it was that it had run 75k KM and had unkempt interiors. I encounter deals where the car looks good and is a 2007/2008 model (with the newer front grill design), but would have run 65k KM or more and I encounter a 2005 model which has run 40k KM. It increases the confusion as to what to go for; a newer model or lesser KM run as sometimes both the types of cars would have been maintained well.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Santro Xing parts are the cheapest in its class resulting in cheap service outside H.A.S.S.. It's only Hyundai's ride with is derided everywhere, but, when compared to Wagon-R, it is a battle of equals. I would suggest look out patiently for both cars models, with lesser mileage & slightly older model, which you can buy cheap & modify as per your whims with the budget you have.

Best of luck with your search .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:56   #8340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with what all others have to say. Even if you are buying the car in South India (with higher taxes IMO), you are almost paying 1.5 times the correct market value of the car. These days even True Value outlets are not reliable & we have a documented case on TBHP itself.

Best option would be to refer classifieds, & take the help of a trusted mechanic or expert & you will save money, even if you pay the third party reasonable commission/ service charges.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed