Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 22:38   #8416
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Btw, we got to know that the current owner has purchased this car just a month back and apparently the car has some mechanical problem so we have decided to skip this one for good
But still he quotes that ridiculous price!
God help the poor fellow who ends up as the next owner!
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 22:55   #8417
BHPian

Hello Guys,

What would be the good price for a 2010 Laura TSI Bangalore, with approaching 50000 in the ODO?

The tires need immediate replacement on it as well.

regards,
Writankar
Old 2nd November 2013, 00:06   #8418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
Hello Guys,

What would be the good price for a 2010 Laura TSI Bangalore, with approaching 50000 in the ODO?

The tires need immediate replacement on it as well.

regards,
Writankar
That's a high mileage car in less than 3 years + you need to spend at least 22-25K for good tyres. Not more than 9.5L if it is covered under extended warranty or may be 8.5L. BTW you must have got quote of 12-14L but its not worth it.
Old 2nd November 2013, 00:58   #8419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
That's a high mileage car in less than 3 years + you need to spend at least 22-25K for good tyres. Not more than 9.5L if it is covered under extended warranty or may be 8.5L. BTW you must have got quote of 12-14L but its not worth it.
Hello Zulfi,

I think you are referring to the Diesel one?

This is a Petrol TSI not the Diesel. The on road price was around 15L. So isn't 9.5 too much?
Old 2nd November 2013, 08:54   #8420
BHPian

Quote:

Hello W,
I'm not too aware of Skoda Prices in Bangalore, but one of my acquaintance in Chennai,sold his 2010 TSI done around 45K's for around 6.5L to a dealer, if I remember correctly. So Bangalore prices should to similar. Anywhere between 6.5-7.0L should be a fair price to pay.
Like Zulfi said, account for tires separately.

Regards,
Varun
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:13   #8421
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello W, I'm not too aware of Skoda Prices in Bangalore, but one of my acquaintance in Chennai,sold his 2010 TSI done around 45K's for around 6.5L to a dealer, if I remember correctly. So Bangalore prices should to similar. Anywhere between 6.5-7.0L should be a fair price to pay. Like Zulfi said, account for tires separately. Regards, Varun

My good friend who was relocating abroad from Madras, sold his lovely well maintained Laura AT L&K 2007 model TDI a few months ago for around 7 lacs. It had done 60K kms. Whoever got it is a lucky bloke because my friend maintains his vehicles very well indeed.
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:29   #8422
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Zulfi,

I think you are referring to the Diesel one?

This is a Petrol TSI not the Diesel. The on road price was around 15L. So isn't 9.5 too much?
My mistake, take it down to 6.5L. Or if it is covered under warranty maybe max 7.5L. PM me the details just in case, I am also looking for one.
Old 2nd November 2013, 16:25   #8423
Senior - BHPian

Just been Trident Hyundai to see the used cars. Saw one Diesel Duster RXZ-110bhp base model. It is a 2012 model and has run 25K+ kms. The dealer is quoting at Rs.11.75L. There are few scratches on the car. The ICE looked very basic though company fitted. The new car value is Rs.13.43L (on road). I did take a small test drive. It has the turbo lag. There was not under warranty though as the SA informed that he doesnot know about the same. Have to go in for loan and the ROI quoted by him is 17% for used car (from pvt banks) that works out to Rs.19880/month upto 5 years (Rs.2450/lac). As today was a holiday, I have asked for all the details including the documents of the car whcih will be shown to me on monday (04/11).

I would like to know what should be the price I have to negotiate and what all the things I have to consider for this car. Advices are welcome.
Old 2nd November 2013, 17:00   #8424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Just been Trident Hyundai to see the used cars. Saw one Diesel Duster RXZ-110bhp base model. It is a 2012 model and has run 25K+ kms. The dealer is quoting at Rs.11.75L. There are few scratches on the car. The ICE looked very basic though company fitted. The new car value is Rs.13.43L (on road). I did take a small test drive. It has the turbo lag. There was not under warranty though as the SA informed that he doesnot know about the same. Have to go in for loan and the ROI quoted by him is 17% for used car (from pvt banks) that works out to Rs.19880/month upto 5 years (Rs.2450/lac). As today was a holiday, I have asked for all the details including the documents of the car whcih will be shown to me on monday (04/11).

I would like to know what should be the price I have to negotiate and what all the things I have to consider for this car. Advices are welcome.
I just want to let you know that three weeks back I was disbursed a new car loan from IDBI at 10.25% and zero prepayment and zero part prepayment charges.
Do the math. It's perhaps much wiser to go in for a new Duster.
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:54   #8425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Saw one Diesel Duster RXZ-110bhp base model. It is a 2012 model and has run 25K+ kms. The dealer is quoting at Rs.11.75L. The new car value is Rs.13.43L (on road).

This is typical of Bangalore used car market, ridiculous, of all people we tbhpens should be the least to give in to this kind of unfair practices. Understood that Karnataka taxes are the highest in the country but I have info that Dusters of this vintage are not selling above 10L outside Bangalore within the state. In semi-urban & rural market of Karnataka the prices are correct and the info is that Duster doesn't command high resale like Scorpio, and that even Scorpio has lost its edge in resale as on date. This is despite the fact that Duster like Scorpio is a good seller in these markets outside of Bangalore. What Roy says makes good sense if you want Duster specifically. Remember when you sell it even 2 years down the line don't be shocked if the same seller (dealers, including company branded like Trident or True value) offers you 6-6.5L for this car, only later he will quote 8-9L to the next buyer. Dealers in Bangalore want shamelessly exorbitant margins is a known fact.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:49   #8426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

This is typical of Bangalore used car market, ridiculous, of all people we tbhpens should be the least to give in to this kind of unfair practices. Understood that Karnataka taxes are the highest in the country but I have info that Dusters of this vintage are not selling above 10L outside Bangalore within the state. In semi-urban & rural market of Karnataka the prices are correct and the info is that Duster doesn't command high resale like Scorpio, and that even Scorpio has lost its edge in resale as on date. This is despite the fact that Duster like Scorpio is a good seller in these markets outside of Bangalore. What Roy says makes good sense if you want Duster specifically. Remember when you sell it even 2 years down the line don't be shocked if the same seller (dealers, including company branded like Trident or True value) offers you 6-6.5L for this car, only later he will quote 8-9L to the next buyer. Dealers in Bangalore want shamelessly exorbitant margins is a known fact.
I bought a used car and understand the sentiment but You just described the commodity market.

Who are we to interfere in their margins? In this modern day liberal economy, thats how we're all getting paid, just that some of us don't realise coz it's usually either covered or sugar-coated or considered a 'trend'.

-Rgds.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd November 2013 at 11:57.
Old 4th November 2013, 13:53   #8427
Distinguished - BHPian

What can I expect for a Verna petrol AT, sept 2011, Odo at 14k kms, Delhi registration , White colour.
Old 4th November 2013, 14:48   #8428
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hello all,
What would be the appropriate price for a 2003 Maruti Zen VXi in pune? The car has done about 90k kms? The car is in a good condition and is a relatives car.
Slightly OT- how many kms should a Zens engine last without overhauling?
Old 4th November 2013, 15:18   #8429
BHPian

Hey fellas...

quick question.

Tata safari 2008 registered LX version 70k kms run (black)
Fiat linea 2009 registered 1.3 MJD emotion+ version. 42.3k kms run (maroon/red)

Both delhi registered and with full service histories.
Both spectacular to drive.
Any ideas on price?
Old 4th November 2013, 16:11   #8430
Senior - BHPian

Zen engine is a real gem. A well maintained one should go for 200000.

Slightly OT- how many kms should a Zens engine last without overhauling?[/quote]

Most Viewed