Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 00:26   #8476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
I noticed these exorbitant price quotes too. I am not sure if the cars are actually sold at these prices as these are close to the original ex showroom price.
Back in 2009 the ex-showroom for Fortuner was 18.45 and now that price has increased to 24.50, I just cannot believe people are demanding so much for a used car. My my looks like I can demand ex showroom if I plan on selling my Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The scenario is same across the country. The price being quoted are exorbitant. I would stay away from such cars because regardless of how good the car is, there is no way you can pay the OTR price of the car in 2010. If you like the vehicle that much then rather opt for a new one. Its not too far away from the 20L price you are willing to pay for the used car.
It's quite sad actually that people are looting others by selling a used car for ex showroom price. We already own a Fortuner wanted to add another one to our garage as our running has increased. I think your right buying a new car would make more sense, the new Fortuner comes to 29.xx in Bangalore, which is a sharp increase in price, after a long hard search around Bangalore if I don't get one of my choice I might end up buying a new pajero or Fortuner. It makes no sense to pay so much for a car that has been used. Btw would you know how much tax would I have to pay if I buy a used car from another state? Thanks, cheers

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 13th November 2013 at 00:28.
Old 13th November 2013, 00:51   #8477
BHPian

Guys - suggestions on what I should pay for a friends well maintained jazz active July 2010 with 44000 km run so far, in Mumbai. My guess is its still under 4 yr standard warranty. Will consider doing basic usual touchups and topups extra as well. Thanks!
Old 13th November 2013, 08:51   #8478
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
if I don't get one of my choice I might end up buying a new pajero or Fortuner. It makes no sense to pay so much for a car that has been used. Btw would you know how much tax would I have to pay if I buy a used car from another state? Thanks, cheers
Well that would be indeed the correct decision. Just think this way that when you sell your new fortuner you will recover that extra money you are paying since the car holds on to its value so much.

Road tax would be the same right? I doubt it is much different from that of a new car. Would advice you against this as it is a hassle. Even after paying the road tax, your outstation number vehicle will be stopped frequently.
Old 13th November 2013, 11:07   #8479
Senior - BHPian

Guys, as we have a separate thread for doing the new car PDI, is there any checklist or a separate thread on doing the inspection for a used car. What all elements need to be checked? Few things coming to my mind are. underbody chasis (for rusting), dents/dings, rattles, service history etc. Please guide me to the relevant thread.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:29   #8480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
is there any checklist or a separate thread on doing the inspection for a used car
here goes http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:26   #8481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Guys - suggestions on what I should pay for a friends well maintained jazz active July 2010 with 44000 km run so far, in Mumbai.
Hello,

Your friend should pay approx Rs. Rs. 3.5 to Rs. 3.75 lacs for July 2010 Honda Jazz Active with 44,000 kms on ODO.

Please check whether the tyres are changed or not? If no then they are already due for change & this will mean expense of Rs. 15,000 or more.

Thanks,
Old 13th November 2013, 16:14   #8482
BHPian

Dear Friends,
Can you tell me about what should be the offer price for a 2008 2.4 mt grand vitara mumbai regd done about 36000 kms. The owner claims maintenance by vitesse / Orix with a service history. He has quoted about 5 lacs.
I have not seen the car yet. Am planning to do so next week.

Anything special to look out for regarding a used vitara. Also are spares for the vitara easily available? Some people have mentioned that the vitara shares a number of components with the swift and sx4. I would appreciate some help on this.

Also would a clutch and suspension overhaul be required as it will be a nearly 6 year old vehicle?
Old 13th November 2013, 17:31   #8483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatshah View Post
offer price for a 2008 2.4 mt grand vitara mumbai regd done about 36000 kms. The owner claims maintenance by vitesse / Orix with a service history. He has quoted about 5 lacs.
Also would a clutch and suspension overhaul be required as it will be a nearly 6 year old vehicle?
Hello,

Rs. 5 lacs for 2008 Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 MT with 36,000 kms on ODO is really a good price. Given the fact that the owner has full service history, you just need to check the no claim bonus on Insurance policy.

Cannot comment on the clutch & suspension condition, but since it has done only 36,000 kms, there should be no such need, unless the car has been driven on dirt tracks.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 17:39   #8484
BHPian

Finalized the deal for hyundai Eon sportz, run 8k kms, bought in may 2013. Purchased for 4.1 lacs after discounts 6 months back, sold today for 3.8 lacs.
Old 13th November 2013, 20:19   #8485
BHPian

How much can I expect for my 2009 Hyundai i10 era done 23k? Company lease has expired and due for transfer, hopefully to the buyer name if possible. Not decided to sell, but just doing a price check.
Old 13th November 2013, 21:47   #8486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatshah View Post
Dear Friends,
Can you tell me about what should be the offer price for a 2008 2.4 mt grand vitara mumbai regd done about 36000 kms. The owner claims maintenance by vitesse / Orix with a service history. He has quoted about 5 lacs.
I have not seen the car yet. Am planning to do so next week.

Anything special to look out for regarding a used vitara. Also are spares for the vitara easily available? Some people have mentioned that the vitara shares a number of components with the swift and sx4. I would appreciate some help on this.

I would push for 4-4.5 depending on the state of tyres, brake pads, and clutch (remember even though you are buying this for around 5, parts remain expensive and 16inch suv rubber aint cheap) 5 is however, an honest price. The fact that it comes with a full service history makes it a little sweeter.

Parts will never be an issue. Most parts will take a maximum of 3 days to come. The condition the clutch is in depends upon how it was driven and I don't think the tough suspension will need an overhaul.

One thing you have to know is that the 2.0liter GV was never a brilliant car because of the flawed motor; no power nor mileage (thanks to full time awd). If you can, please look out for a 2.4 which was launched sometime in the end of 2009 if I'm not mistaken and came with MUCH better performance and the same mileage (courtesy variable valve timing), bigger wheels, a new grille, updated multi function display, climate control and better brakes. This is the one to look for

Last edited by IshaanIan : 13th November 2013 at 21:48.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 22:03   #8487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
How much can I expect for my 2009 Hyundai i10 era done 23k? Company lease has expired and due for transfer, hopefully to the buyer name if possible. Not decided to sell, but just doing a price check.
Hello,

You can expect Rs. 2.5 to Rs. 2.7 lacs for your 2009 Hyundai i10 Era with 23,000 kms on ODO. This price is considering the high prices of used cars in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 01:11   #8488
Senior - BHPian

What would be tentative price of 2010 Toyota fortuner, silver colour, 65k on odo, first owner

Dealer is asking 16 lk for the same.
Old 14th November 2013, 08:21   #8489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Finalized the deal for hyundai Eon sportz, run 8k kms, bought in may 2013. Purchased for 4.1 lacs after discounts 6 months back, sold today for 3.8 lacs.
If the difference is just 30k, can I know the reason you went for a used car? I am pretty sure the discounts are on offer even today..
Old 14th November 2013, 09:53   #8490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
If the difference is just 30k, can I know the reason you went for a used car? I am pretty sure the discounts are on offer even today..
I guess harish is the seller here & I must say, he seized a great deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks