Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 21:45   #8536
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Friends, need your advise on finding good price range for selling my fiesta. I have a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI, ABS (petrol)- Dec, 2009 model. Excellently maintained, ( as you'd expect from BHPian) 43k Kms, leather seats, new Michelin tyres, complete service history available. The best price that I am getting from dealer is 2.7 L. My expectation is closer to 4L
If it were the Diesel you could even expect 4.5. Im sorry but I do not see the petrol version going for more than 3-3.5
Old 21st November 2013, 22:01   #8537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Friends, need your advise on finding good price range for selling my fiesta. I have a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI, ABS (petrol)- Dec, 2009 model. Excellently maintained, ( as you'd expect from BHPian) 43k Kms, leather seats, new Michelin tyres, complete service history available. The best price that I am getting from dealer is 2.7 L. My expectation is closer to 4L
4L is too optimistic. Maximum you can get is 3. Maybe 3.5 if it was a diesel.
Old 21st November 2013, 22:25   #8538
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how much should one quote for a low odo, 2011 Swift ZDI in Bengaluru?
Old 21st November 2013, 23:04   #8539
Senior - BHPian

A friend's friend is asking 16 lakh for his 2009 fortuner registered in 2010 ran for just 18K kms. Looks a worthy deal to me but at the same time looking at options available on carwale @ 2012 Forutner AT available for 20L-21L, the deal for sure looks costly to me.

Confused !! Not sure.. what to do !! Any suggestions/inputs ??
Old 22nd November 2013, 01:34   #8540
Senior - BHPian

Looking to buy a used Punto 90 HP, need an idea on how much I should offer for it in bangalore
  • Is a Sept 2011 make with 43500 on the odo
  • 45k service done recently
  • New tyres(apollo make)
  • A few scratches on the bumper,right rear door and rear fender.
  • No warranty or extended warranty
  • Owner has quoted 5.65 which I feel is on the higher side

I have NCB from my old car and would like to negotiate a price without Insurance, how much should I quote ? Carwale lists price at 5.15 if the car is in excellent condition
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:19   #8541
BHPian

Guys a small information. Finance Ministry is scanning all Know Your Customer (KYC) documents submitted during car purchases and sending notice to many owners who have submitted incomplete documents. Due to this many new cars are hitting used car market with huge discounts. So be careful if the vehicle is very new and offered at a generous discount.

Source :- Moneylife - Print Edition
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:06   #8542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
A friend's friend is asking 16 lakh for his 2009 fortuner registered in 2010 ran for just 18K kms. Looks a worthy deal to me but at the same time looking at options available on carwale @ 2012 Forutner AT available for 20L-21L, the deal for sure looks costly to me.

If the car is genuine then you can surely consider it. The price being asked is high though but then its becoming impossible to find a good Fortuner at a logical price! Ideally it should not be for more than 13-14L since the owner would have paid around 21L OTR for it back in 2009.
See if you can further bring the price down. If not and you like the car then I would say go for it. Really hard to find a fortuner with such low Odo reading.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:27   #8543
BHPian

Quote:

18k odo in a 3 year ownership that is like 500 km a month? Try to verify the reasons for such a low usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
If the car is genuine then you can surely consider it. The price being asked is high though but then its becoming impossible to find a good Fortuner at a logical price! Ideally it should not be for more than 13-14L since the owner would have paid around 21L OTR for it back in 2009.
See if you can further bring the price down. If not and you like the car then I would say go for it. Really hard to find a fortuner with such low Odo reading.
I would say 16L is high. Try and negotiate to bring it in between 13-14L as Mohit suggests is like to be a reasonable price for it. He might have got a discount as well while buying as he bought a 2009 car and registered it in 2010.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:34   #8544

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Guys a small information. Finance Ministry is scanning all Know Your Customer (KYC) documents submitted during car purchases and sending notice to many owners who have submitted incomplete documents. Due to this many new cars are hitting used car market with huge discounts. So be careful if the vehicle is very new and offered at a generous discount.

Source :- Moneylife - Print Edition
Hi, is there anything we can do in specific to be careful: just last night I posted the following and am likely checking the car out today. Please take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
Hi,
we've been shopping for an automatic Honda for a few weeks now, but just as we were about to finalize on a car, I wanted to check one last time with the local (Bangalore) Auto Terraces, the used car divisions of the Honda showrooms.

Turns out, one of them told me about an owner willing to sell his 2012 City V-AT off and is quoting Rs. 8,25,000 at 9500Kms. Now that sounds like a deal too good to believe. The Auto Terrace guy himself says the car is in a great condition as one'd expect.

I want to know if there are any gotchas I should be looking for when I visit there tomorrow: masking a test drive vehicle, showroom owner driven, unregistered vehicle (I heard something like this from a VW dealer) - or any such thing.

Can someone help me with what to expect? Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:37   #8545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
18k odo in a 3 year ownership that is like 500 km a month?
He might have got a discount as well while buying as he bought a 2009 car and registered it in 2010.
First regarding the odometer reading I know of a lot of people who bought the fortuner in the frenzy that surrounded it at the time of launch only to realize later that it doesn't suit there usage at all. Since the vehicle belongs to a known person you can be sure about the genuineness of the same.

Regarding discount, again I will disagree. Toyota had to stop the booking process of the fortuner when it was launched in 2009. The car had a premium of 1l rupees openly. So no way the owner would have got any discounts. But ya 16 lacs for the vehicle is still very high asking price. Ideally even considering good resale value for Toyota, it should not be worth more than 13 - 14 lacs. For heavens sake even the IDV of the vehicle will be much much less than the asking price. I always consider a vehicle's IDV value in judging its price.
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:33   #8546
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

We have been offered two cars in pune. This is for me And my mom to learn on-
1. 2006 santro xing xo.
Odo - 48xxx kms
Price-2.3 lakhs
2. 2002 santro ( the one with front two power widows and power steering)
Odo-89xxx kms
Price-1.4 lakhs.
I feel the price is on higher side. The xing is excellent condition whereas the santro needs some work to be done. The owner has agreed to get things sorted. What should I quote?
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:09   #8547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Low mileage is the key attraction towards this care, but if i can spend 16 lk for a 2009 model car, why not 2012 model for another 5 lakh. that's a jump of 3 years for 5 lk rupees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
18k odo in a 3 year ownership that is like 500 km a month? Try to verify the reasons for such a low usage.
Exactly my thoughts, but he is sort of low runner.

Quote:
Regarding discount, again I will disagree. Toyota had to stop the booking process of the fortuner when it was launched in 2009. The car had a premium of 1l rupees openly. So no way the owner would have got any discounts. But ya 16 lacs for the vehicle is still very high asking price. Ideally even considering good resale value for Toyota, it should not be worth more than 13 - 14 lacs. For heavens sake even the IDV of the vehicle will be much much less than the asking price. I always consider a vehicle's IDV value in judging its price.
Discounts on fortuner, pardon me but not at all possible.
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:16   #8548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Low mileage is the key attraction towards this care, but if i can spend 16 lk for a 2009 model car, why not 2012 model for another 5 lakh. that's a jump of 3 years for 5 lk rupees.
Well my story went like this only. Once you make up your mind for 21l then wouldn't it feel attractive to pay another 4-5 lacs and get a brand new fortuner. After all a new vehicle will always be new. And then as you asked me before , it gets more complicated when you consider that the s60 is available for around 27 OTR Delhi and 320d without xenons for 29.xx lacs!
Happy hunting.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:57   #8549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well my story went like this only. Once you make up your mind for 21l then wouldn't it feel attractive to pay another 4-5 lacs and get a brand new fortuner. After all a new vehicle will always be new. And then as you asked me before , it gets more complicated when you consider that the s60 is available for around 27 OTR Delhi and 320d without xenons for 29.xx lacs!
Happy hunting.
You bet, confusion always lies down.

But still won't be getting more value/lakh after spending another 5 L for just 1 year jump
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:13   #8550
BHPian

Quote:
Happy hunting.
well put ... its quite a tease :P

Most Viewed