Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 19:23   #8566

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys,

I am looking at buying a used Ford Ikon Flairfrom a known contact.

It's a 2008 petrol model and has 19k on the odometer. The owner is from TVS, and he has been using his company services to maintain it. Hence it looks pretty new and well maintained. Despite everything, the owner admits that it returns only 8-9km mileage per litre. He was asking around 2.2 lakhs for it, but is ready to sell if off for 2 lakhs after negotiation.

All said and done, I thought the price was pretty okay. I have looked at used Santros and Altos for prices around 2.4 lakhs in Chennai and I thought this was a pretty good deal.

What do you think?
Old 25th November 2013, 00:03   #8567
Senior - BHPian

Can some one please tell me from which year (month of that year ), Laura started coming with CRDI engine. Did Jetta also come with CRDI around same time? A friend is looking for a used Laura/Jetta and asked me this question because he only wants to buy the 140 bhp CRDi engined one.
Old 25th November 2013, 00:29   #8568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Can some one please tell me from which year (month of that year ), Laura started coming with CRDI engine. Did Jetta also come with CRDI around same time? A friend is looking for a used Laura/Jetta and asked me this question because he only wants to buy the 140 bhp CRDi engined one.
I think the Laura started coming with a 140bhp crdi from 2010, the Jetta was only from 2011. Prior to that, Jetta had a 110bhp PD engine,IIRC and the Laura was a 105 bhp PD engine too.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 12:06   #8569
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my existing 2007 Zen Estillo Vxi and buy a used CNG/ Diesel hatchback with a budget of around 2.5-3 Lakhs.

The Estillo is serving me fine but my daily running now is around 110 kms and the petrol costs of nearly 12-13K/month is killing me. I don't want to install CNG on the Estillo as it has already done 93K kms.

I was looking for options and found that I can easily get used Swift, Hyundai Accent / i10, Chevy Beat, Wagon R (petrol with CNG fitted) in this price range. I am particularity interested in the Beat as I have found some Petrol LT models in my price range.

For diesel, I found a few 2008-2009 Swift Vdi , Fiat Punto on OLX for around 3 lakhs.

Any suggestions on this? Any other cars I can consider?

Last edited by Abh1nav : 25th November 2013 at 12:08.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:16   #8570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my existing 2007 Zen Estillo Vxi and buy a used CNG/ Diesel hatchback with a budget of around 2.5-3 Lakhs.

The Estillo is serving me fine but my daily running now is around 110 kms and the petrol costs of nearly 12-13K/month is killing me. I don't want to install CNG on the Estillo as it has already done 93K kms.

I was looking for options and found that I can easily get used Swift, Hyundai Accent / i10, Chevy Beat, Wagon R (petrol with CNG fitted) in this price range. I am particularity interested in the Beat as I have found some Petrol LT models in my price range.

For diesel, I found a few 2008-2009 Swift Vdi , Fiat Punto on OLX for around 3 lakhs.

I won't recommend any diesel hatch to you as chances of getting a decent piece in good price is very difficult, lest the ownership would be a headache to you.

Since your running is 110 kms a day, I would recommend get a sedan, preferably something like old Dzire, or older variants of City, & get dual cylinder CNG setup, which would definitely reduce the number of visits to the CNG stations to half.

Otherwise, expand your budget & get a Figo Diesel base variant, which should serve you well.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:51   #8571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to replace my existing 2007 Zen Estillo Vxi and buy a used CNG/ Diesel hatchback with a budget of around 2.5-3 Lakhs. For diesel, I found a few 2008-2009 Swift Vdi , Fiat Punto on OLX for around 3 lakhs.
Hello,

If you are looking purely for saving fuel costs, I will suggest to by a good petrol sedan & install a CNG kit of your choice.

The reason is increasing diesel prices & distinct possibility of de-regulation of diesel prices in near future.

There are quite a good petrol sedans like SX4 & Swift Dzire available in used car market. A word of caution, do not go for a car in which CNG kit is already installed. Buy a petrol only car & get a good CNG kit installed.

Thanks,
Old 25th November 2013, 13:01   #8572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Chances of getting a well maintained diesel hatch at 3l is quite hard. Rather, i'll suggest you to buy a used diesel sedan and plonk a cng kit in it. You can look at, city dolphin one or accent. Just buy one with less then 50k clicks on odo and you'll be good to go for another 50k, as this car hardly need any maintenance and are fairly reliable.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:29   #8573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramessh View Post
Guys,

I am looking at buying a used Ford Ikon Flairfrom a known contact.

It's a 2008 petrol model and has 19k on the odometer. The owner is from TVS, and he has been using his company services to maintain it. Hence it looks pretty new and well maintained. Despite everything, the owner admits that it returns only 8-9km mileage per litre. He was asking around 2.2 lakhs for it, but is ready to sell if off for 2 lakhs after negotiation.

All said and done, I thought the price was pretty okay. I have looked at used Santros and Altos for prices around 2.4 lakhs in Chennai and I thought this was a pretty good deal.

What do you think?
I have been using Ford Ikon Flair since 2006 and it has been a great car altogether. I get it serviced once a year/10000 Kms and spend about 5-6K on service from Ford Service Center. Its a no nonsense car and a good handler. The mileage it returns with A/c in city is 10-11KMPL and on highways its 15-16KMPL. The car which you are looking is with 19K on the ODO... its very low mileage. I have done 70K till date and still its going strong (Only had to change tyres and battery and once O2 Sensor). I dont know about the prevailing prices in Chennai but the car would be a good buy. Its couple of segments above an Alto and driving pleasure would be couple of notches above a Santro.
Old 25th November 2013, 21:35   #8574

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Guys, I am getting a Hyundai Accent Viva CRDI, 2006 model which have ran around 57000 km. I have driven it, it drives good, no major rattles, as expected the three potpot diesel engine was a bit noisy.
After negotiation we have decided on 1.55 k. Is it a reasonable price. The seller looks genuine, what all things should I look out for. Please help me.
Someone please help me on this. My friends are telling me that this car is really expensive to maintain. But I liked it when I drove it. Please suggest whether its a good option or not.
Old 25th November 2013, 21:50   #8575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Someone please help me on this. My friends are telling me that this car is really expensive to maintain. But I liked it when I drove it. Please suggest whether its a good option or not.

I used the Petrol Accent for five years till August last year. Sold it off at 60k on the ODO. The main areas of service after 50K were the front and rear shockers , belts and minor items. Typical service cost after every 7k-9k was around 4000(excluding the items mentioned above). Please avoid the Hyundai Service centers . Their service costs are atrocious. Accent is thought to be expensive but I found it to be at par with my Beat ( The beat beating it most of the times in term of higher cost of service ).

Regarding the diesel Viva, one of my close relatives owns one for the last 10+ years. Still going strong at 1.5L kms. Not heard of too high service costs from him. Will check and pm you. The engine is Peugeot sourced ( I think?) and is pretty basic which in other terms means easy repairs and diagnoses.

Hope this helps!!
model-t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 22:32   #8576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Hey guys,
So my uncle is *looking* for a used Chevy Forester.
First let's get somethings sorted out, he lives in Delhi, and already has 3 cars.
So you can sort of take this car as more of a fancy of his.
The used price check here on T-BHP says roughly 4-5 lacs.
Wanted to know how, where good places to search( apart from the internet of course) and spares and service issues. Any inputs will be appreciated
Thanks.
Good to see the interest in the Forester . Parts are an issue in Bangalore (not sure about Delhi) but Many of the GM centers still service the Forester. I think the price must be (roughly) from 2.5 lacs for a high mileage example to about 5-5.5 for a low mileage/wel kept car. Blue colour Forester in the T-Bhp classified looks good and it is worth taking a look at that.
Old 25th November 2013, 23:12   #8577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-t View Post
The engine is Peugeot sourced ( I think?) and is pretty basic which in other terms means easy repairs and diagnoses.!
Actually it is a Detroit Diesel motor and it's not at all basic. It's a modern CRDI engine. The Peugeot unit you are talking was used on the Accent DLS. It's the same engine from the 309 and also used on the Esteem D, Zen D and the Premier Rio.
Live To Jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 04:30   #8578
BHPian

What should be the price for a 2009 Fabia 1.4 PD Diesel Elegance model with Sun Roof in Goa, pretty good condition, done 70k kms.
Consider that Fabia has phased out and PD engines were shelved long back.
Also what should be the expected mileage on highways?

Also these were selling at close to 8 L or more back then w/o much discounts.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 26th November 2013 at 04:38.
Old 26th November 2013, 09:23   #8579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
What should be the price for a 2009 Fabia 1.4 PD Diesel Elegance model with Sun Roof in Goa, pretty good condition, done 70k kms.
Consider that Fabia has phased out and PD engines were shelved long back.
Also what should be the expected mileage on highways?

Also these were selling at close to 8 L or more back then w/o much discounts.
Its resale is lower than the Swift diesel. Mileage of 70K is on the higher side too. About 2.5-3L should be OK. In Bangalore it would sell for 3-3.5L. Since in Goa there isn't much difference in petrol and diesel, but if the car is in really good shape and you like it then you can pay a little more but nothing more than 3L.
PD engines are robust and give good efficiency of 20kms/ltr + on highways so you should be happy for the next 1L kms or more if you take good care of it.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 11:21   #8580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Hello,

Rs. 3 lacs will be a good price for 2009 Skoda Fabia 1.4 PD Diesel Elegance.

As the ODO reading is on higher side (70,000 kms) get the car throughly checked & I feel the second tyre change will be due soon.

I will also suggest to search for some used 2008 / 2009 Maruti Swift Diesel cars.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks