Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:28   #8761
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Folks,

I'm looking to buy a used Jetta. I came across a used car with the following details:
1. Model year - 2012; Purchased in May 2013
2. Jetta Comfortline 2.0 TDI
3. 6200 km's

Following updates/modifications made to the car:
- Seller has changed wheels to OZ 16" and tyres to Yoko AVS DB's
- He has also updated the HU to the Blaupunkt 835
- LED DRL's added to projector lamps

I'm a little leery about the upgrades since I hear that dealers use these as an excuse to void warranty. Thoughts?

In any case, assuming that the car is in good condition, what do you think is a good price to pay? The car has comprehensive insurance valid until May 2014.

Cheers,
BITF

Last edited by BackInTheFold : 2nd January 2014 at 11:44. Reason: Added details on modifications
Old 4th January 2014, 01:04   #8762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hi All,
I would like some help on price of Karnataka registered used Chevy Cruze LTZ AT
2010/2011 model.
The price check tool on team bhp classifields quotes
8.36 - 9.72 lakhs for 2010 model LTZ AT
9.14 - 10.52 lakhs for 2011 model LTZ AT
The asking price on used car websites like carwale is much higher than the above for example the asking price is 12.5 lakhs for 2010 model LTZ AT and 14 lakhs for 2011 model LTZ AT. Most of these high quotes are by dealers so what would be a realistic price.
Someone please advice.
I am looking at a Karnataka registered december 2011 Cruze LTZ AT run 32000 kms. What would be a fair price for it.
Old 4th January 2014, 09:39   #8763
BHPian

Quote:

Someone please advice.
I am looking at a Karnataka registered december 2011 Cruze LTZ AT run 32000 kms. What would be a fair price for it.
What ever value you fix I doubt you will get this car for less than 11L in Bangalore, remember, Chevy loses resale very fast, a 40% - 50% depreciation on this (almost 3yrs old) car from OTR price that time should be good.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 09:43   #8764
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Someone please advice. I am looking at a Karnataka registered december 2011 Cruze LTZ AT run 32000 kms. What would be a fair price for it.
As it's a 3 year old Chevy AT and considering the prices in Karnataka anything between 9-10 lakhs should be good. I gave a rough estimation, I hope you have checked the carwale and tbhp valuator.
All the best

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 17:24   #8765
BHPian

Hey everyone,

Any idea what one should pay for a Laura TSI, Jan 2013 registered/ May 2012 manufactured; done about 10,000kms?

Thanks again!
Old 5th January 2014, 00:30   #8766
BHPian

How much can we pay for a 2011 BMW 520d clocked 40000kms with all 4 new tyres in mint condition. It's a highline model single owner Pondicherry registered car. The owner would have bought is for about 40L OTR at that point if time(I assume it).
Old 5th January 2014, 16:37   #8767
Senior - BHPian

My actual hunt for a pre-worshipped Innova started today. Though I had received quotes from agent earlier he arranged for a TD today. Car details are as follows:

Year - 2006
Running - 86K km
Variant - G4
Colour - Champagne Mica Metallic
Registration - MH12
Insurance validity - Oct 2014
Owner - Single owner
Price quoted - 7.0 lacs

This car has fog lamps (I guess this is aftermarket, but looks like factory fitted), rear spoiler. Remote locking fitted. Car is very meticulously maintained. Owner said all the service history is available. Car serviced from DSK Toyota only. Car very spic & span. Tyres Michelin XM1+. Though they looked new, on closer observation I found the manufacturing month/year as 4209, meaning 42th week of 2009. However they seem to be sparingly used as good tread is still visible on the tyres. The dash looked almost as if from a new car. Since my budget was 6 lakhs max, I have stretched it by another 50K looking at the car condition. I am now waiting a response from the agent/owner to give me his final offer. The only hitch with his model is it does not have ABS brakes. Friends could you please give your opinion if the 6.5 lacs quoted by my is worth it? If the owner does not budge anything below 7 lacs, then should I look elsewhere? (Note: He started from 7 lacs & have stuck to it). Posting below few pictures for your reference.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2492.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2504.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2505.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2534.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2535.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2536.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2537.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2539.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-dscn2554.jpg
Old 5th January 2014, 16:43   #8768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
My actual hunt for a pre-worshipped Innova started today. Though I had received quotes from agent earlier he arranged for a TD today. Car details are as follows:

Year - 2006
Running - 86K km
7L sounds a little too much to me. But then most Innovas are priced like that. Why don't you check out some more vehicles before putting down your money? If you intend to keep this one for a long time then you might want to look for a model with ABS atleast. Trust me on highway speeds, the Innova doesn't inspire too much confidence due to the higher centre of gravity coupled with small tyres. As far as this car goes, I feel the price should be more around 6-6.25L.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 17:03   #8769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
7L sounds a little too much to me. But then most Innovas are priced like that. Why don't you check out some more vehicles before putting down your money? If you intend to keep this one for a long time then you might want to look for a model with ABS atleast. Trust me on highway speeds, the Innova doesn't inspire too much confidence due to the higher centre of gravity coupled with small tyres. As far as this car goes, I feel the price should be more around 6-6.25L.
Thank you drmohitg for your prompt response & your honest opinion. I do intend to keep it at least for the next 5 years or till such a time it gives me troublefree service (age not withstanding). I agree that 7 lacs is very high for a 2006 model (& that too without ABS). The Innova will mostly be driven on highways, along with family, so even I am preferring an ABS variant, but unfortunately, only the top end "V" comes with ABS & the quotes for "V' are very high.

Anyways, given the very good condition of this particular vehicle & some add-on features, I would go for it only at 6.5 lacs, since I have already put that figure on the table, won't go for anything beyond that.
Old 5th January 2014, 17:13   #8770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, given the very good condition of this particular vehicle & some add-on features, I would go for it only at 6.5 lacs, since I have already put that figure on the table, won't go for anything beyond that.
The pricing is actually not that much off the mark. For instance my 2006 Innova ( without ABS) and done 1.2L kms is going for 5L in Delhi. And I am the second owner. So the price you are paying is not that much higher compared to mine. And mine is a G2 model although I have no idea about the differences that time between the Innova variants.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 18:04   #8771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The pricing is actually not that much off the mark. For instance my 2006 Innova ( without ABS) and done 1.2L kms is going for 5L in Delhi. And I am the second owner. So the price you are paying is not that much higher compared to mine. And mine is a G2 model although I have no idea about the differences that time between the Innova variants.
Thanks for sharing that info drmohitg. Any idea if the lower variants of the Innova can be fitted with an ABS module/kit at the Toyota Authorized Service Centre? Has anyone tried that? Has it been successful?
Old 5th January 2014, 18:21   #8772
BHPian

Autoindian, that Innova looks really clean and well maintained. 84K for a 2006 Innova is not much and its been an owner driven car too.
However, I do feel that you should get all mechanicals checked. Single owner private cars tend to be running on all original belts, bearings, clutch etc. However well maintained, these are wearable parts. You shouldn't get stuck with a worn out clutch or a belt (especially timing belt) thats reached its end.
So, I suggest getting it checked independently and then offering 6.5L. I doubt the owner will get anything more than that.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 18:25   #8773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for sharing that info drmohitg. Any idea if the lower variants of the Innova can be fitted with an ABS module/kit at the Toyota Authorized Service Centre? Has anyone tried that? Has it been successful?
Absolutely no idea. Is that even possible? I guess not. Otherwise won't all the lower variants of every car go for this option? Safety features are used to lure customers into spending more and going for fully loaded variants in our country.
Old 5th January 2014, 19:30   #8774
PKH
BHPian

Hello All,
What would you think is a good price for a Volvo S80 D5 2009 model with 55000 Kms in the ODO.
Car Wale states a fair price to be 22,50,000 and Our own TBHP Classifieds used car valuations does not have Volvo S80 D5 listed in 2009 and the earliest listing is for a 2011 Volvo S80 D5 is Rs. 19.85 - Rs. 22.17 lakhs.
My current budget is around 20 lakhs and the seller is quoting around 23 lakhs should I go for this after extending my budget or should I look else where for a Merc or a BMW in 20 Lakhs range?
My primary concern is the reliability of a Volvo S80 as its already close to 5 years and since Volvo churns out less numbers will they continue for long in India and will there be a constraint in buying spares or servicing the car.
Old 5th January 2014, 22:14   #8775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: The agent called me an hour back, saying that the owner has come down to 6.9 lacs. I told the agent that I have already stretched my budget by a considerable amount (50K) & come mid way. Now the owner needs to show the same courtesy & come down by at least 50K. 6.5 lacs is the golden median. He said that the owner was not keen on selling this vehicle. He has asked for 2 more days time to give his final decision then, now the ball is in his court.

I have clearly told the agent that if the owner agrees for 6.5 lacs we will close the deal immediately else we will look elsewhere.

Most Viewed