Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 12:41   #8926
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I was checking out this tool and the low prices that should up for the car that I own made me more inquisitive, about the validity of the numbers that the site threw at me. A lot of other sites seemed to be more realistic ( meaning the numbers what I want to believe in ) & I wish I could get back with some authentic analysis from team-bhp. The forum should present authentic believable tools.
Old 12th February 2014, 15:39   #8927
BHPian

Hello everyone, need some help, I have come across a used Automatic Diesel Laura, the car is 3 and a half years old, EXACT! The car has done 44,000 odd kms.

Its not the top-end model, the car is in mint condition with tyres replaced at 36,000kms and the owner has the complete service history. The owner of the car is quoting 6.5L, also one overcoat has been done, but no accidental history.

Is the price right for the above car? My mind is totally reclined towards this car.

Regards,
Yash Jain
Old 12th February 2014, 19:13   #8928

Yash, this seems a little too good to be true. Be careful, which city are you in? Also, why overcoat...does not make sense. Double check on the accident history or mileage.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:12   #8929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Hello everyone, need some help, I have come across a used Automatic Diesel Laura, the car is 3 and a half years old, EXACT! The car has done 44,000 odd kms.

Its not the top-end model, the car is in mint condition with tyres replaced at 36,000kms and the owner has the complete service history. The owner of the car is quoting 6.5L, also one overcoat has been done, but no accidental history.

Is the price right for the above car? My mind is totally reclined towards this car.

Regards,
Yash Jain
The price is not as lucrative as it sounds. So its a mid 2009 car - the first lot of the previous gen Laura with 1.9 TDI engine (and not 2.0 TDI CR). That engine has been phased out from India and also produces lower power (105 hp against 140 on the 2.0). There is avery noticeable difference in driving of the two engines on the automatic. If I am not wrong then the 2.0 CR engine came on towards late 2009.

Also there is absolutely no need for an overcoat on a Skoda as the paint quality on these cars is superb. So that is a huge red flag in my opinion. Skoda automatics have terrible resale values so dont let the price fool you and do your due diligence on the car very well. Because if you dont do that then the car can burn a huge hole in your pocket and that 6.5L can very quickly go to 10L and above.
Old 13th February 2014, 16:33   #8930
BHPian

Hello guys thanks for your valuable feedback's.
One thing I am sure about is that it doesn't have any accidental history with Skoda.
If ever it has been repaired outside, then I have no evidence of the same.

And the overcoat was done at Skoda itself and still it does not have a accidental history means this car was not in a accident state when given for overcoat.
Old 13th February 2014, 16:50   #8931
Senior - BHPian

@yashcosmos, I think the price is right as this is the previoud gen 1.9 engine.

My friend too sold his Laura l&k AT for about 8.5L in 2012. He had paid 18.75L OTR Ahmedabad in 2009. His car had clocked 38k kms when he sold it off. He was fed up with the Skoda A.S.S. So @ 38k kms for 8.5L in 2012, i think 44k kms @ 6.5L sounds just about right.

Regards,
Old 13th February 2014, 20:11   #8932

Any advice on what I should expect for a Oct 2007 purchased Honda City ZX GXi MT? Condition is mostly pretty good - no accidents. Clutch is hard and may need replacing (was quoted Rs 15k @ the service center). The steering rubberized material is wearing off and shedding in crumbs. Minor scratches/dents/paint wear-off etc here and there.

I was offered 2.2 L (max) at First Choice used car dealers. Reg : Mumbai.
Old 14th February 2014, 07:45   #8933
BHPian

Hi, what shud be right price to buy a BMW 320d purchased by the owner in September 2013. The car has clocked approx 200 km. The owneri s asking for 24-25 Lacs. Teambhp tool shows a value of approx 20-21. Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 08:16   #8934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Hi, what shud be right price to buy a BMW 320d purchased by the owner in September 2013. The car has clocked approx 200 km. The owneri s asking for 24-25 Lacs. Teambhp tool shows a value of approx 20-21. Thanks
Which variant is this? If its the base model then is it with or without Xenons? The ones without Xenons went at around 29-30L OTR with Delhi registration after discounts. So counting that in my advice is to go and grab this deal. You can also opt for BSI for 5 years and enjoy the car to the fullest. Only do check on why the owner wants to sell the car with just 200 kms? Price of 24-25L sounds correct to me. Ideally the maximum depreciation that you can is 20% for just 6 months. Even then 24L is a very sweet deal. Do establish the condition of the car as to me the deal sounds too good to be true.
Old 17th February 2014, 22:42   #8935
BHPian

Hello people,
I'm planning to upgrade from a Civic 1.8 V-MT to a Superb AT.
Really sick of the bumper to bumper traffic in Delhi and the power delivery at low RPMs. I thought I would never go for an automatic but then I drove my friend's Polo GTI and the AT just makes life so much more easier.

I have seen couple of cars, one has got my attention.

It's a 2011 1.8 TSI AT
Silverish Grey color
Clocked around 41K Kms
Asking price: 10.50 lacs

Overall condition is very good, the gear shift is flawless (super smooth) and the car seems really tight. The owner has told me that Mechatronics was replaced a while back.

I would need your help in making a definitive call on going ahead with the purchase.

1. Is 41K nothing<1/4 life<1/2 life for a Skoda engine
2. Does the 2011 model have the DSG failure issue. Since the same has been replaced does it mean peace of mind.
3. What is the average cost of a regular service after every 15k kms
4. What are the absolute essential checks (WRT Superb) I should do before committing?

An early reply from the team would be a huge help as i intend to close the deal this weekend.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 17th February 2014, 23:32   #8936

Hi All,

Have an offer from a friend for a 2011 March Ford Figo DuroTec ZXI
Car is in good condition (No accidents/scratches), has been run 41K Kms
Haven't checked the tyres/engines thoroughly etc.

My friend is willing to let it go for 3.4 Lakhs. Is this a good deal?

Early replies would be appreciated!! (I will get it thoroughly checked by a good mechanic before buying though).

Thank You
Old 18th February 2014, 10:11   #8937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Hi All,

Early replies would be appreciated!! (I will get it thoroughly checked by a good mechanic before buying though).

Thank You
Duratec being the petrol Figo, I think the price quoted by your friend is on the higher side. Figo petrols normally sell for less than a Swift/i10 petrol of similar vintage. Further, at 41k probably the tyres are up for a change. Hence I would belive a good price is 2.8-2.9L max assuming no other problems with the car

also which city is this ? your location says "HELL" - that could be anywhere in India.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 10:55   #8938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
2011 1.8 TSI AT
Silverish Grey color
Clocked around 41K Kms

Overall condition is very good, the gear shift is flawless (super smooth) and the car seems really tight. The owner has told me that Mechatronics was replaced a while back.

I would need your help in making a definitive call on going ahead with the purchase.

2. Does the 2011 model have the DSG failure issue. Since the same has been replaced does it mean peace of mind.
4. What are the absolute essential checks (WRT Superb) I should do before committing?

An early reply from the team would be a huge help as i intend to close the deal this weekend.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi.

1. VAG engines are fantastic, it's the rest of the car that can fail around it as it ages. 41K really is nothing in terms of age for the engine alone, but it's the rest of the car you should be focussed on checking out.

2. The mechatronics on this particular Superb has failed once already, so any subsequent failure will not be covered under goodwill warranty. If you are looking at a VAG car equipped with a DSG, like the Superb, go for a diesel instead. Their gearboxes have far lower failure rates. VAG has said that a change of oil in the gearbox has sorted the DSG failures we have seen, but it's too soon to tell if they are correct.

3. There are several ownership threads on the Superb, reading through them or asking this question on there will get you a quicker answer.

4. Same as point 3

Good luck!
Old 18th February 2014, 10:56   #8939
BHPian

Hi guys,
Anyone willing to answer my query please. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknebula View Post
Hello people,
I'm planning to upgrade from a Civic 1.8 V-MT to a Superb AT.
Really sick of the bumper to bumper traffic in Delhi and the power delivery at low RPMs. I thought I would never go for an automatic but then I drove my friend's Polo GTI and the AT just makes life so much more easier.

I have seen couple of cars, one has got my attention.

It's a 2011 1.8 TSI AT
Silverish Grey color
Clocked around 41K Kms

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 18th February 2014, 11:46   #8940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Hi All,

Thank You
Nothing more than 2.7, max 2.8(for friend factor ).
FYI I sold my May 2010 Figo DuraTec ZXI 6 months ago for 2.9 Lakhs in Bangalore(amongst highest resale value markets) loaded with accessories worth 60K and only covered 19500 odd kms (no accidents, just a couple of scratches)

Last edited by racer_m : 18th February 2014 at 11:49.
racer_m is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed