Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 17:53   #9001
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well to be honest , I don't think anyone here can tell you the ideal resale price for the Innova and Fortuner. They command insane resale prices. So it all depends on how much the seller is willing to budge and how much you want the car. The condition of the car looks fair according to your description. I feel 6.5L is more than enough price for this car. Aren't you able to find any direct buyers?
Thank you drmohitg for your feedback. I share the same thought process as yours. I am ready to budge till 6.75L, but that is the maximum I can go. I am very unlucky in the sense, not able to get hold of a direct seller. Innovas in any case command insane premiums and knowing this dealers/agents add their inflated margins. I am pretty sure the owner in this case would be demanding around 6.5 to 6.75L & since there are two agents involved they want to extract at least one lakh margin.

I am not in no hurry, so I won't fall prey to the insane prices being quoted for used Innovas. Moreover people like you & other TBHPians are here to help me out to understand the ground realities. Hence I am ready to wait till the time I can strike the best deal.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:20   #9002
Senior - BHPian

Used T Jet's have quite a poor resale it seems, see http://www.olx.in/q/tjet/c-378

As low as 5 lacs in Delhi. In Bangalore , prices are relatively better at 6+ lacs.

Maybe I'll be purchasing one of these a couple of years down the line.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:36   #9003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you drmohitg for your feedback. I share the same thought process as yours. I am ready to budge till 6.75L, but that is the maximum I can go.
Some time back I called the agent & told him that my budget was 6.5L, but after seeing the car I am ready to stretch till 6.75L. That is my limit. He said car is very good & cannot go under 7.5L. I told him then that I am not interested & the deal stands cancelled.

I think I will now stop my hunt of used Innovas through agents. These guys vouch for the cars & offer them at insanely high prices. Now I will go for a used Innova only if I come across a direct seller/owner. No more agents for me . Bye bye
Old 7th March 2014, 19:47   #9004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some time back I called the agent & told him that my budget was 6.5L, but after seeing the car I am ready to stretch till 6.75L. That is my limit. He said car is very good & cannot go under 7.5L. I told him then that I am not interested & the deal stands cancelled.

I think I will now stop my hunt of used Innovas through agents. These guys vouch for the cars & offer them at insanely high prices. Now I will go for a used Innova only if I come across a direct seller/owner. No more agents for me . Bye bye
Good decision. I have never been able to trust these dealers. If one is not in a hurry then its always better to contact the seller directly. These dealers buy off the cars at a really low price and will give all sort of excuses for the low valuation at time of buying from you and vice verse if you are the seller.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 20:49   #9005
BHPian

Quote:

Check the papers of the Innova and the remember the name and address of the. try to find him/her personally and get the direct deal done if you are really keen on the same vehicle. Cut the dealer you would save atleast 50K-75K as nowadays the margin of dealers is too high trying to cover their entire monthly income in one deal.
yogisays0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 21:06   #9006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Check the papers of the Innova and the remember the name and address of the. try to find him/her personally and get the direct deal done if you are really keen on the same vehicle. Cut the dealer you would save atleast 50K-75K as nowadays the margin of dealers is too high trying to cover their entire monthly income in one deal.
Hi yogisays0909. I have taken a snap of the Registration Smart Card. So I have the name and address of the owner & I can directly get in touch with him. But then I don't want to indulge in such malpractices for the sake of saving the 50-75K odd sum. Secondly you never know the owner might have already sold his vehicle to the dealer in cash & given his signatures on relevant forms & blank papers (most dealers operate in that fashion). Even though owner tells you his selling price, it won't be of any use as you cannot purchase it at that price from him.
Old 8th March 2014, 01:51   #9007
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you drmohitg for your feedback. I share the same thought process as yours. I am ready to budge till 6.75L, but that is the maximum I can go. I am very unlucky in the sense, not able to get hold of a direct seller. Innovas in any case command insane premiums and knowing this dealers/agents add their inflated margins. I am pretty sure the owner in this case would be demanding around 6.5 to 6.75L & since there are two agents involved they want to extract at least one lakh margin.

I am not in no hurry, so I won't fall prey to the insane prices being quoted for used Innovas. Moreover people like you & other TBHPians are here to help me out to understand the ground realities. Hence I am ready to wait till the time I can strike the best deal.

Why are you considering a G4, please look out for top line V, + safety features like abs and airbag are not upgrade able later

be patient you will find something for your price for sure. Even if you get 2005 model it is fine, but it would be good if the odo is lesser clocked

Minor dents are no big deal

Also you would get complete service history from the ASC
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 09:01   #9008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Why are you considering a G4, please look out for top line V, + safety features like abs and airbag are not upgrade able later

be patient you will find something for your price for sure. Even if you get 2005 model it is fine, but it would be good if the odo is lesser clocked

Minor dents are no big deal

Also you would get complete service history from the ASC
with you Anupam. Even I would anytime prefer the top line V model as the safety features offered in that are of prime importance. One such car is also on the offer, but not immediately. It would be out for sale only in the month of Oct 2014. It is a Oct 2011, V model, might be offered at around 8-8.5 lacs. Well, if I don't get any other car till that time, then surely will go for this one.
Old 9th March 2014, 19:18   #9009
BHPian

Hey BHPians!

My friend (non-BHPian) wants to sell his diesel 2010 Skoda Laura CR MT in Bangalore run about 20k kms. The car is in mint condition. He has never faced any problems with the car whatsoever. But he is having to get rid of it because of his travel pattern. How much should he expect for it given the fact that Skodas are usually not considered reliable?
Old 10th March 2014, 10:15   #9010
BHPian

What should be the fair price for a Honda City 2012 VMT done 11K on the odo. The dealer is quoting 7.15Lac which I feel is high. Also insurance is due this month.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:58   #9011
Senior - BHPian

Guys, has anyone seen any Duster in the used car market??

If yes, what is the price a RxZ or RxL is going at in Mumbai?? Olx postings seems to indicate that Duster is holding its resale value quite well!!
Old 10th March 2014, 13:32   #9012
BHPian

A friend of mine is looking a pre-owned Civic.

He's got a quote of 4.8L (Navi Mumbai registered) for a 2008 VMT which has run 42k.

Think its fair?
Old 10th March 2014, 16:16   #9013

Finally zeroed in on a 2009 Fiesta this past weekend. The last round of confusion was killing me as I had to choose between a 2010 Manza, 50K run & 2009 Fiesta 60K run with identical pricing. Every logic was in favour of Manza, but something didn't feel right. Somewhere something was missing when i drove it

So made up my mind about the Fiesta and took the vehicle on Sunday

Thanks to everyone here at TBHP who have helped me immensely in taking the call.
sudeepch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 20:27   #9014
BHPian

Is it worth to go for a 2010 toyota fortuner by toyota utrust for 17 lac done around 30k kms?
Old 10th March 2014, 20:46   #9015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Is it worth to go for a 2010 toyota fortuner by toyota utrust for 17 lac done around 30k kms?
It is definitely worth especially if it is from Toyota Utrust. A new Fortuner would cost you at least 25L on road. This used Fortuner has done only 30K kms in 3 years, so average running is lesser than 10K per yer (which is nothing). In short this Fortuner is almost as new. You are getting it at a price, which is less than 70% of the price of a new Fortuner. Though the standard company warranty (of 3 years/1,00,000 kms) might have expired, uTrust will give you at least 6 months warranty after proper servicing. One of the TBHPian, Contrapunto has very good experience of taking a used Innova from UTrust.

In my opinion you can go for it.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed