Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 18:35   #9076
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@Ratheesh, Am not convinced about all the points you have been told of.

1. Take VIN Number / Veh number & check in T.A.S.S for service history. You will then get to know if the running is 90k / more.

2. Stock tyres were often Bridgestone S689. The year & month of manufacture would be stamped on the tyre side-wall. Check it out. The stamp should be about 2-3 months before manufacture date of veh. ( A good guideline only)

2a. No guarantee that these were the same original tyres that came with veh.

2b. 90k running with the tyres is possible. My OE Bridgestone S689 on my Sumo Victa were changed after 95k

2c. Like @Swiftnfurious said, tyres that have run 90k cannot have 50% tread left.

Can you increase your budget ? I had come to know of a good one for about 6.5L recently. (approx 2008-2009 model)
Old 27th March 2014, 21:40   #9077

Could you please give me details of the safari you are talking about. Thank you very much for giving me insights.I will verify all those stuff before I go any forward.
Old 28th March 2014, 11:08   #9078
BHPian

Hi

How much one should expect for end 2009 Swift VXI clocked around 12K on Odo Mumbai registered car
And
2012 beginning Liva G petrol clocked around 18K again mumbai registered.

Out of these two which one should be picked ? Considering Vehicle will be primarily used to learn & will not hit the highway any time in coming six months
Any additional pointers are welcome.
Old 28th March 2014, 16:27   #9079
BHPian

Planning to exchange my 2004 model black Santro Xing. First owner 131k kms run. Average condition exterior wise. Engine is great. Needs new tires and a service. Been offered 65k for exchange with a Grand i10 by the dealer. Is it okay?
Old 28th March 2014, 16:34   #9080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Planning to exchange my 2004 model black Santro Xing. First owner 131k kms run. Average condition exterior wise. Engine is great. Needs new tires and a service. Been offered 65k for exchange with a Grand i10 by the dealer. Is it okay?
Dealer will always quote way too low prices. If you can find an individual buyer, you can easily get upto 80K. The Santro is still very much in production & in demand. If you go with the dealer then the exchange will be hassle free & the dealer will arrange for all the formalities, but then you stand to loose at least 15 to 20K. Choice is yours
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 17:42   #9081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Try to get loyalty bonus, exchange bonus and some freebies for your new car. Also try to raise amount to 70-75. Don't make any urgency from your side. Let them come behind you. I am sure you will be able to get the better deal out of this.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 13:49   #9082

Hi, how much can I expect for my 2008 Innova G4 8 seater that has run around 103000kms. It also comes registered with a VIP number. The dealers here in chennai are quoting an asking price of 7.2 to 7.5 lakhs. Thank you!
Old 30th March 2014, 01:44   #9083
BHPian

Hyundai Verna Diesel 2008 62K

Hi All,

I am having to sell my faithful Verna :( Please help with reasonable price; details below:
> Hyundai Verna CRDI SX (without ABS but top model otherwise)
> Done 62K kms
> Maintenance is perfect
> 2008 model
> Tyres changed 6 months ago and it has run less than ~6K since tyre change
> Delhi location and registration

Thanks!
Aman
Old 30th March 2014, 11:14   #9084
BHPian

Dear all, I need a spare/backup vehicle, I am ok with used, but want the lowest entry cost, also, should be low on maintenance and have power steering, ac etc

I was thinking of Palio but wanted to check for other options as well

Brethren .. Pl. suggest
Old 30th March 2014, 12:12   #9085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Dear all, I need a spare/backup vehicle, I am ok with used, but want the lowest entry cost, also, should be low on maintenance and have power steering, ac etc

Why not something from MSIL? Old Alto, Zen, WagonR, Esteem or even the humble 800. Otherwise few other used cars that you may find at dirt cheap prices are old Accent, Ikon, Corsa, Lancer etc. The options are endless. What is the budget you have in mind?
Old 30th March 2014, 12:47   #9086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Brethren .. Pl. suggest
Please stay away from the palio, the amount of time you will spend on maintainence will make this vehicle qualify as your primary vehicle. Hyundai / Maruti should serve your needs well.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 15:48   #9087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why not something from MSIL? Old Alto, Zen, WagonR, Esteem or even the humble 800. Otherwise few other used cars that you may find at dirt cheap prices are old Accent, Ikon, Corsa, Lancer etc. The options are endless. What is the budget you have in mind?

Also quoting 2000rpm

Don't know how to multi-quote through a iPad

Well, I had a zen and santro earlier but did away.

Ok, let me add one more criteria, "high seating"

Wagon r wld be fine but I was thinking of around 50-60 k +/-
Old 30th March 2014, 18:15   #9088
BHPian

Quote:
Also quoting 2000rpm

Don't know how to multi-quote through a iPad

Well, I had a zen and santro earlier but did away.

Ok, let me add one more criteria, "high seating"

Wagon r wld be fine but I was thinking of around 50-60 k +/-
The only high seating car with low maintenance and probably good condition is Nano. You can find 2011 models with 10-15k on odometer at this price
Finding old Zen in this cost is rare, you won't find good Wagon R at this price or even a Santro
Old 30th March 2014, 21:20   #9089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Dealer will always quote way too low prices. If you can find an individual buyer, you can easily get upto 80K. The Santro is still very much in production & in demand. If you go with the dealer then the exchange will be hassle free & the dealer will arrange for all the formalities, but then you stand to loose at least 15 to 20K. Choice is yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Try to get loyalty bonus, exchange bonus and some freebies for your new car. Also try to raise amount to 70-75.
There is no offer on the Grand.There is no support from Hyundai's side for loyalty & exchange bonus on Grand & Xcent at the moment. If I was buying an i20, my Santro would have been worth 30k more in exchange.
I am getting 70k from the dealer(forgot to mention in the earlier it's an XP, base model). I'm okay with it. I don't have the time and I don't think the effort is worth the extra ~10k I can get if I sell it privately. The dealer is going to facilitate the transfer of my 50% NCB and I can keep the car till the time of delivery (2 weeks). They did throw in free seat covers.
Plus, they asked me to get a third party insurance worth 1.5-2k for the Santro at the time of hand over, since I am transferring existing insurance. Is that the norm?

Last edited by promit : 30th March 2014 at 21:22.
Old 31st March 2014, 14:13   #9090
BHPian

Iam in look out for a small Automatic for my better half ( I10 or A-Star ) . I have a deal from True value for A-Star auto (3.2L with 37500km ) . Checked the car personally and i felt a big vibration when slotted 'D' , this was not consistent though ( 2 out of 5 times i tried ) . Now iam little scared about life time of a torque converter boxes . should i look for a less run car , may be < 20k kms ? or this is very specific to car i checked ?!

Most Viewed