Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 17:00   #9091
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrcrazy View Post
Hi, how much can I expect for my 2008 Innova G4 8 seater that has run around 103000kms. It also comes registered with a VIP number. The dealers here in chennai are quoting an asking price of 7.2 to 7.5 lakhs. Thank you!
@pgrcrazy, 7.2-7.5L is a fair price.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 18:46   #9092
BHPian

A relative of mine intends to sell off his Black Safari VX Dec 2012 model. Has done 25K KM's and is in impeccable condition. What would be a reasonable amount he can expect?

Not a distress sale so he can wait till he is able to fetch a decent amount, but we need to know what price range to expect.

Also, I have another query in case someone has experience. Would a dealer give a fair price for it if we asked him to get us another used vehicle as replacement (specifically, the Fortuner). Does this kind of a swap help get better resale or would selling and buying individually make more sense?
Old 31st March 2014, 21:09   #9093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
The only high seating car with low maintenance and probably good condition is Nano. You can find 2011 models with 10-15k on odometer at this price
Finding old Zen in this cost is rare, you won't find good Wagon R at this price or even a Santro
I think the 2011 time frame models of the Nano would have reliability issues. I have seen too many "broken down on the side of the road" copies of the Nano during that time frame.
Old 31st March 2014, 22:22   #9094
BHPian

What should be the cost of 2007 Santro Xing, base variant, 75000 KM on odo, registered in Haryana?
Old 31st March 2014, 22:48   #9095
BHPian

Hi, I'm planning to buy a premium used car, and after a few days of searching I found an ad for a Benz C 220.

It's 2008 model and has done 85k in the odo.
It has 4 new tyres.
Black color and everything is stock, nothing changed.
Life tax and kerala registration itself (i'm in kerala).
The car seems to be in pretty good condition.

The price asked is 15 lakh.

Is the car worth that price?
Also, compared to bmw and audi which has lower maintenance costs (regular periodical maintenance).
Old 31st March 2014, 22:58   #9096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
There is no offer on the Grand.There is no support from Hyundai's side for loyalty & exchange bonus on Grand & Xcent at the moment. If I was buying an i20, my Santro would have been worth 30k more in exchange.
Even I'm considering the Grand i10 and looking to exchange my Spark. No Hyundai dealer is offering any exchange bonus at all. I'm getting at least 15-20k exchange bonus on other cars.

Also, is it possible to transfer existing insurance with NCB to a brand new car? I have a Future Generali policy with 50% NCB and I'll transfer it if that's possible. What quote are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Iam in look out for a small Automatic for my better half ( I10 or A-Star ) . I have a deal from True value for A-Star auto (3.2L with 37500km ) . Checked the car personally and i felt a big vibration when slotted 'D' , this was not consistent though ( 2 out of 5 times i tried ) . Now iam little scared about life time of a torque converter boxes . should i look for a less run car , may be < 20k kms ? or this is very specific to car i checked ?!
What model year was the A-Star. True Value generally offers one year warranty on the engine and tranny. Or else you could even tell them to fix the problem before selling you the cars.
Old 1st April 2014, 02:58   #9097

Re: Cheap Thrills! Preowned Skoda Octavia vRS

Greetings everyone,

I am planing to buy Skoda Octavia Vrs. What should I pay for a single owner 2006 vrs with service record. Super condition
people are asking astronomical prices for the car.
I guess 1.5-2 lakh is good.
I checked out couple of vrs in Mumbai. I was into tears looking at the condition they were in. I had to walk away; please help me find a good Vrs. Before it is extinct.

Note From T-BHP Support: Please avoid typing...like...this... Dotty posts are discouraged on the Forum. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Thanks.

Please also note that your post has been moved to the appropriate thread. Please search before posting in other threads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st April 2014 at 10:18. Reason: see note in post
Old 1st April 2014, 07:43   #9098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Even I'm considering the Grand i10 and looking to exchange my Spark. No Hyundai dealer is offering any exchange bonus at all. I'm getting at least 15-20k exchange bonus on other cars.

Also, is it possible to transfer existing insurance with NCB to a brand new car? I have a Future Generali policy with 50% NCB and I'll transfer it if that's possible. What quote are you getting?
Get your car evaluated at a couple of dealers to get an idea of how much it is worth. Finalise on the colour and model of the Grand i10 and ask for some discount and freebies. I negotiated for a day and managed some. Also, ask for 5-10k more for your Spark if you are exchanging with the Hyundai dealer. They will increase their offer.

Yes it is possible to transfer existing insurance with NCB to the new car, if you are selling off the old one. You would need the certificate of 50% NCB and give a copy to the dealer. I have got a quote of 17.5k, which after deducting 50% NCB and adding taxes works out to about 60% of 17.5k. Zero dep cover (4k) is additional over and above this. Contact you insurance company for exact process and paperwork required.
Also, I had my old car's insurance renewed in Feb, I believe some amount of the old cars premium will be returned to me on surrendering the old policy. Hope this helps
Old 1st April 2014, 08:48   #9099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
A relative of mine intends to sell off his Black Safari VX Dec 2012 model. Has done 25K KM's and is in impeccable condition. What would be a reasonable amount he can expect?

Not a distress sale so he can wait till he is able to fetch a decent amount, but we need to know what price range to expect.

Also, I have another query in case someone has experience. Would a dealer give a fair price for it if we asked him to get us another used vehicle as replacement (specifically, the Fortuner). Does this kind of a swap help get better resale or would selling and buying individually make more sense?
Individually.
The dealer will make money off of you in either case. You'll all out extra cash if buying the forerunner from him, or your car will be hopelessly undervalued if you sell. Only good thing is you'll have immediate cash, but that's it.
Carwale will give you a good figure you expect when selling, you can try a couple of dealers and you'll see how low they go.
Put the car up on classifieds, here and other places, and put in completely detailed info and pictures. It may take a few weeks, but you'll be able to sell at a price you're comfortable with.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 11:53   #9100
BHPian

My friend wants to sell his 2002 Tata Safari which has done ~90k kms. It was sparsely used in last 2 years after he got his Vento. What can he expect? The city is Bangalore.
Old 1st April 2014, 12:24   #9101
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Looking for a learner car for wife. Need quick advice on the following deal.

2005 Zen Lxi (Tiger Model)
26150 kms run, with following features
- Factory fitted Pioneer stereo music system
- Air-conditioning
- Power windows/steering.
- All tyres in excellent condition
- central locking

What will be a fair price for the same??
Old 1st April 2014, 18:13   #9102
BHPian

How much will a Single owner 2012 Audi A4 2.0TDi fetch? it has clocked 20000kms and in mint condition. Its the topend version. Owner is asking 25L. Please suggest.

Last edited by zwift1819 : 1st April 2014 at 18:14. Reason: Forgot to add the version
Old 2nd April 2014, 01:44   #9103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi guys,

Looking for a learner car for wife. Need quick advice on the following deal.

2005 Zen Lxi (Tiger Model)
26150 kms run, with following features
- Factory fitted Pioneer stereo music system
- Air-conditioning
- Power windows/steering.
- All tyres in excellent condition
- central locking

What will be a fair price for the same??
Hi guys,

Any feedback on this. Want to close the deal today.
Old 2nd April 2014, 04:56   #9104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi guys,

Any feedback on this. Want to close the deal today.
I would have not gone beyond 1.5 lakhs provided the car has a clean history.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Himanshu
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:02   #9105
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking at selling our Skoda Superb
Details - 1.8 TSI /DSG Automatic / Petrol / Elegance model (Top end)/ 2010 model/37 K on ODO /Single owner / complete service history.

We love the car but due to lack of parking space, we are thinking of selling it.
What can be the price expected?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks