Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 15:24   #9136
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A good buy for 3.5-4L max.
Not a good deal at close to 5L.
The deal got finalized at 4.5L.
Old 11th April 2014, 22:25   #9137

Hi. I am thinking of purchasing a Dec 2012 Swift VXI from maruti true value. It has done about 16k kms and the price they are asking for is 4.35 L. The condition seems to be mint with goodies like a decent JVC system installed by the previous owner. It comes with the true value 1 year warranty as well as 3 free services. Any input will be appreciated. Should I go ahead with it? I am a 22 year old looking for a car to go office in and for weekend drives. I can also buy a new top end Wagon R for this price hence in a dilemma. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2014, 23:12   #9138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
One of my colleague is looking to purchase used Ford Fiesta SXi 2010 (Petrol).

Wanted to check if this is a good buy?

Anything else to check?
Be assured he will almost have to sell the car for peanuts when he has to sell it in the future. He is better off covering those losses by paying as litrtle as he can during the purchase. This car is not worth more than 3L. For 5L give n take, one must be looking at civic.
Old 11th April 2014, 23:26   #9139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathagat View Post
Hi. I am thinking of purchasing a Dec 2012 Swift VXI from maruti true value. It has done about 16k kms and the price they are asking for is 4.35 L. The condition seems to be mint with goodies like a decent JVC system installed by the previous owner. It comes with the true value 1 year warranty as well as 3 free services. Any input will be appreciated. Should I go ahead with it? I am a 22 year old looking for a car to go office in and for weekend drives. I can also buy a new top end Wagon R for this price hence in a dilemma. Thanks in advance.
The fair price for a car of this age and type would be 3.8 L or whereabouts. The K12 in the Swift is miles ahead of the K10(in the Wagon r) when it comes to refinement. The driving dynamics are also swayed towards the Swift.
I had a 2009 A-Star which was sold for 2.4L last November to an individual buyer. It had run only 14K. The main grouses of the K10 engine were the poor low end torque and the vibration at idle. I presume that the Wagon R powered by the same engine would not be a very refined car.
Old 12th April 2014, 01:56   #9140
BHPian

What would be a good price to pay for a Palio stile multijet 2008 with 50k on the odo?
Old 12th April 2014, 02:07   #9141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
What would be a good price to pay for a Palio stile multijet 2008 with 50k on the odo?
From a buyer's point of view, do not pay more than Rs 2,00,000 under any circumstances. Around Rs 1,60,000 is what you would pay in Delhi.

As an owner of a similar vehicle, I feel the actually value is more than Rs 2 lakhs, but then the spares can be terribly expensive. Also, at 50,000 km, your suspension overhaul, timing chain etc are impending.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 12:19   #9142
BHPian

I was looking at buying a used 2012 Civic VMT Sunroof in Bangalore. To arrive at a logical bargaining price, I tried the Used Car Evaluation Tool in Team-BHP & Carwale and to my horror, the prices suggested by the sites varied by almost 90%!

Normally, I'd just go by the Team-BHP recommendation, but in this case I'm not too sure. I am attaching the screenshots of both. Request all to help clear the confusion!
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-teambhp.png  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-carwale.png  

Old 12th April 2014, 19:00   #9143
BHPian

I am looking at a Fiat Palio stile multijet done 50k and a Mahindra Logan 65k.both 2008 models. Logan will cost about 50k more than the Palio . Any inputs? Is any one of them decidedly better than the other in terms of reliability? Spares?
Old 12th April 2014, 19:53   #9144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
I was looking at buying a used 2012 Civic VMT Sunroof in Bangalore. To arrive at a logical bargaining price, I tried the Used Car Evaluation Tool in Team-BHP & Carwale and to my horror, the prices suggested by the sites varied by almost 90%!

Normally, I'd just go by the Team-BHP recommendation, but in this case I'm not too sure. I am attaching the screenshots of both. Request all to help clear the confusion!
I think right price would be about 6 lacs no more. Low ground clearance and general fuel guzzling are the cons.Great engine and interiors though.
arihant jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 20:12   #9145
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at a Fiat Palio stile multijet done 50k and a Mahindra Logan 65k.both 2008 models. Logan will cost about 50k more than the Palio . Any inputs? Is any one of them decidedly better than the other in terms of reliability? Spares?
Hands down consider the Logan, spares being the major issue with Palio, Logan is a little more reliable than the Fiat as well. Also it is far more spacious and practical too.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 23:12   #9146
BHPian

Quote:

I think Team-BHP price is too low for a 16k run 2 year old topend civic in Bangalore. Actal value should be closer to Carwale evaluation.
y448 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 12:25   #9147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking at buying a used 2012 Civic VMT Sunroof in Bangalore. To arrive at a logical bargaining price, I tried the Used Car Evaluation Tool in Team-BHP & Carwale and to my horror, the prices suggested by the sites varied by almost 90%!...!
I doubt you can find a 2 year old Civic top end at such a low price anywhere down south. May be in Mumbai, yes. Bangalore has one of the highest re-sale values owing to the high taxes. I am doubtful whether anyone can get even a 2012 T-Jet at those prices.

Quote:
I would suggest the Logan, if you can stand the brand. For a 50K more, you get a lot more with respect to space (interior + boot). Both should be equally reliable with Logan having a slight advantage on FE. I hear Palio D's spares are NOT so easy to come by.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th April 2014 at 12:26.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 17:21   #9148
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have a 2009 nov Honda Jazz done 21k Kms. A dealer has a 2013 may,Polo GT Tsi done 5800 Kms. The polo is in good condition , a few scratches. The dealer is offering 3.75 L for my jazz and quoting 7.75 L for the polo.
What is your opinion with regard to the prices? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Ramesh
Old 14th April 2014, 11:27   #9149
Senior - BHPian

How much to offer for a "Single owner, June 2002, 56000 km Alto Lxi at Trivandrum (battery and tires changed at 52K)"? The owner is asking 1.35 Lakhs, but carwale suggested price is around 1 Lakhs (for excellent condition), both for regular and BSII versions.
Old 14th April 2014, 13:09   #9150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
How much to offer for a "Single owner, June 2002, 56000 km Alto Lxi at Trivandrum (battery and tires changed at 52K)"? The owner is asking 1.35 Lakhs, but carwale suggested price is around 1 Lakhs (for excellent condition), both for regular and BSII versions.
I got a 2007 Alto Lxi with around 60K on the odo and with brand new Michelin tyres, battery for 1.1 Lakhs last year in Delhi. Only thing which required immediate attention was the clutch overhaul.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks