Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 12:02   #9166
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would you folks say for a XUV 500 W8 (2012) with 22k on the odo? Looks to be in good condition and the asking price is 12l.

Is it too high?
Old 16th April 2014, 12:34   #9167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
What would you folks say for a XUV 500 W8 (2012) with 22k on the odo? Looks to be in good condition and the asking price is 12l.

Is it too high?
Considering Bangalore prices are higher than rest of India, I say 12L is a decent price, for a 2 year old car. See if the insurance is valid & if it's about to get renewed, do reduce the price.

A VFM will be around 11-11.25L.

Regards,
Varun
Old 18th April 2014, 14:38   #9168
BHPian

The used car dealers like First Choice and other reputed dealers are quoting insane prices for 2010 Honda Civic V MT in Mumbai. They are asking 6.2L + . I called them posing as a seller of a car with the exact specifications and they say we can offer you around 4.5L
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 17:04   #9169
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
No, it isn't the Top End, that would be the 'Emotion'.
The Top end Skoda cars are usually either 'Elegance' or "Elegance L&K". Emotion is Fiat's nomenclature.
Old 18th April 2014, 17:31   #9170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Top end Skoda cars are usually either 'Elegance' or "Elegance L&K". Emotion is Fiat's nomenclature.
You are absolutely correct! I meant to write 'Elegance' but ended up with an inadvertant mistake.
Old 18th April 2014, 22:21   #9171
BANNED

Am planning to sell my car and would appreciate if anyone can give an indication on the price I can expect.

Model: Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2, 1/2009
Color: Grey
Kms: 43000
Insurance: until Feb 15
Old 18th April 2014, 22:46   #9172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Am planning to sell my car and would appreciate if anyone can give an indication on the price I can expect.

Model: Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2, 1/2009
Color: Grey
Kms: 43000
Insurance: until Feb 15
We had an april 2009 A- star which was sold last november for 2.4lakhs. Though it had run only 14000 km it was a flop car by Maruti standards. Expect your i10 to be sold for 2.5 provided there are no or negligible dents, scratches and that the tyres have some tread left on them.
Old 18th April 2014, 23:12   #9173
Senior - BHPian

Looking at buying a used Honda City.
Have a 2013 City S-AT being offered for 8.5 lacs by a dealer. It has done only 6000 KM
Not sure of when insurance will expire.
Is that a good price? Still Honda warranty on it.
Old 19th April 2014, 22:23   #9174
BHPian

I am looking for a used car to commute in City. Happened to see one Maruthi Waganor LXI Dec 2012 registered in Chennai on Jan-13. Self Driven around 17,000 KMs and owner is moving abroad. He is asking 3, 60,000/-.
Please help with the recommended price to close the deal.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:11   #9175
BHPian

I saw a 2011 Civic V MT advertised by a used car dealer in Mumbai run only 37k and asking 6L negotiable (comparatively low).

With two owners in such a short time it looked suspicious and now I think my suspicions seem to be true: The front bumper seemed to be mis-aligned a bit when I checked it out and now when I was checking out the pics I realized its missing the front fog lamps, rear parking sensors and turn indicators on ORVM which are standard features on a V version . The car does have standard Honda leather interiors. Service history was only available to 11k.

So either the car is accidental or its a S version with original Honda Leather seats.

So another lesson learned today: stay away from unknown used car dealers and if a deal is too good to be true it probably is !

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Foxbat,
2011 car,barely run & already 2 previous owners?! Move with caution.
The Civic has a very low GC, so check its underbody thoroughly. You can verify its service history at the Honda dealer. Take a copy of the lapsed insurance policy & check for any claims.
A VFM price should be around 5-5.25L

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Yeah the two owners with such less mileage sent alarm bells ringing, it might be a lemon. What do I do if the Honda dealer doesn't have service history or only partial?

5-5.25L is what I am looking to pay but no cars are even advertised near that price. Or perhaps everyone is looking to bargain. If anyone has leads for a 2010-12 Civic in Bombay please message me.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:10   #9176
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I have a very low budget of 1 lac and am looking for a CNG fitted used car, as i have two heavy EMI's deducted each month. One of the two EMI's will end in 2016, post which i can go for a new petrol car.

I owned a CNG fitted Zen Vxi 2002 for 2 years - Learned to drive on this beautiful machine. But unfortunately had low or almost no knowledge of buying a used car 2 years ago, so ended up buying a belly rusted car. Result : The zen was corroded to such an extent that it tore from the belly and i had no other option but to scrap it.

But months later i feel the pinch of not having a car. I do need a car that's easy on my pocket as I am stuck up in finances for at least 2 years. It's actually required for my parents commuting.

Requirements:
1. It should have CNG - As the CNG pump is right below my house and it only makes sense if its going to be used for daily commuting. Also keeps the running cost low.
2. It's going to be used by my mom for almost 90% of the times.
3. 99% times will be run within city.
4. Must have power steering, as my mom will be using it extensively. Other perks like power window etc are addons, not a necessity.
5. Must have a good stance - Personality. Thinking of going over the hatchback options and get a mid size sedan.
6. Easily serviceable. Not much of an hassle to own car.
7. Nothing very powerful required as mom will be driving it at not more than 40 kmph. but also must not be a dull engine to drive.

Options i usually see are: Optra, Accent, Lancer, Ikon, Baleno, Esteem, Zen, Palio, Indica, Indigo, Opels and other.

I am confused as to which car must i choose. I am drawn to the Optra for its "more Car for the Money" feel. And knowing the condition of corrosion on the Maruti and Hyundai cars, it makes me skeptical to even check them out.

Please suggest what car must i choose among the one's above? How do they behave with CNG as their fuel and also what's the best choice?
Old 21st April 2014, 17:51   #9177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a very low budget of 1 lac and am looking for a CNG fitted used car, as i have two heavy EMI's deducted each month. One of the two EMI's will end in 2016, post which i can go for a new petrol car.

I owned a CNG fitted Zen Vxi 2002 for 2 years - Learned to drive on this beautiful machine. But unfortunately had low or almost no knowledge of buying a used car 2 years ago, so ended up buying a belly rusted car. Result : The zen was corroded to such an extent that it tore from the belly and i had no other option but to scrap it.

But months later i feel the pinch of not having a car. I do need a car that's easy on my pocket as I am stuck up in finances for at least 2 years. It's actually required for my parents commuting.

Requirements:
1. It should have CNG - As the CNG pump is right below my house and it only makes sense if its going to be used for daily commuting. Also keeps the running cost low.
2. It's going to be used by my mom for almost 90% of the times.
3. 99% times will be run within city.
4. Must have power steering, as my mom will be using it extensively. Other perks like power window etc are addons, not a necessity.
5. Must have a good stance - Personality. Thinking of going over the hatchback options and get a mid size sedan.
6. Easily serviceable. Not much of an hassle to own car.
7. Nothing very powerful required as mom will be driving it at not more than 40 kmph. but also must not be a dull engine to drive.

Options i usually see are: Optra, Accent, Lancer, Ikon, Baleno, Esteem, Zen, Palio, Indica, Indigo, Opels and other.

I am confused as to which car must i choose. I am drawn to the Optra for its "more Car for the Money" feel. And knowing the condition of corrosion on the Maruti and Hyundai cars, it makes me skeptical to even check them out.

Please suggest what car must i choose among the one's above? How do they behave with CNG as their fuel and also what's the best choice?

Optra, Lancer, Ikon, Opels and other - All of these will turn out to be extremely expensive to maintain considering that you will get a 10+ year old car. Plus none of these are ideal for CNG use.

Palio, Indica, Indigo, - Not good candidates for CNG!

I would have recommended buying a car that has not been run on CNG before but then that would mean reducing the car budget even more to have enough money left for a new CNG kit. So with an overall budget around 1 lac, you could look for one of these cars with a CNG kit installed already. My order of preference based on your requirement: Honda city, Esteem, Accent, Santro, Zen, Baleno.
Old 21st April 2014, 17:59   #9178
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread - Fiesta 1.4 EXI ?

Hello Everyone. I am looking for a used fiesta in Hyderabad for around 2.2L and have recently seen a car. It is a White 2006 Fiesta Petrol EXI, around 50k run, second owner car in OLX for 2.3L. The owner showed the car and i took a very short test drive to check the car. I intend to keep it at least for 2 years.

1. It is a second owner car. The seller told me he bought the car through a reference and also got it inspected before buying. He had the car since the last 9 months and is selling it since he is relocating to Bangalore.

2. He said he got it initially serviced in Ford, but it being very expensive, gave it in a local Mobil work shop for some minor service recently.

3. The interiors are a bit shabby and the exterior is good enough for a 7 year old car. It has a standard sony player.

4. The clutch is smooth and light. The gear shift is positive. The steering felt a bit heavy. This was all i could make out form the short 500 mts drive that i took it for.

So now the questions -

1. I am bargaining it for 1.9L. Is it a fair price?
2. I want to get it inspected. Where do i get it done? The car is near Manikonda, Hyderabad and the owner will be back on 26th April as he is in Bangalore now.
3. What are the major things i should specifically check in the Fiesta?
4. A very silly question - the sum of the four digits on the car sum up to the number 6. I do not firmly believe in such stuff, but should i go with it? P.s - I am a scorpio
5. Any other pointers are welcome.
Old 21st April 2014, 18:08   #9179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Optra, Lancer, Ikon, Opels and other - All of these will turn out to be extremely expensive to maintain considering that you will get a 10+ year old car. Plus none of these are ideal for CNG use.

Palio, Indica, Indigo, - Not good candidates for CNG!

I would have recommended buying a car that has not been run on CNG before but then that would mean reducing the car budget even more to have enough money left for a new CNG kit. So with an overall budget around 1 lac, you could look for one of these cars with a CNG kit installed already. My order of preference based on your requirement: Honda city, Esteem, Accent, Santro, Zen, Baleno.
Many Honda City's available in Mumbai but need to check them before buying. Thank you for your suggestion. Appreciate your response.

Also many Accent's available for a lac rupees. Don't seem to find Baleno and Esteem to that extent.

Buying a second hand car requires a lot of patience.
Old 21st April 2014, 20:36   #9180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post

I also suggest looking at the Chevrolet Aveo. I had a 2006 Aveo (Base 1.4) and used it till Nov last year. Its a comfortable car with relatively low cost og maintenance. You can also look at CNG fitted cars, as it was popular as a CNG car as well.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed