Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:10   #9181
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Many Honda City's available in Mumbai but need to check them before buying. Thank you for your suggestion. Appreciate your response.

Also many Accent's available for a lac rupees. Don't seem to find Baleno and Esteem to that extent.

Buying a second hand car requires a lot of patience.
In a budget of 1 lac you can get around 8 years old santro/wagonR, which in my opinion is the best bet for you.
These are definitely very cheap car to maintain with great response in CNG.
You can easily get the spare parts available outside the ASS if needed.
And you will find lots of them in used car market as well.
Considering your tight budget for 2 years, I would advice to stay away from sedans. A 1 lac rupee Honda City will still have the spare parts of an 8 lac car.
Adjust for two years, & then go in for a better car of your choice.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:21   #9182
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread - Fiesta 1.4 EXI ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Hello Everyone. I am looking for a used fiesta in Hyderabad for around 2.2L and have recently seen a car. It is a White 2006 Fiesta Petrol EXI, around 50k run, second owner car in OLX for 2.3L. The owner showed the car and i took a very short test drive to check the car. I intend to keep it at least for 2 years.

1. It is a second owner car. The seller told me he bought the car through a reference and also got it inspected before buying. He had the car since the last 9 months and is selling it since he is relocating to Bangalore.

2. He said he got it initially serviced in Ford, but it being very expensive, gave it in a local Mobil work shop for some minor service recently.

3. The interiors are a bit shabby and the exterior is good enough for a 7 year old car. It has a standard sony player.

4. The clutch is smooth and light. The gear shift is positive. The steering felt a bit heavy. This was all i could make out form the short 500 mts drive that i took it for.

So now the questions -

1. I am bargaining it for 1.9L. Is it a fair price?
2. I want to get it inspected. Where do i get it done? The car is near Manikonda, Hyderabad and the owner will be back on 26th April as he is in Bangalore now.
3. What are the major things i should specifically check in the Fiesta?
4. A very silly question - the sum of the four digits on the car sum up to the number 6. I do not firmly believe in such stuff, but should i go with it? P.s - I am a scorpio
5. Any other pointers are welcome.
Any Pointers guys?? Will be meeting the owner on Saturday and should finalise the deal.
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:50   #9183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
I am looking for a used car to commute in City. Happened to see one Maruthi Waganor LXI Dec 2012 registered in Chennai on Jan-13. Self Driven around 17,000 KMs and owner is moving abroad. He is asking 3, 60,000/-.
Please help with the recommended price to close the deal.
New vehicle come for 4.2 L on road.How can he ask for 3.6 .The max selling price must be 3.2 L.
commonman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:53   #9184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
In a budget of 1 lac you can get around 8 years old santro/wagonR, which in my opinion is the best bet for you.
These are definitely very cheap car to maintain with great response in CNG.
You can easily get the spare parts available outside the ASS if needed.
And you will find lots of them in used car market as well.
Considering your tight budget for 2 years, I would advice to stay away from sedans. A 1 lac rupee Honda City will still have the spare parts of an 8 lac car.
Adjust for two years, & then go in for a better car of your choice.
I agree with your point. But some how the Wagon R enjoys a premium resale value. No matter how bad the condition, there are only a few Wagon R's available for a lac or less. Will definitely look at the old Santros.

On the other hand, i see many good looking Accents for sale at around a lac or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I also suggest looking at the Chevrolet Aveo. I had a 2006 Aveo (Base 1.4) and used it till Nov last year. Its a comfortable car with relatively low cost og maintenance. You can also look at CNG fitted cars, as it was popular as a CNG car as well.
A CNG Aveo is available at approximately 1.5 lacs range. Although that's over my budget, i will give it a thought and look at some. Anything specific that i need to take care of while buying an Aveo?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd April 2014 at 11:04. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:08   #9185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
A CNG Aveo is available at approximately 1.5 lacs range. Although that's over my budget, i will give it a thought and look at some. Anything specific that i need to take care of while buying an Aveo?
Apart from the obvious things such as accidental damage, suspension condition, interior wear, tyres, mileage etc, the specific things could be:

1) You need to see which year model it is. If it is from the 2006/ early 2007 batches, then chances are that most internal components (and mostly the entire car) are original Korean parts from Daewoo. This means that the parts are of a much superior quality than the later Aveos. My Aveo was a July 2006 car, and due to this same reason, it never gave any problems, except normal wear and tear. I ran the car for 1.1L km and it always served me well and never let me down even in remote parts of the Himalayas.

2) Check the alternator belt and the idle pulleys for any wear. The early Aveos had a plastic tensioner pulley and this tends to wear over time, causing the alternator belt to shred slowly until one day it just goes kaput. I have faced this twice in my ownership.

3) The AC compressor should be checked, since there is a tendency for the bearings inside the compressor to wear out, causing damage to the compressor and the valves inside it. Replacing the compressor can set you back by about 15K. Get the AC system checked thoroughly. The Aveo AC really chills, so if the car in question does not do that, there is definitely something wrong with the compressor. Also, the thermostat which cuts the compressor off tends to go kaput in the Aveo, resulting in over chilling and freezing of the lines. When this happens, you usually feel a decrease in the cooling. Replacing this thermostat is a tedious job, as the dashboard needs to be removed. The part itself doesn't cost much.

The Aveo is a very comfortable car and is easy to drive around as well. The back seat is one of the best that I have experienced, even better than many cars that are a class above. You can expect a mileage of around 10-12kmpl in the city and about 14kmpl on the highway. I never had CNG fitted, so I don't know what the cost works out to. Parts are easily available (at least in Delhi NCR / Jaipur) and usually you get original parts. If you have pictures of the car, do post them so that I can take a look and advice further.

Cheers!
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:59   #9186
BHPian

Whats a fair price to pay to buy a Tjet 2011 emotion top model which has done ~18k kms ? this is in Hyd
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:53   #9187
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking at picking up a used diesel Skoda Fabia Ambition +, 2012 model with about 15k on the odo in Bangalore. The guy's asking about 5.3. What should I give? The Ambition + looks like a barebones model - no ABS/airbags or anything right? Just tilt steering.

Does it make sense to get a used Fabia at this price now?
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:00   #9188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am looking at picking up a used diesel Skoda Fabia Ambition +, 2012 model with about 15k on the odo in Bangalore. The guy's asking about 5.3. What should I give? The Ambition + looks like a barebones model - no ABS/airbags or anything right? Just tilt steering.

Does it make sense to get a used Fabia at this price now?
No it doesn't.
Its not in production anymore.The performance and NVH of 3 Pod 1.2L oil burner;less said the better.
What happened to your plans of picking up a Laura?
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:11   #9189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No it doesn't.
Its not in production anymore.The performance and NVH of 3 Pod 1.2L oil burner;less said the better.
Well, the car does have 2 more years of warranty. Still looks the better of most other cars out there.

I gave up on the laura after looking at the blasphemous prices and the number of miles these cars had run. That and the compressor scare shoved me off. If I'm spending 10, I would rather wait and get the duster 4x4 whenever it comes through.

Goddamnit, there's no small used car that ticks most boxes.
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:49   #9190
BHPian

Quote:
Goddamnit, there's no small used car that ticks most boxes...
Whether its a new or used, small or big I find this to be true in all cases.

Though in general, in diesel hatchback market, I fount Punto & Swift to be ticking the most boxes.
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:18   #9191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whether its a new or used, small or big I find this to be true in all cases.

Though in general, in diesel hatchback market, I fount Punto & Swift to be ticking the most boxes.
Used Swifts - low mileage examples are in excess of 6L.

Used Punto's...am still smarting from Fiat's poor after sales as well as the terribly shoddy resale values.

Looking for low mileage figo's but only the titanium version makes sense there. That's possibly the only thing that will help me forget how it looks.
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:17   #9192
BHPian

Quote:
...Used Swifts - low mileage examples are in excess of 6L.

Used Punto's...am still smarting from Fiat's poor after sales as well as the terribly shoddy resale values....
Both great & poor resale value is bad?
Fiat's ASS I don't think is any worse than Skoda.
Maybe you can look in for i20 CRDi & get it remapped to remove the turbo lag issue..!!
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:17   #9193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Both great & poor resale value is bad?
Fiat's ASS I don't think is any worse than Skoda.
Maybe you can look in for i20 CRDi & get it remapped to remove the turbo lag issue..!!
great resale value is bad when I'm on the buying side
Old 24th April 2014, 15:30   #9194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No it doesn't.
Looking at a used Linea Emotion pack, 2010 done 35k on the odo. The guy's asking for 5L. What do you reckon I should close it for? This is in Bangalore.

Akshay, i gather you got a used linea. Your verdict? And what should I look out for when I check the car out?
Old 24th April 2014, 17:44   #9195
BHPian

Guys,

Asking this for a close friend of mine. What is the fair price for buying a Ssanyong Rexton, April 2013, run for about 9500kms, full loaded top most diesel variant. Help will be greatly appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks