Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 21:28   #9241
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My brother is looking for a pre-owned car, we have found a deal a 2009 Fiesta zxi tdci 42000km run, price on offer is 2.75Lakhs tax is due to be paid in august, is it a fair deal?
Old 4th May 2014, 21:59   #9242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
My brother is looking for a pre-owned car, we have found a deal a 2009 Fiesta zxi tdci 42000km run, price on offer is 2.75Lakhs tax is due to be paid in august, is it a fair deal?

Is it tax or insurance?if it u tax then it is a yellow board. Is it corporate company owned or owned by a travell agency?

Carefull if it travell agency owned. Seems a fair bargain for a 42000 run diesel top end trim. Take it to Ford service center to check on the car. Also ask for the service history.
Old 5th May 2014, 07:29   #9243
BHPian

In WB, you can pay tax for five years unlike the fifteen years in Bangalore. With that in mind, the tax expiring in August 2014 ffor a 2009 Fiesta makes perfect sense as a normal 'white board'.
Roomy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 11:31   #9244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I believe that the current fair price of a 2011 T-Jet plus must be somewhere around 4.5L and it would be a very good deal if you could bring it down to 4L.
Hi ece2k2,
Thanks for your inputs. The ad is posted by fellow bhpian and he was expecting 5.5L. I said around 5L.
Asked around mechanics who deal with my Siena and they are asking are u nuts to go for Fiat again ? I need to sell my Siena first before looking for replacement .

Cheers
MKP
Old 5th May 2014, 11:52   #9245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hi ece2k2,
Thanks for your inputs. The ad is posted by fellow bhpian and he was expecting 5.5L. I said around 5L.
Asked around mechanics who deal with my Siena and they are asking are u nuts to go for Fiat again ? I need to sell my Siena first before looking for replacement .

Cheers
MKP
Siena is among the rare species in India. Please create a garage with the detailed exterior and interior pics before letting the Siena go.
Old 5th May 2014, 12:43   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Siena is among the rare species in India. Please create a garage with the detailed exterior and interior pics before letting the Siena go.
Hi Zenren,
You see it is the comments like these and the enthusiast in me which is not letting the car go.
It has been more than 2 yrs that i'm using it as a weekend car and it brings smiles when ever i drive
But now I'm searching for the blower for > 6months and it is not possible to drive without A/C. Also, the age is showing and bubbles have started appearing in some sections . So feel time to let go

Cheers
MKP
Old 5th May 2014, 13:42   #9247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Zenren,
You see it is the comments like these and the enthusiast in me which is not letting the car go.
Having a carb-Zen that is probably older than some of the new BHPians, I know that feeling. Even the carb-Zen specific parts are slowly becoming difficult to procure. So I can imagine your plight.

Another factor to add is the emotional attachment to something that has been part of our lives for a considerable duration. It is difficult to let go of something that is part of most of the fond memories. Due warning to all owners: either sell off your car every 5 years or be prepared to retain it forever.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:36   #9248
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ece2k2,

Cheers
MKP
I think there is no problem as such with Fiats lately (except for their poor resale prices). In fact I had a Siena 1.6 ELX (Petra shape - bought used) during 2005 to 2008 before buying a Swift Diesel. I was pretty happy with Swift for around 5 years, but it never came close to a Fiat though as far as the solidity is concerned. But I do make sure to buy pre-worshipped Fiats and not brand new ones - as they depreciate relatively a lot faster.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 5th May 2014 at 14:37.
Old 6th May 2014, 06:41   #9249
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea for a pre owned Toyota Fortuner (like new) 2013, 5000 kms. A.T..
White color , Delhi registered.

Was looking around for a friend & came across this.

Any pointers to a negotiation price would be really helpful.
Old 7th May 2014, 05:40   #9250
BHPian

[
Hello N,
Any car sold after being prepared for competitive racing, might be driven at high speeds & can be involved in accidents.

Regards,
Varun[/quote]

I actually wanted a cheap sleeper car for myself hence was inclined towards this. Anyways i tried contacting the seller multiple times but the phone is switched of. So i have decided to skip. I am looking at a stock 2006 model Esteem VXI. Car has run 90K KMs. CNG fitted, 2nd owner and the asking price is 85 K. Car is in Delhi. What do you guys think about the deal. I know it is an 8 years old car and car has already run 90K Kms but i want a black Esteem and there are only few available and condition of those cars is not very good. I already own a Golden Beige carb Esteem.

nIk

Last edited by nik0502 : 7th May 2014 at 05:59.
Old 7th May 2014, 09:34   #9251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I am looking at a stock 2006 model Esteem VXI. Car has run 90K KMs. CNG fitted, 2nd owner and the asking price is 85 K.
The car seems to be at the end of its life. 2 owners & CNG fitted & 90K KM on the odo. I have seen many Esteem at CNG stations struggling to run/having troubles & rattles while running.
About 3 months back a similarly aged Esteem without CNG with 1.25Lac KM on the odo was sold for 60K in Haryana.
Old 7th May 2014, 10:06   #9252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys,

Any idea for a pre owned Toyota Fortuner (like new) 2013, 5000 kms. A.T..
White color , Delhi registered.

Was looking around for a friend & came across this.

Any pointers to a negotiation price would be really helpful.
Be prepared to pay a steep price for it. In my experience, Fortuners just don't depreciate. You can expect maximum 2-3 lacs discount to the current on-road price.
Old 7th May 2014, 17:14   #9253
BHPian

Well. The owner was asking around 22 ish. I already own a manual Fortuner 4x4.

So was looking to replace my innova with auto fortuner.
Old 9th May 2014, 19:34   #9254
BHPian

Guys, there is a 2004 Santro Zip ( plus or drive - i am not sure :P ) that a colleague owns and wishes to sell. What price must i quote for it?

I am actually looking for a cheap, maintain-free car for the next 18 months. Post this period I can afford buying a new car.

Kindly suggest a bargain and realistic price.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:09   #9255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Guys, there is a 2004 Santro Zip ( plus or drive - i am not sure :P ) that a colleague owns and wishes to sell. What price must i quote for it?

I am actually looking for a cheap, maintain-free car for the next 18 months. Post this period I can afford buying a new car.

Kindly suggest a bargain and realistic price.
If you can get it for around 1 it should be a reasonable deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks