Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 12:56   #9331
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys between carwale and indian blue book resale values,which the one to rely on ? IBB quotes are low,whereas carwale is quite high.

I've read that Carwale just takes the prices from their listings whereas IBB bases it on actual resale in the used car market. Is it so ?
Old 31st May 2014, 15:37   #9332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Looking at picking up this:
2007 BMW 320i
42500 km done
Gurgaon Registration
Looks and drives well
Servicings done in regular intervals

What is a reasonable price to pay ?
8 lacs is a fair price for this one. In case you really like it you may go upto 10 lacs. do inform at what price you close the deal.
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 17:25   #9333
Distinguished - BHPian

What should be the fair price for below car? One of my colleague is wiling to sell it.

- 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI (Comes fully loaded except the airbags)
- 2nd owner / Chennai registered
- 56k on odo (Partial service history available)
- 3k km old tyres
- No added accessories
- Clean body except for few scratches in the bumpers

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 31st May 2014 at 17:29.
Old 31st May 2014, 19:43   #9334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
8 lacs is a fair price for this one. In case you really like it you may go upto 10 lacs. do inform at what price you close the deal.
The deal is closed at 8.5 lacs, planning to spend 1 lac to spruce it up including repainting, external lighting upliftment and interior upholstery, should look like new. Only worry is i find the pick up to be too slow when i compare with the X1 diesel that i currently drive , though the family has given the thumbs up due to the fact that a sedan drive is much much more comfortable than the X1 drive.
Old 31st May 2014, 20:29   #9335
BHPian

Quote:
The deal is closed at 8.5 lacs, planning to spend 1 lac to spruce it up including repainting, external lighting upliftment and interior upholstery, should look like new. Only worry is i find the pick up to be too slow when i compare with the X1 diesel that i currently drive , though the family has given the thumbs up due to the fact that a sedan drive is much much more comfortable than the X1 drive.
Cheers friend! hope you enjoy your new acquisition. All the very best. The pick up of the 320d is totally mind blowing boss! All the same don't like the X1 in comparison to the 3 series. may this car bring a lot of joy to you!
Old 1st June 2014, 08:58   #9336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Cheers friend! hope you enjoy your new acquisition. All the very best. The pick up of the 320d is totally mind blowing boss! All the same don't like the X1 in comparison to the 3 series. may this car bring a lot of joy to you!
Thanks, but it is neither 320i or 320d. Just checked the RC and found it to be a 325i. Not very sure as to what is the difference.
Old 1st June 2014, 11:03   #9337
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but it is neither 320i or 320d. Just checked the RC and found it to be a 325i. Not very sure as to what is the difference.
Bigger engine.More power.should be good for you.
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 11:26   #9338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not to sound rude,but you closed the deal,and only after checking the RC you find that its a 325i.
What kind of inspection was done before closing the deal?
Old 1st June 2014, 12:54   #9339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Not to sound rude,but you closed the deal,and only after checking the RC you find that its a 325i.
What kind of inspection was done before closing the deal?

The deal is closed only as far the price is concerned based on "as is where is condition" after just visible inspection and test drive.

The money will change hands only after tech evaluation at BMW service centre. The price remains same if the BMW Service center gives a thumbs up else it will be negotiable again
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:39   #9340
BHPian

Guys, is an Astar AT (ABS), 2013, 25k odo, BLR, fair condition worth 3.85 lakhs?
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:05   #9341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Guys, is an Astar AT (ABS), 2013, 25k odo, BLR, fair condition worth 3.85 lakhs?
The price seems a bit on the higher side considering the 25k odo. Who drives a car 25k in less than a year ? Did he use it as a taxi ? Either way, it probably faced a lot of abuse.
A new A star(auto) comes at Rs. 4.6 Lac. And if auto transmission is not your "requirement" , then a zxi A star comes at 4.3 Lac.
phynix123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:19   #9342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
*SNIP* Who drives a car 25k in less than a year ? Did he use it as a taxi ? Either way, it probably faced a lot of abuse. *SNIP*.
I did (around 40K-50K a year); and no, it was not used as a taxi; and also no, it never faced any abuse. I do not mollycoddle the car, but I don't abuse it either.

I did a lot of touring, all over USA and Canada, in my car, and plan to do the same thing here in India now that I am back.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:03   #9343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I did (around 40K-50K a year); and no, it was not used as a taxi; and also no, it never faced any abuse. I do not mollycoddle the car, but I don't abuse it either.

I did a lot of touring, all over USA and Canada, in my car, and plan to do the same thing here in India now that I am back.

Cheers
Yeah, I know some of us here in tbhp are avid drivers, who just loves to drive. Even I don't need a reason start out for a long road trip. So from that point of view, 25k in a year may seem infinitesimal. Moreover, we at tbhp do take care of our beloved cars. But, out in the world, not many people drive 25k/year and take care of their car religiously.
Hence, his asking price seemed a bit on the higher side to me.

NB: by the way, 40/50k per year ? That's hell lot of a driving man. Gives an average of 150+km per day. Do share your awesome experiences. Would love to read.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:42   #9344
BHPian

My previous post and this one are off-topic. My apologies to everyone.

@phynix123 - Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that my comment has nothing to do with the asking price, but more with the automatic correlation between high-miles and abuse. My comment was off-topic and I should have mentioned that.

Re. my 40-50K a year, for almost three years my daily commute to work was around 97 kms. one way. In addition, I have driven from one end of Canada to another a couple of times. I covered around 1200-1300 kms per day on those trips.

Other than that, many times when I needed to travel for work, I drove rather than flew, unless the time difference between driving and flying was quite significant.

Plus, I also took a year off from Consulting and drove an 18-wheeler tractor-trailer across Canada and the US. Yeah, I was a trucker for a year. The most fun job I've ever had in my life

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:26   #9345
BHPian

Quote:

The deal is closed only as far the price is concerned based on "as is where is condition" after just visible inspection and test drive.

The money will change hands only after tech evaluation at BMW service centre. The price remains same if the BMW Service center gives a thumbs up else it will be negotiable again
Kindly share further details of your acquisition. It will be fun knowing all the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks