Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 10:55   #9466
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Is there still demand for Old Honda City Vtec? I have a 2003 Vtec whci I'm planning to sell. Wanted to understand what value can I get from it? If value is too low then does it makes sense to keep the car as I'm totally satisfied with the drive and other aspects of the car.
Old 30th June 2014, 11:05   #9467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Is there still demand for Old Honda City Vtec? I have a 2003 Vtec whci I'm planning to sell. Wanted to understand what value can I get from it? If value is too low then does it makes sense to keep the car as I'm totally satisfied with the drive and other aspects of the car.
Please mention the running (odometer reading) of your car. Also I believe you are the first owner. Well maintained cars do sell at a good price if sold to individual buyers directly instead of dealers/agents. However with so many iterations of the Honda City, you can expect a resale value on the lower side.
Old 30th June 2014, 11:12   #9468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
The lowest possible of old shape honda city would be roundabout of 1 lac. Of course I am not saying your car would fetch that low ... depending on condition and ownership and mileage the value can be considerably higher (perhaps up to 2 lacs)

I also have a 2001 model VTEC. But to be honest, every time I have sat and driven any other car in the market in the lower side of 10 lacs (let say friend's) it feels so bland and un spirited (even the newest petrol city iVTEC) compared to my decades old car. Also I absolutely hate the designs of "modern" cars which actually obstructs the all around visibility!
Old 30th June 2014, 11:27   #9469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The lowest possible of old shape honda city would be roundabout of 1 lac. Of course I am not saying your car would fetch that low ... depending on condition and ownership and mileage the value can be considerably higher (perhaps up to 2 lacs)

I also have a 2001 model VTEC. But to be honest, every time I have sat and driven any other car in the market in the lower side of 10 lacs (let say friend's) it feels so bland and un spirited (even the newest petrol city iVTEC) compared to my decades old car. Also I absolutely hate the designs of "modern" cars which actually obstructs the all around visibility!
Totally with you , my car has done 70k kms and is in perfect running condition. Even after having so may driver oriented cars with me still driving the OHC Vtec puts a smile on my face. By this I don't mean that other cars are not good but probably the fun factor in Old Honda City due to it's lower weight is some thing which can't be ignored.The only lacking things are the equipment level and the safety features. Having multiple cars this car is only for my few weekend drives within Mumbai, hence was thinking of selling it as I'm not able to justice to it.
Old 30th June 2014, 13:29   #9470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
compared to my decades old car.
'decades' older? It should be singular. Hehe, just kidding.
Old 30th June 2014, 17:37   #9471
Senior - BHPian

Hi, My friend was looking out for the new City, and in the search came across a;
mid 2012 Honda City VAT with sunroof.
It has clocked 24000 kms.
The car is stock and has Caska navigation system added as the only accessory.

The car looks good, and we are planning to take it for a TD in couple of days. How much should we be expecting for this?
Old 30th June 2014, 18:18   #9472
Senior - BHPian

@sarathlal - My friend picked 2011 City VMT ~ 22000 KM ODO, Kannur for 6 Lakhs. Condition - excellent, it had after market music system.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 16:15   #9473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Nothing more than 2.7, max 2.8(for friend factor ).
FYI I sold my May 2010 Figo DuraTec ZXI 6 months ago for 2.9 Lakhs in Bangalore(amongst highest resale value markets) loaded with accessories worth 60K and only covered 19500 odd kms (no accidents, just a couple of scratches)
Sorry about digging an old post. Was this sold to a dealer or individual
Old 1st July 2014, 17:19   #9474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
how much can be expected for swift vdi 2008 model, single owner, driven around 76500 kms., delhi registration, decent condition ?
I'm not sure about Delhi prices, but here in Chennai, 80K run 2008 Swift VDi was evaluated for 2.7 L by a dealer, it was later sold to a private seller for 3.9 L.
You should try to sell it for 3.75 to 4 L.
mTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 18:33   #9475
BHPian

Car : Getz GLE
Make/Registration : May-2006/Bangalore
Insurance : Comprehensive
Condition : Stock condition but needed touchup on 2 doors for minor dents/scratches ad roof for colour fading
Selling Price : 1.45L to a dealer in bangalore in Jan 2014 (Since I now live in Pune - did not have the inclination to find and sell to individual. The dealer did the touchups and sold the car in 2 months and also sent the transfered RC Card via email to me :-))
Old 1st July 2014, 19:26   #9476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
how much can be expected for swift vdi 2008 model, single owner, driven around 76500 kms., delhi registration, decent condition ?
A friend recently traded his 2007 Swift VXI, with the ODO at 80k kms for 3L to Maruti True Value. Ofcourse this also included around 20k of exchange bonus, but considering yours is a diesel, you can get an idea.

Bangalore has a higher rates to compared to any other city in the country.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 20:05   #9477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Sorry about digging an old post. Was this sold to a dealer or individual
To an individual only can you command such prices.
The dealers were all offering 2.2 to 2.3 lakhs. Max one dealer offered was 2.4 that too on the condition that I would be buying the next car from him!
Old 1st July 2014, 23:29   #9478
BHPian

Team, Need your valuable guidance here.

I am contemplating changing my Alto which has served me for well over 5 years to a sedan or MUV (read, Ertiga). Wanted to know the price that I can expect from this car - details below:

Make: May-2008
Variant: LXi. Fitted with 4-door Power Windows and basic-ICE.
KMs Done: 53000+.
Ownership: Single
Body condition: Have got a quite a few scratches and bruises on the sides. Enquired with a local tinkering shop (who does a neat work) and was given a quote of around 10K for painting both sides.
Tires: Still on the stock-shoes. Yep., its time to change the tires at least if not the car.
Battery: Changed in Nov'2012 (when the car had done around 44K Kms)

Thanks!

Last edited by callvvijay : 1st July 2014 at 23:33.
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 23:34   #9479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
To an individual only can you command such prices.
The dealers were all offering 2.2 to 2.3 lakhs. Max one dealer offered was 2.4 that too on the condition that I would be buying the next car from him!
Wow! The price they quote in the classifieds sites are dearer by at least 50k. They start at ~3L+ for Petrol EXIs of 2010 vintage. That's a LOT to negotiate, right? or is that the norm in the used car market?
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:37   #9480
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Friends, please suggest the right price for HR 26 registered, March 2011, White Figo Titanium D, 59K on the odo, shod with 195 section tyres on matt black 15 inch platti alloys,

Cheers !
RD
Friends, any guesses !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks