Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:28   #9496
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I have asked him to renew the insurance with a 0 Dep plan so that I get 35% NCB and he has obliged.
NCB advantage will rest with the user and not with the vehicle. So, if the other person has 35% NCB and you have 0%(or new to insurance), then upon transferring the ownership and insurance, you will have to pay the 35% back to insurer. At the same time, if you have 50% NCB in your name, you can get the 15% reduced as well.

Am unsure whether I understood this correctly. Kindly excuse if this was not the case.
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:18   #9497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
how much can be expected for swift vdi 2008 model, single owner, driven around 76500 kms., delhi registration, decent condition ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
I'm not sure about Delhi prices, but here in Chennai, 80K run 2008 Swift VDi was evaluated for 2.7 L by a dealer, it was later sold to a private seller for 3.9 L.
You should try to sell it for 3.75 to 4 L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
A friend recently traded his 2007 Swift VXI, with the ODO at 80k kms for 3L to Maruti True Value. Ofcourse this also included around 20k of exchange bonus, but considering yours is a diesel, you can get an idea.

Bangalore has a higher rates to compared to any other city in the country.

Thanks for replying.

Yes indeed, prices in bangalore are higher, but i think that's true for new cars as well.

Update - The car has been sold for 2.44 lacs to a dealer.
Honda Auto Terrace, Maruti True Value and Ford dealers had offered at the most 2.30.

I know looking for a direct buyer might have fetched a better price but - that is not very easy in Delhi and the car had some expenses coming up - change of tyres, servicing and certain parts' replacements.

We're satisfied with the price as it was bought for 5.60 lacs on-road in june 2008, precisely 6 years back.
for Swift diesel's resale value.

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 3rd July 2014 at 17:21. Reason: Adding and editing text
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:44   #9498

Hi! I want to sell my 2007 Laura L&k auto, which has done 85k km and is in immaculate condition, Delhi registered . What is the best i should expect?
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:52   #9499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
NCB advantage will rest with the user and not with the vehicle. So, if the other person has 35% NCB and you have 0%(or new to insurance), then upon transferring the ownership and insurance, you will have to pay the 35% back to insurer. At the same time, if you have 50% NCB in your name, you can get the 15% reduced as well.

Am unsure whether I understood this correctly. Kindly excuse if this was not the case.
Yes, I agree. However, 2 years ago when I bought my Figo from my previous company, they issued me a NOC which I presented to the insurance company while renewing the car insurance and I got the NCB transferred. So, I am hoping that I can follow the earlier process and get going.

Anyways, keeping aside the insurance part, is it a good deal?
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:40   #9500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Yes, I agree. However, 2 years ago when I bought my Figo from my previous company, they issued me a NOC which I presented to the insurance company while renewing the car insurance and I got the NCB transferred. So, I am hoping that I can follow the earlier process and get going.

Anyways, keeping aside the insurance part, is it a good deal?
Yes, if you have a good NCB, then you can definitely carry forward your advantage to this one.
Am unsure on the price part, because, even I was trying to check the price for a 2012 VAT with sunroof and 23K kms.
Old 4th July 2014, 05:24   #9501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
The only reason car is quoted such a low price is that the owner is a family friend. My brother claims that the car is in good condition.

We are still bargaining. No surprises if we can claim the car for 2 lakhs as well
Got the car delivered at home last Saturday. As my brother said, it is in immaculate condition. The ODO at the time of delivery was 109152. Have driven it extensively on Sunday and Monday. It has gem of an engine. Totally happy with the car.
Old 4th July 2014, 08:02   #9502
BHPian

How much should I expect for a well maintained

- Dec 2009 i10 Sportz (Kappa2)
- 27000 Kms
- Upgraded Michelin XM1+ tyres (from day 1)
- Neo Alloys,
- Vkool films,
- Full service history
- 0 accidents
- Comprehensive insurance TATA AIG Zero Dep till Dec 2014
- Regularly detailed (Interior and Exterior)

???
Old 4th July 2014, 13:16   #9503
BHPian

I am interested in getting a Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4 (would have been happy with a 4x2 if it came in Elegance trim). I am going to look at a 2010 model, 45,000 km run car where the asking price is 12 lakhs (Bangalore outskirts). I would like to know the following?

1) Is this a good idea (over say an Ecosport or a Duster)? I've seen Yeti review threads on tbhp and other than the initial price, all owners have been generally happy with their purchase except possibly for low sidewall durability for OEM tyres
2) Tyres have apparently been recently changed, so the above shortcoming is not present. What other aspects should I look for, given a 4 year old vehicle and 45,000 kms. of running? I've heard EGR replacement can be expensive, how do I know it needs replacing?
3) What other parts are likely to need replacing and how much should I put aside for it?
4) 12 lakhs seem to be on the high side. TBhp used value calculator gives a price of around 9 lakhs. Is this realistic, particularly in Bangalore?
5) Which are the good Skoda service centres in Bangalore? Is Tafe Access on Hosur Road one of the better ones? Are there any independent workshops that can handle the Yeti serviceing (including spare parts if required)?

Thanks for any input you can give.

The main reason I've shortlisted a Yeti are as follows - safety (air bags/ABS), power (possibly a remap), compact road presence, fuel efficiency, comfort (4 passengers), boot space, ride and handling. I require the vehicle to have a high seating (bad back) and stiffer suspension (wife is prone to motion sickness in soft suspension cars).
Old 4th July 2014, 13:37   #9504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Dec 2009 i10 Sportz (Kappa2). - 27000 Kms
- Upgraded Michelin XM1+ tyres (from day 1) - Neo Alloys, - Vkool films,
- Full service history - 0 accidents - Comprehensive insurance TATA AIG Zero Dep till Dec 2014 - Regularly detailed (Interior and Exterior)
Hello,

I feel you can expect Rs. 2.75 lacs for your December 2009 i10 Sportz with 27,000 kms on ODO.

If you manage to find a direct buyer you can expect upto Rs. 3 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 4th July 2014, 13:46   #9505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I am interested in getting a Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4 (would have been happy with a 4x2 if it came in Elegance trim). I am going to look at a 2010 model, 45,000 km run car where the asking price is 12 lakhs (Bangalore outskirts). I would like to know the following..

..I require the vehicle to have a high seating (bad back) and stiffer suspension (wife is prone to motion sickness in soft suspension cars).
Hi anoop, i too was on the lookout (for a close friend) for a 4x2 or 4x4 yeti in Mumbai, the prices here are around 11-12 lacs for the 4x4 with one of the dealers, initially quoted upwards of 12.5 lacs -2010 March car, he was willing to let it go for 11.5 or so. Condition wasnt as great as we expected, but the interior was in fine nick.

The 4x2 would be much lower here but didnt come across any, as for Karnataka prices , they are generally higher,i reckon the fair price IMO,should be no more than 11 lacs .

Do check if its on the extended warranty plan, good luck with your purchase

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2014 at 15:13. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post as it tends to inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thanks! :)
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 19:54   #9506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

I feel you can expect Rs. 2.75 lacs for your December 2009 i10 Sportz with 27,000 kms on ODO.

If you manage to find a direct buyer you can expect upto Rs. 3 lacs.

Thanks,

Thanks Jignesh, 3 lakhs sounds good enough for a direct buyer. I was hoping around 3.35-3.50
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 23:01   #9507

Hi! Would highly appreciate if some one can reply to my query:
"2007 Laura L&k auto, which has done 85k km and is in immaculate condition, Delhi registered . What is the best i should expect?"
Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 18:44   #9508
BHPian

Hi, I believe that with a complete service record and insurance, new tyres and battery, depending on the colour you can get anywhere between 3L to 3.75L. If the car is in good condition, I would strongly recommend that you hold on to it rather than sell it for the pittance that people will offer you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal View Post
Hi! Would highly appreciate if some one can reply to my query: "2007 Laura L&k auto, which has done 85k km and is in immaculate condition, Delhi registered . What is the best i should expect?" Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 15:27   #9509
BHPian

I'm planning to sell my March 2009 registered (in Kerala) Honda City. Its an s variant automatic and has done 53000 kms. Tyres are about 10000 kms old and the car is in good condition barring a few scratches on the bumper. What is the best price I can expect for this? Car is white in color and completely stock.
Old 8th July 2014, 18:20   #9510
Senior - BHPian

What would be the price that can be offered for a 2011 Polo Trendline petrol run only 3500kms (not sure why such low mileage in 3 years of ownership) ?
Car is in AP. Seller is asking 4.5L - is this a fair price for the car ? Thanks!!!

Most Viewed