Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2014, 23:16   #9601
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my 2011 Wagon R LXi with factory-fitted CNG. It was purchased in Aug 2011, has clocked about 39k kms and registered in Gurgaon. It is largely self-driven, well maintained and in very good condition.

How much can I expect?

Last edited by dsunn : 26th July 2014 at 23:20.
Old 26th July 2014, 23:43   #9602
BHPian

Hello all,

I need some urgent advice. I have come across a 2002 zen , mpfi lxi ,second owner, KA registered with 66k on the odo. The quoted price is 90k to 1L. I can bargain it for about 80-85k. Is this a good price.

More importantly given the model is discontinued for about 10yrs now, will I get into trouble with high cost of spares and maintanence? Please let me know soon, the offer is only open till tomorrow afternoon.

P.S. We personally know the current owner well for many years now and he takes care of his cars well.
Old 27th July 2014, 00:04   #9603
BHPian

If this is a first owner car, you can very well go for it given the quoted price. Zen is mostly a fill it and shut it type of car and requires negligible maintenance. However, I would strongly advice you to get the car thoroughly evaluated by a trusted mechanic before you make any final decision.

1. Check body rusting.
2. Check Suspension and other mechanical parts.
3. Check condition of tyres.
4. Check Battery.
5. Check Service History [if available].

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Hello all,

I need some urgent advice. I have come across a 2002 zen , mpfi lxi ,second owner, KA registered with 66k on the odo. The quoted price is 90k to 1L. I can bargain it for about 80-85k. Is this a good price.

More importantly given the model is discontinued for about 10yrs now, will I get into trouble with high cost of spares and maintanence? Please let me know soon, the offer is only open till tomorrow afternoon.

P.S. We personally know the current owner well for many years now and he takes care of his cars well.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 08:36   #9604
BHPian

Hey guys.
I sold my old car a 2004 Hyundai Santro run 133k kms exactly 3 months ago, to Hyundai advantage in exchange for a new car. The price agreed was 70k, which was deducted from the price of the new car.
I've been calling them once a month to enquire if it's been sold, now 3 months later its still not sold. I just want to ensure that it does get re-registered. And, I need the cars sale forms,so that I can get my ncb certificate and to transfer my 50% NCB.
We will be purchasing a new car again shortly, and this time around I want to transfer the NCB to it.
I asked them where the Santro is, and he said it's with them only.
Is it normal ? To not find a buyer for 3 months?
If this is the case with a Santro, I shudder to think what will happen with our Chevrolet Aveo which is going to be replaced shortly.
Guys, please advise.
Old 27th July 2014, 09:01   #9605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Isn't the price quite high for a 12 year old hatchback which has long been discontinued?
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 20:03   #9606
BHPian

Hello everybody,
I was on the lookout for a used diesel hatch for my friend. Need it on an urgent basis. Came across a lot of used cars. Me( and him) have decided to stay away from Maruti cars primarily due to the high odo readings and insanely high prices being quoted especially by True value guys. Get this, I was given a quote of 4.95L for a 2011 Superior White Ritz Vdi, bone stock, not even a music system with an odo reading of 75k. And again a 2008 Swift Vdi ABS white run approx 1.45 L kms for 3.8L. His budget is 3.5L. He wants to have a look at the swift. But I feel its not a wise thing to do. A while back came across 2010 Ford Figo run 50k for 3.4L which I feel is more like it. Going to have a look at the car tomorrow. Is 3.4L a good price ? Variant is Zxi 1.4 Tdci with all the accessories loaded includes alloys and wider tyres. Came across this car on olx.in. Any pointers would be appreciated. Place is Cochin by the way. Thanks,in advance.
Old 27th July 2014, 21:30   #9607
BHPian

Thanks @Countme91 and @drmohitg.

The below will sound foolish and I have a feeling it is.

The final deal was at 1,07,500.

These are the considerations that made me accept.

Service with oil changes done before 3k. Good to go for atleast 5 to 8k more.

Car has stock tyres which look pretty worn out and had 10k KM LIfe. In addition we got 3k KM done 13 inch alloys with yoko a drives. No need to change in next 3 yrs.

Exide zero maintenance battery changed last year. Under warranty for next 4yrs.

Auto cop remote locking.

4 doors power windows.( back doors power windows done at extra cost)

Additional set of horns (guess hella make). A switch in the dashboard is used to alternate between the two horns.

Has been regularly used on long drives of ~500km with out any issues in last 1 yr.

Negatives:

No music system. No speakers. No HU.

The brake felt a little less impactful, especially as I drove immediately after beat diesel.

Most important the AC compressor was damaged so needs repair.

So what say guys, did I get robbed or am I ok?

I still have a chance to call this off. Let me know what you think.
Old 27th July 2014, 21:48   #9608
BHPian

Quote:
So what say guys, did I get robbed or am I ok?

I still have a chance to call this off. Let me know what you think.
The zen is a cult car. I am sure you will enjoy it. I had the pleasure of owning one from 1998 to 2002. Loved it.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th July 2014 at 07:11. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only the relevant portion of a post.
arihant jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 22:02   #9609
BHPian

The points you have mentioned are well worth the price. But please check with the AC problem ASAP and get it evaluated from a good mechanic to know the cost of repairing. I have read somewhere in TBHP where a member was charged 20-30K for repairing Zen's AC. And if the AC can be fixed within 5-7K I would say go for it. Infact Zen's AC is not that effective also.

Regarding the brakes, do check when was the last time the brake pads and shoes were changed.

Quote:
Negatives:

No music system. No speakers. No HU.

The brake felt a little less impactful, especially as I drove immediately after beat diesel.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th July 2014 at 07:12. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only relevant bits of a post. Thanks!
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 23:23   #9610
lsp
BHPian

I don't know about the Bangalore market so won't comment on the price but the AC problem would be enough to keep me away from the car. Rest is up to you and your risk appetite.

Quote:
The final deal was at 1,07,500.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th July 2014 at 07:13. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote only relevant bits of a post. Thanks!
Old 28th July 2014, 13:25   #9611
BHPian

Suzuki Grand Vitara - Have to buy on by the end of this month.

My wife and I saw a 2007 GV around 2 months ago and we totally in love with it. We test drove a Innova, Duster and many other SUV's and somehow still love the GV for the exterior looks and the comfort. I've been trying hard to lay my hands on one of these beauties. I have now put a timeline, rather deadline to buy one soon.

Here is a brief of what I'm looking for:

Great Drive
Moderately good mileage (I travel very little, 3km up and down to work everyday) and maybe around 50 kms over the weekend) This comes to around 70 kms a week and around 300 - 400 km a month. If this gives me an approximate 9kmpl I will need to put around 50 litres a month which is approx 4000/- a month.

Maintenance: I understand that a well maintained car would probably need a maintenance of 50k a year at most if there are any major overhauls.

I have seen a 70k done 2008 model GV 2.0 Ltr Manual Transmission with a Sun roof.This is being sold by a dealer, Citizen Cars, I wanted some advice on buying this. When I test drove it, it felt alright.
-The tyres have reached their end of life.
- Battery seemed ok but need to check the warranty.
- Suspension seemed bad and the car really jerked over a hump.
- Engine room looked clean
- The car vibrated quite a bit at lower speeds
- AC was moderately good
- Interiors and Exteriors of the car are clean with no major dents
- The gear handle and steering look used since its 6 years old.
- This is a KA 19 Registration which makes it a car used in the coastal area.

What else will I need to check? The dealer first told me that i can take it to any service center and get it checked and see the service history. This was later changed to " no one takes this car to a MASS after the first three services. AM planning to show it to MASS , NEXUS today evening. Would love to hear from Samurai and others here on this forum who have used the same car. He is quoting 5.75 lakhs for this and has said its negotiable. What would be a good price considering the current condition of this car?? Please advice.

My other option is another GV which is going to be on sale soon since one of my family friend is fed up of the expenses on this car since its quite a guzzler. Im hoping I would get it for a much better price too.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:46   #9612
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara - Have to buy on by the end of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanscam View Post
-The tyres have reached their end of life.
- Battery seemed ok but need to check the warranty.
- Suspension seemed bad and the car really jerked over a hump.
- The car vibrated quite a bit at lower speeds
- AC was moderately good
Quote:
...My other option is another GV which is going to be on sale soon since one of my family friend is fed up of the expenses on this car since its quite a guzzler. Im hoping I would get it for a much better price too.
Could you elaborate on the "expenses" please? Coz I believe @Samurai or @Sudev has NOT really spend a lot on their vehicles yet. Plus, I would rather grab your friend's car than a dealer car. Something just doesn't sound great in that car.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 14:54   #9613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- This is a KA 19 Registration which makes it a car used in the coastal area.

What else will I need to check? The dealer first told me that i can take it to any service center and get it checked and see the service history. This was later changed to " no one takes this car to a MASS after the first three services.

My other option is another GV which is going to be on sale soon since one of my family friend is fed up of the expenses on this car since its quite a guzzler. Im hoping I would get it for a much better price too.
Red flags as far as I can see are that its a coastal area registered vehicle, so it is more prune to rust and other stuff. You mention the suspension not being good and that the dealer has no recorded service history. I would stay away from it and wait for the other one that your friend would be selling.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 15:07   #9614
Team-BHP Support

Get the car evaluated at a dealership and they will give you the details of how the car is. Yes GV may not be very frugal, but they are workhorses and relatively cheap to own.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 16:05   #9615
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you elaborate on the "expenses" please? Coz I believe @Samurai or @Sudev has NOT really spend a lot on their vehicles yet. Plus, I would rather grab your friend's car than a dealer car. Something just doesn't sound great in that car.
I think what madmanscam meant is the mileage is very poor but as Swiftnfurious said, I would prefer taking the friend's car than a one from the dealer.
If you are going with dealer's car, then do take it to MASS and check the car thoroughly for Engine n other Mechanicals. Get the quote from MASS for the parts that are not alright for eg. the suspension overhaul. This would help you negotiating hard with the dealer for the price and also would give you a fair idea of how much the spares cost and what would be the maintenance cost you are looking at.

Last edited by nfsfreak : 28th July 2014 at 16:11.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks