Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:27   #9856

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For all the wise people out there... Need a suggestion.
I have recently moved to Bangalore and plan to buy a used car - for getting some good experience in driving in the city (and occasionally a highway ride of not more than 300 kms one way!) -- Yes, to gain experience -- professional reasons- I work for an auto R&D btw !!

I have gone through the tips given in the forum for used car buyer's and came to conclusion ( after looking at numerous ad's, complaints etc.) that I would buy it from a certified company ( true value, first choice etc.). And recently I have come across "cartrade.com" and even they talk about some kind of "certification" -- My question now is -- How trustworthy is it? Are there some experience guys out there who have dealt with cartrade.com?

Any help regarding good used car showrooms in Bangalore is also appreciated

BTW, My budget is around 2-2.5 lakhs ( alto, wagon R or santro may be) - and would stretch further if the deal is really good -Will use the car for at least 2-3 years before I go for a new one.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th October 2014 at 01:16. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post allowed, thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:44   #9857

Hello everyone ,

Is 3.25 lakhs a good price for a 95K driven 2006 sonata Embera AT (leather) petrol car in Bangalore . it is a company owned car, accident free and all services done on time.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks
radiacz
Old 23rd October 2014, 18:33   #9858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaychand87 View Post

I have gone through the tips given in the forum for used car buyer's and came to conclusion ( after looking at numerous ad's, complaints etc.) that I would buy it from a certified company ( true value, first choice etc.). And recently I have come across "cartrade.com" and even they talk about some kind of "certification" -- My question now is -- How trustworthy is it?
People have both good and bad experiences with such dealers. There is one thing which all such dealers have in common is that they offer you extremely overpriced cars.
Buying a similar model from an individual will be more easy on the pocket.

Another disadvantage is that when you buy a car from an individual or private Seller you get to know about the owner which is usually not the case with dealers.

These days with all the service records computerised, it requires just one visit to the ASS and you have all the service records of the car.

I have nothing against these dealers but I feel that it would be better to buy through a private/individual Seller, it just requires a little more effort.

Quote:
BTW, My budget is around 2-2.5 lakhs ( alto, wagon R or santro may be) - and would stretch further if the deal is really good -Will use the car for at least 2-3 years before I go for a new one.
Look up for Astar, Chevy Spark and other such cars which have comparatively lower resale values. Such cars are more VFM.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 18:51   #9859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For all the wise people out there... Need a suggestion.
I have recently moved to Bangalore and plan to buy a used car - for getting some good experience in driving in the city (and occasionally a highway ride of not more than 300 kms one way!) -- Yes, to gain experience -- professional reasons- I work for an auto R&D btw !!

I have gone through the tips given in the forum for used car buyer's and came to conclusion ( after looking at numerous ad's, complaints etc.) that I would buy it from a certified company ( true value, first choice etc.). And recently I have come across "cartrade.com" and even they talk about some kind of "certification" -- My question now is -- How trustworthy is it? Are there some experience guys out there who have dealt with cartrade.com?

I have bought 3 cars from Bimal True Value on the Marathahalli KR Puram Outer Ring Road. The showroom is just before the flyover at Mahadevpura on the left when coming from Marathahalli. My experience has been very good. You can ask for Mr Ravi. I last interacted with him around a year back. I assume he will still be there. Of course you will have to pay higher than what you would if you are going with an individual seller, but you get a years warranty and 3 free service etc.

I was in the same situation several years back. I did not know enough about Bangalore(which I still probably do not) or cars(where I am much better now) and hence was not confident to go with an individual seller.

Other option is to look at team-bhp classified for used cars being sold by members who have maintained ownership threads in the forum.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 00:56   #9860
Senior - BHPian

2008 Alto LXi 14700 kms, 2nd owner. I bought it 4 years earlier for my wife who used it sparingly. Front power windows, Central locking, Sony explod audio system and other accessories. There is an offer for 2.10, should I take it or is it slightly low?
Old 24th October 2014, 06:56   #9861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that I would buy it from a certified company ( true value, first choice etc.). And recently I have come across "cartrade.com" and even they talk about some kind of "certification" -- My question now is -- How trustworthy is it?
BTW, My budget is around 2-2.5 lakhs ( alto, wagon R or santro may be) - .
Cartrade.com doesn't certify cars after registering.. I did it recently and the response was indeed poor at Kochi.
The ideal car for you at this point of time would be a used Wagon R, which will give you better fuel consumption figures than the Santro and will fetch you good resale value too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiacz View Post
Is 3.25 lakhs a good price for a 95K driven 2006 sonata Embera AT (leather) petrol car in Bangalore . it is a company owned car, accident free and all radiacz
This would be a real good buy if all the periodical service were carried out holistically by the company.

Last edited by rajeev k : 24th October 2014 at 06:57.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 18:11   #9862
BHPian

Hi,

what would be the cost of a November 2011 Maruti Ritz done 66,500 kms still on original tyres & scratchless condition.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagedeesh
Old 24th October 2014, 18:20   #9863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi,

what would be the cost of a November 2011 Maruti Ritz done 66,500 kms still on original tyres & scratchless condition.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagedeesh
Petrol or diesel? Which city? Which trim level?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 19:20   #9864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Petrol or diesel? Which city? Which trim level?
Hi,

Diesel, Hyderabad, VDI-ABS

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadeesh.
Old 24th October 2014, 20:31   #9865
BHPian

The price will be mostly around north of 4 lacs. You can negotiate based on the condition of battery, tires, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi,

Thanks & Regards,
Jagedeesh
Old 26th October 2014, 11:21   #9866

Thanks for the quick reply rajeev k .
I took a test drive and did an inspection of the sonata AT. It was in a bad condition. The ABS light would not go off. The windshield has a huge crack on it . It has dents and bumps all over. Chrome strips missing from the back bumper. The front drivers seat cannot be moved forward or backward. The brakes were not sharp . If I went ahead with it , it would cost me a fair bit to get it into shape.
If I knew it was in such a bad condition , I would not have gone to have a look at it. The irony of the situation was that I already checked with the Hyundai A.S.S , who told me after checking the history that the car was in good condition. The only thing they warned against was the cost of a automatic transmission replacement in future which would be in the range of 4 lacks.
radiacz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 12:02   #9867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What would be the fair price for first owner, Honda City Brio, 2012model, SMT with odo at 12500 Kms. State of registration is Delhi.
is it City or Brio?
Old 26th October 2014, 12:13   #9868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
is it City or Brio?
Oops. The name city has got so much attached to Honda that subconsciously you think of them as one. The car is question is Brio.
Old 26th October 2014, 12:16   #9869
BHPian

Guys,

I need to know the present market price of Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS limited edition 2008 model (silver blue) at Goa (rust / corrosion factor to be considered). Car belongs to my friend, extremely well maintained with very low mileage. As he is upgrading to Renault Duster, this car is up for sale ( in a month or two)
Thanks, Ashok
Old 26th October 2014, 12:26   #9870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys,

I need to know the present market price of Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS limited edition 2008 model (silver blue) at Goa (rust / corrosion factor to be considered). Car belongs to my friend, extremely well maintained with very low mileage. As he is upgrading to Renault Duster, this car is up for sale ( in a month or two)
Thanks, Ashok
Hi Ashok
Nice to see you in this section. You haven't mentioned kms it has done, nonetheless don't expect anything more than 2L. Could be as bad as 1.25-1.5L also. Indian Chevys tend to rust sooner or later no matter where they are.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks