Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 09:03   #9976
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For a budget of around 2 lacs, you can consider the Zen MPFi, Zen Estilo, pre-facelifted Wagon R. These cars are easy on maintenance and have hold on to their resale value in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys this post is for my friend at Bangalore. He is looking for his first car at around Rs. 2 lakh budget and will be used sparingly for family occasions. He has a small family of 2 (himself and his mom) and is looking for a relatively affordable maintenance vehicle with low mileage. The ultra compact M800, Alto it not in the reckoning as they have lost the oomph value around. A recent almost done deal offer of Rs. 2.5 Lakh on a 2010 Santro was put on hold by me to receive some valuable advise from the forum. The budget of 2 Lakh (+/- a couple of thousands) is tightly held with no room for any wriggling further..
So if you guys have any suggestion or any offerings please put forth the same.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:33   #9977
BHPian

Sold my 2010 Nano CX, second owner, 17k kms run for Rs.75k.
ashw_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:40   #9978
BHPian

What should I get for my 2010 Innova G4 clean car, done 45000 in Jalandhar city Punjab?
Old 27th November 2014, 22:43   #9979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys this post is for my friend at Bangalore. He is looking for his first car at around Rs. 2 lakh budget and will be used sparingly for family occasions. He has a small family of 2 (himself and his mom) and is looking for a relatively affordable maintenance vehicle with low mileage. The ultra compact M800, Alto it not in the reckoning as they have lost the oomph value around. A recent almost done deal offer of Rs. 2.5 Lakh on a 2010 Santro was put on hold by me to receive some valuable advise from the forum. The budget of 2 Lakh (+/- a couple of thousands) is tightly held with no room for any wriggling further..
So if you guys have any suggestion or any offerings please put forth the same.
Chevrolet spark is a good fit too. A friend recently bought one 32k done example for 1.5 lakh. Maruti models will be expensive due to good resale values.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:02   #9980
BHPian

Outlander ! Any BHP-ian trying to sell their Outlander ? 2010+ version?

Is a used Outlander a good option in today's date. I'm ok with the car - petrol, mileage etc. But if I go for a 2010 / 2011 model, should I be worried about the maintenance costs ? And what about the spares? HM still provides decent service? Any tips ? Getting one in Pune for < 9 L (single owner, done 75 K) - going to check the car today

Any advice wud be appreciated .....

Last edited by Paleo : 28th November 2014 at 13:17.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:01   #9981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Friends
My brother in law wants to sell of his 2004 Baleno. Its Black, with alloy wheels and the OEM ICE ( with cassette player ). Car looks very good. Its a MH01 registered one. Has done 1,00,023 KM's on the ODO and the entire service history is available. Car is with me for the past 3 weeks and I have done two Pune-Mumbai-Pune round trips on that. First owner now.

How much can I tell my BIL to expect for this car? Thanks in advance.
Friends - bumping this post. help. Thank you.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:19   #9982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Friends - bumping this post. help. Thank you.
Anywhere between 70-95k seems a fair value for it considering the age of the car and also the fact that it is MH01.
Old 28th November 2014, 16:14   #9983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Its an expensive niggle
Horn not working in a Linea EPK if its not the actual horn that is bad, usually means a Faulty horn pad, which requires Airbag replacement,and can cost between 25-30K. 3.5 is simply too much, this car is not worth more than 2L.
It does not require Air bag replacement but a replacement of a smaller module which will cost 8-10K. You will only get to know the root cause after opening the horn pad.
Old 28th November 2014, 16:29   #9984
BHPian

My brother in law has decided to bid adieu to his pajero SFX. It's a 2008 example done 77000 kms chennai registered but in karur right now. It's in very good shape and for a pajero not abused at all because he's hardly taken it off road. He's the third owner the second owner was also someone in the family so I can vouch for the genuine mileage and maintenance. It's been very well maintained. How much can he expect. The dilemma here is even though he is the 3rd owner it's been sparingly used as you can see from the mileage.
Old 28th November 2014, 18:14   #9985
BHPian

My budget: 1,70,000
My requirement: Diesel car. I have a condition here. Strictly No to Zen DI (I don't know why).
Cars offered: While going through OLX and QUIKR apps in my Mobile I came across Two cars. Let me explain about each one.

Ford Fiesta TDCI(2007 Model): This is a MH registered car run around 1,75,000 kms. The owner claims to have applied for CC from MH RTA to be transferred to Hyderabad RTO. He quoted 1,90,000 Rs for this car. If I buy this car, I will have to spend about 25,000 to 30,000 Rs more for New Tyres, small dents and painting, fixing the front bumper etc., etc.

Hyundai Accent CRDI: This is a 2003 model with a Fancy number, new tyres, alloy wheels, music system and looks far better than the Fiesta. The price quoted was about 1,75,000 (Negotiable). ODO read 88,000 kms.

I am more inclined towards buying the ACCENT as I don't need to spend so much on repairs and getting the car back in shape. What do you all suggest. I am going to finalise the deal tomorrow. For how much price can I finalise the ACCENT.

Need help.
Old 28th November 2014, 18:59   #9986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My budget: 1,70,000
My requirement: Diesel car.

Ford Fiesta TDCI(2007 Model): This is a MH registered car run around 1,75,000 kms.

Hyundai Accent CRDI: This is a 2003 model with a Fancy number, new tyres, alloy wheels, music system and looks far better than the Fiesta. The price quoted was about 1,75,000 (Negotiable). ODO read 88,000 kms.

I am more inclined towards buying the ACCENT as I don't need to spend so much on repairs and getting the car back in shape. What do you all suggest. I am going to finalise the deal tomorrow. For how much price can I finalise the ACCENT.

Need help.
You surely NEED HELP! And you do end up buying any of these two, might as well play the song 'highway to HELL'. Brother why, why on earth you want to torture yourself?
The first one needs no introduction~ 1.75 L kms, the car is neck deep in grave. And the second one ~ i have seen my uncle do this very same mistake 3 years back. I can bet 90% of Accent crdi s will have a rigged odo, and to top it off a low life engine. I have never seen one going past 1.5 L kms without a engine overhaul + it still doesn't work even if get the overhaul done by spending close to a lakh and don't get me started on the turbo now.

You need a serious rethink on this issue. Better dump the idea, and both the cars, or you will be dumping your 1.7 L cash down the drain.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 19:30   #9987
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
My brother in law has decided to bid adieu to his pajero SFX. It's a 2008 example done 77000 kms chennai registered but in karur right now. It's in very good shape and*he is the 3rd owner it's been sparingly used as you can see from the mileage.
I guess a price of around 6 Lks should be a fair ask. Never know with these niche vehicles though.
The engine is rough and underpowered but reliable.

I have Fiesta S (sports ) in supreme condition. It has just crossed 40k km. Since I have other cars too, it is sparingly used. The car is KA 01Bangalore registered.
Should I sell it or keep it. I would not want it to land up with someone who cant appreciate this great driving machine.
What do teambhpians say ?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st December 2014 at 07:21. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button when posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 29th November 2014, 12:53   #9988
BHPian

Hey car geniuses

I am looking 2013 Hyundai i20 Asta Crdi with 14K on the odo, ex Mumbai. From the pictures, it looks to be in good condition. What should be a fair quote for this? Please do reply back soon.
Old 29th November 2014, 19:54   #9989
BHPian

Folks need an advice - I recently sold my 2009 Linea (Petrol) and looking for a nice used car. I am a big fan of ride and handling of fiats but their long and hard clutch is not working for my weak knee. my budget is around 4.5 -5L - Which car (in Hyderabad) would you recommend? my daily commute is not going to be more than 20-30 KMs - I always used Petrol and okay with that.

On a side note, I came across a used Civic 1.8 VMT 2009 model with 85K on odo - I have not checked the car yet but it looks nicely maintained.. may I know what should be a good price for this?
Old 29th November 2014, 20:36   #9990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Folks need an advice - I recently sold my 2009 Linea (Petrol) and looking for a nice used car. I am a big fan of ride and handling of fiats but their long and hard clutch is not working for my weak knee. my budget is around 4.5 -5L - Which car (in Hyderabad) would you recommend? my daily commute is not going to be more than 20-30 KMs - I always used Petrol and okay with that.

On a side note, I came across a used Civic 1.8 VMT 2009 model with 85K on odo - I have not checked the car yet but it looks nicely maintained.. may I know what should be a good price for this?
You should be able to score a Toyota Corolla Automatic in that budget.

Most Viewed