Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 07:06   #10081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Came across a used 2011 new shape swift zxi as a replacement for my wife's alto. It's a single owner, bangalore registered vehicle, clocked about 30k. Since its zxi it's got all the bells and whistles. Trouble is that the exterior has taken quite a beating. The bonnet needs to be repainted and there are things like a broken fog lamp, tail light etc apart from the usual dents and minor scratches. The owner is quoting about 4.3 lakhs. The tyres are already nearing their end of their life too..

Trouble is the owner has not renewed insurance which was due about a month ago. Now even if I buy the vehicle for about 4.3L, it looks like I will have to incur around 10k for the insurance, about another 20-30k on the painting and repair work. Is it worth it?

I have not come across the new swift zxi for anything less than 5 to 5.25 lakhs in bangalore.
Your feedback would be really helpful.

Frankly I would suggest stay away from such a car. You will end up spending another 60k on the car which is seriously not worth it.
Why are you so keen on a swift?
Be it petrol or diesel, swift's always have a ridiculous asking price in the used market. I suggest look for a used brio, i10, Jazz or the ritz.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 07:36   #10082
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Just wanted to use the above data points to clear the so called perception of expensive spares of Hyundai !!
Hyundai turbo chargers cost 50k +. For maruti and fords it is <20k.

Assembly of these expensive spares put together makes the car price expensive too, as it is reflected in the ex-showroom prices.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 19:32   #10083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post
It's diesel. Superb 2.0 tdi CR elegance. 38k run with complete service history. Replaced tyres around 10k Kms because they weren't good enough. Put in pirelli p7 215/55 they have tread left for at least 25-30k kilometres. It's a no expense car. How much do you say it should sell for?
Here in kerala these guys dont fetch much resale. And I really dont want to dissapoint you.
Mordred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 08:02   #10084
BHPian

Hello guys,

I have a Polo (P) Highline Nov 2013. It has run close to 27k kms. How much can I expect? I'm planning to sell my car and get a diesel one.

TIA
Old 25th December 2014, 09:48   #10085
BHPian

Hello guys

I'm having two options. Wish to have your guidance over their price

1. Toyota Fortuner
4X2 Manual transmission
model April 2014
mileage 8000km
Registration Delhi
Asking price 23lakh

2. Toyota fortuner 4X4 manual transmission
model make December 2013. Registered January 2014
mileage 11.00 km
Registration Delhi
Asking price 22lakh

Please suggest me what all should I look for and what should be the right price for these cars.

Thanks in advance
Old 25th December 2014, 11:20   #10086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hello guys

I'm having two options. Wish to have your guidance over their price

1. Toyota Fortuner
4X2 Manual transmission
model April 2014
mileage 8000km
Registration Delhi
Asking price 23lakh

2. Toyota fortuner 4X4 manual transmission
model make December 2013. Registered January 2014
mileage 11.00 km
Registration Delhi
Asking price 22lakh

Please suggest me what all should I look for and what should be the right price for these cars.

Thanks in advance
If you need only 4x2 go for it, but try to bring the price down. At least 30% lesser from the OTR price.
Old 25th December 2014, 11:23   #10087
BHPian

Would request you to spend a couple of lacs more to get yourself a new car. A fortuner 4*4 would make more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Thanks in advance
When you are spending nearly 4.60 lacs on a 3-4 year old car, it makes more sense to invest another 50k and go for a new car. Since the Swift is now available in Lxi (O) variant as well, you can try your hand based on your budget and requirements.
Quote:
I have not come across the new swift zxi for anything less than 5 to 5.25 lakhs in bangalore.
Your feedback would be really helpful.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2014 at 07:28. Reason: please dont post back to back posts. use multi quote option.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 00:34   #10088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
When you are spending nearly 4.60 lacs on a 3-4 year old car, it makes more sense to invest another 50k and go for a new car. Since the Swift is now available in Lxi (O) variant as well, you can try your hand based on your budget and requirements.

You are right. It seems quite risky to spend this kind of money on a used car. But I didn't know that swift had an option for ABS in LXi. Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Frankly I would suggest stay away from such a car. You will end up spending another 60k on the car which is seriously not worth it.
Why are you so keen on a swift?
Be it petrol or diesel, swift's always have a ridiculous asking price in the used market. I suggest look for a used brio, i10, Jazz or the ritz.

Asit

Thanks for your suggestion.I'm most likely not buying this car which I mentioned earlier. Yes, swifts command a ridiculous price! I came across another used 2010 swift zxi for about 5 lakhs! On the other hand finding petrol hatchbacks with safety features is a very tough task. Almost non existent!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2014 at 07:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 26th December 2014, 08:44   #10089
BHPian

ABS and Airbags are only available in the top end varaints. Not in the Lxi trim. Although VDi is equipped with optional ABS. Pls check with your nearest dealer.

Quote:
You are right. It seems quite risky to spend this kind of money on a used car. But I didn't know that swift had an option for ABS in LXi. Are you sure?
Old 27th December 2014, 21:00   #10090
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I was looking for a automatic that my dad can drive(he doesn't know to drive, is 63 yrs old and needs a car for transportation. He does not prefer having a driver)

So I was interested in Alto K10 AMT model, been the smallest car. But then when i went to the showroom and sat in it, it was really cramped.. My shoulders were rubbing against the door while i was seated in the co-passenger seat. And the steering was touching my thighs in driver position with seat fully pulled back.

Though this is for my dad, and he is a bit healthy, he would too feel it cramped....

Now apart from Alto AMT, looking at the used market for the cheapest reliable easy to drive automatic.....

For less than 3 lacs, found Santro Automatics and Honda city( around 2007-2008) CVT models..... Most will have around 50k - 70k kilometers on them.

But would these automatics be reliable?? have read a few threads and learnt that if the transmission goes bad, its going to set me back by lacs....

Any suggestions....
Old 27th December 2014, 22:54   #10091
BHPian

Hi All

How much should I expect for Mid2009 Dzire VXI.
Single Owner
MH02 Passing
Mileage 72500
Scratch less condition
All 4 tyres are new rplaced in september-2014, 3 yrs warrenty available.
Battery replaced in Spe-2013 Amaron, 1.5yrs warrenty still left.

I agree with Suzuki San, true value people always quote UNTRUE value for your car, In Feb-2013 they quoted 60K for my Oct-2006 42K run Baleno when i was looking for SX4, they didn't raised there quote & keep saying that its out of production & blah blah.
Finally bought a second hand SX4 & sold my Baleno in Nov-2013 at 1.40L to an individual.
Always expect around 60-90k more for your vehicle than true value quote.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2014 at 07:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 28th December 2014, 00:52   #10092
BHPian

A friend in Mumbai is selling his 2011 Chevy Magnum 2.0. I'm interested since I know the seller can be fully trusted. But need advice on three points:

1 Is it a good idea to buy since the car has long been discontinued?

2 Is it worth the trouble and costs transferring it to Delhi?

3 How much will be the avg annual maintenance costs?

Need clarity on these points before I go ahead and seal the deal. Please help.

Last edited by naru : 28th December 2014 at 00:56.
Old 28th December 2014, 11:01   #10093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
A friend in Mumbai is selling his 2011 Chevy Magnum 2.0. I'm interested since I know the seller can be fully trusted. But need advice on three points:

1 Is it a good idea to buy since the car has long been discontinued?

2 Is it worth the trouble and costs transferring it to Delhi?

3 How much will be the avg annual maintenance costs?

Need clarity on these points before I go ahead and seal the deal. Please help.

Please mention the km's done. The maintenance cost is surely high for the magnum. But it all depends on how many kms has the car clocked.
Lastly transferring a magnum to delhi from Mumbai won't be a good idea.

Asit
Old 28th December 2014, 17:03   #10094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Please mention the km's done. The maintenance cost is surely high for the magnum. But it all depends on how many kms has the car clocked.
Lastly transferring a magnum to delhi from Mumbai won't be a good idea.

Asit
It's done some 56k kms.

Clutch plate, brake pads were changed in June, simply because they were free under a Chevy three-year service scheme. Tyres too were changed around same time.

How much will be the cost of transfer from Mum to Delhi?
Old 28th December 2014, 18:44   #10095
BHPian

What would be the correct price for the below car,

Registered Location - Bangalore
Car Model - Ford Fiesta 1.6 S Petrol (Sports edition with ABS/Dual Airbag/Rear Spoilers/Etc...)
Year - Nov 2008
Single owner
Mileage - ~40000 Kms

Comprehensive insurance till Nov 2015. Condition of the car looks good from inside and outside.
Seller is quoting ~3.45 Lakhs, slightly negotiable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks