Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2015, 15:18   #10186
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Since the time I purchased my preworshipped Innova in the second week of Nov-14, my Indica was lying unused. 10.5 years, 151K kms, Indica was my trusted workhorse, but now that mantle was passed on to the Innova. When I spread the word about sale of my Indica in the close circle of friends and relatives my father-in-law (F-I-L) was the first one to table an offer. However on hearing the asking price of 1.25 lacs, he didn't show much interest. His max expectation was a lakh. He then said that if I could get any other buyer from outside who is willing to pay that much then I am free to go ahead with the deal.

Almost two months passed by, my Indica couldn't get a buyer, not that I was desperate to sell it, but I couldn't see it fighting the vagaries of the nature. Lying unused on the road it would collect layers of dust. Once in a while I used to clean it and also use it for some errands. However for the last 2.5 months it was hardly used for 500 kms, while in the same duration Innova was munching miles (4,500 kms).

Then one fine day, out of the blue, I got a call from one of my relatives that a driver in his office was interested in my car and asked if his friend who was staying near my house can test drive it. I gave the go ahead and his friend cleared the car. He made an offer of 1.15 lacs, whereas I was asking 1.21 lacs. He was ready to sit across the table and seal the deal. When my F-I-L got an inkling about this offer I was being made, he immediately called me up and said I can collect a cheque of 1.15 lacs anytime from him, if I am open to sell my car to him. Competition at its best . I said I have no hassles in selling my car to him. Sunday morning got the car washed spic-n-span from a nearby washing centre. Took the car along with all the documents. Handed over the set of 3 car keys and collected 70K in cash and a cheque of 45K.

I checked the price on carwale.com and for an Indica car of my vintage and running and excellent condition it showed a price of 1.02 lacs. By getting 13K extra over that price, I have recovered the 12.5K that I had spent on the 5 alloy wheels. What else could I have asked for. Overall very happy with the deal. Moreover the car stays within the extended family, so I can drive it whenever I want.

Now this is what is called a "win-win situation", isn't it
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 16:44   #10187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Now this is what is called a "win-win situation", isn't it
Our Indica V2 also was sold along the same story-line. It had crossed 1.2L kms and it was used quite roughly (carrying coconuts, driving to the farm with laborers in an open boot, carrying rice bags back etc.) When it was sold, we actually thought no one would even buy it. The week we put it for sale, we got almost 4-5 offers all exceeding the expected sale price. We were shocked (pleasantly) and just gave it off quickly.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 21:43   #10188

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to buy a used Honda city VTEC type 2 (2000-2003) models.
I'm guessing a decent one should cost 2-2.8 lacs. What do you guys think?
Old 26th January 2015, 21:59   #10189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to buy a used Honda city VTEC type 2 (2000-2003) models.
I'm guessing a decent one should cost 2-2.8 lacs. What do you guys think?
So much? Are you able to see any good samples in the market ? I would believe it would be extremely difficult to get a 1st owner car
Old 26th January 2015, 23:05   #10190
BHPian

Dear Esteemed BHPians,

Thanks to each one of you who gave me valuable info on - Used Car Price Check.
The 2009 1.8L V-MT Civic is without the Sun Roof.
No all Black interior Trim.
**I did not go ahead with the Deal**
The Tyres were OEM, not replaced.
Only one Remote Key, Ordinary key was missing.
With the 7L asking price, he did mention about taking my own car Insurance. He should have deducted the NCB amount from the asking price. Is that OK.
Please advice, if I look for a 2010 V-MT Civic from Bangalore:-
1. Obtain NOC from Seller + other docs from the Bangalore RTO.
2. Do I have to "once again pay for the BAL life time Tax" in Kerala State. For a Car that was initially registered in Bangalore & Life time Tax paid.
3. Are there any other hidden costs, when buying from another State.

Regards,
Joe
PS: Please call me Joe!, it is just fine with me.
Old 26th January 2015, 23:17   #10191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
3.75 to 4.2L would be the right price. At any cost, not more than 5L.
The asking price is much higher even in Bangalore. For example, see:
http://olx.in/item/honda-civic-v-mt-...tml#f3a27183d1
http://olx.in/item/honda-civic-1-8-v...tml#f3a27183d1

Wonder if the seller would get offended if one offers 4L.. No offence, but can you please share how you came to this valuation?
Old 26th January 2015, 23:38   #10192
BHPian

Deprecation CAL, my guess is:-
3% each quarter X 4 = 12% for each year.
2009 V-MT Civic Showroom > on road price was approx=15lakhs.
6 Years X 12%=72% of 15L = 10.80L .

Regards,
Joe
Old 27th January 2015, 07:36   #10193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
The asking price is much higher even in Bangalore. For example, see:
http://olx.in/item/honda-civic-v-mt-...tml#f3a27183d1
http://olx.in/item/honda-civic-1-8-v...tml#f3a27183d1

Wonder if the seller would get offended if one offers 4L.. No offence, but can you please share how you came to this valuation?
Asking price is always higher. Be it me or you, we would do the same thing!!

Civic resale value is low. My friend recently got 2010 V AT with 47k kms at 5.2L. It was a great deal.

In the given case, i would still stick to my earlier point. Not more than 5L at any cost.

You can check teambhp used car valuation thread (ibb). You should get an idea.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 07:37.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:22   #10194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joednazareth View Post
Please advice, if I look for a 2010 V-MT Civic from Bangalore:-
1. Obtain NOC from Seller + other docs from the Bangalore RTO.
2. Do I have to "once again pay for the BAL life time Tax" in Kerala State. For a Car that was initially registered in Bangalore & Life time Tax paid.
3. Are there any other hidden costs, when buying from another State.
Yeah, you would need to pay LTT, but it is pro-rata for the remaining life of the vehicle (11 yrs instead of 15 in your case). You would need the sales invoice of the car so that tax can be assessed. In KA, the tax is ridiculously high (17%), so buying out of state doesn't make sense. So, please find out how much it is for KL, before embarking on this route.

In principle, after you have paid the KL LTT you could claim refund from KA. But, I don't know of anyone who has succeeded in getting their money back from RTO.

If you decide to take 'buying out of state route', may I suggest Mumbai instead of Bangalore. Prices are much lower.

A bhpian bought outlander outside his state. Perhaps you could request him for guidance:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3598013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Asking price is always higher. Be it me or you, we would do the same thing!!

Civic resale value is low. My friend recently got 2010 V AT with 47k kms at 5.2L. It was a great deal.

In the given case, i would still stick to my earlier point. Not more than 5L at any cost.

You can check teambhp used car valuation thread (ibb). You should get an idea.
Checked the IBB, and the resale value is indeed in pits. Thanks! Would it be okay for you to share a few pointers on how your friend landed this deal?

Last edited by Su-47 : 27th January 2015 at 14:27. Reason: Added link to pg 669
Old 27th January 2015, 15:48   #10195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Thanks! Would it be okay for you to share a few pointers on how your friend landed this deal?
Welcome. My friend was in no hurry to find this car. It is his second car. He was searching only Civic for more than 3 months right from dealers to individuals.

Finally sealed this deal a month back from an individual. I don't know how much the owner quoted initially but the final price paid was Rs. 5.2L.

As far as my experience goes with my car sales etc, IBB is more accurate than carwale valuation. You may refer the same in case you require for reference.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 15:50.
Old 28th January 2015, 08:12   #10196
BHPian

Hi all

I'm selling my suzuki ritz vdi. Details are as under:-
Year March 2011
Odo 61000
Colour silky silver
Place of registration Delhi

What should be the price range for this car to expect.
Old 28th January 2015, 15:24   #10197
BHPian

Hi guys,
I managed to find one punto active mjd July 2010 with genuine 29000kms run. Owner is himself an automobile engrr and got the vehicle serviced as per schedule irrespective of low running. He was kind enough to let me drive the car for nearly 30kms for checkup at fiat......car seems perfect. Battery recently changed and tyre might last another 10k kms. Last price we came on was 2.8 lakhs. Does the price seem good for car? I really liked the car and found it to be more silent than siwft and figo... Car might need few panels painting and rubbing though. Guys please help me with price part here
Old 28th January 2015, 18:28   #10198

March 2012 i10 Sportz AT

Hi all,

Please could experienced people tell me at how much you think I should try to buy a March 2012 i10 Sportz AT run 30k km in Tamil Nadu?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th January 2015, 20:17   #10199
BHPian

What is the life of an AT in terms of Kms.
I am getting 10 yrs old santro/ zen AT which has clocked 60K kms.
Is it worth the buy for a usage of ~500 km/ month for my wife .
Old 28th January 2015, 20:27   #10200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Hi guys,
I managed to find one punto active mjd July 2010 with genuine 29000kms run. Owner is himself an automobile engrr and got the vehicle serviced as per schedule irrespective of low running. He was kind enough to let me drive the car for nearly 30kms for checkup at fiat......car seems perfect. Battery recently changed and tyre might last another 10k kms. Last price we came on was 2.8 lakhs. Does the price seem good for car? I really liked the car and found it to be more silent than siwft and figo... Car might need few panels painting and rubbing though. Guys please help me with price part here
You have an expenditure of approx Rs. 20K for tyres and atleast 8-10K for tinkering and painting. Considering this, 2.5L would be the best price. If the owner does not agree then try to close it at 2.6-2.7L.

Punto 1.3MJD is a fantastic car but unfortunately has very low resale value.

All the best

Last edited by rki2007 : 28th January 2015 at 20:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks