Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 20:44   #10201
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
You have an expenditure of approx Rs. 20K for tyres and atleast 8-10K for tinkering and painting. Considering this, 2.5L would be the best price. If the owner does not agree then try to close it at 2.6-2.7L.

Punto 1.3MJD is a fantastic car but unfortunately has very low resale value.

All the best
Thanks buddy.

Guys actually after 15 days of search i have two options at hand now.

1)July 2010 Punto MJD active with 29k kms genuine odo. Final price after negotiation is 2.8 lacs. First owner.

2) Oct 2011 Figo tdci titanium with 37k kms on odo. Current user took car from his uncle at 20k kms and stil in the name of first owner (RC reads single owner). Final price after negotiation is 2.8 lacs

Both cars need some touch up on exterior and all 4 wheels in another 10k kms. I have checked service records of both cars and odo readings are genuine and both serviced regularly at respective service centres only. There have been many comparo threads for buying new cars of these models. Please help me with chossing one of these pre owned cars considering ownership cost and reliablity as i plan to keep this purchase for 4-5 years.
Old 28th January 2015, 21:25   #10202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
1)July 2010 Punto MJD active with 29k kms genuine odo. Final price after negotiation is 2.8 lacs. First owner.

2) Oct 2011 Figo tdci titanium with 37k kms on odo. Final price after negotiation is 2.8 lacs

Please help me with chossing one of these pre owned cars considering ownership cost and reliablity as i plan to keep this purchase for 4-5 years.
Figo sounds better.

+ Newer compared to punto. 2011 vs 2010
+ Titanium - airbag, abs, bluetooth ready audio player. Punto active is the base right?
+ Figo is a very nice car to drive. Matured.
+ Ford ass is at least predictable.
+ Ford esp figo spares were far cheaper than swift's when i checked.
+ A decent number sold and part availability should be better.
+ Ford will fetch you a decent amount compared to fiat when you want to sell it. Or atleast someone will be ready to take it.

+ Punto if you are a genuine Fiat lover and want to have a Punto.

Having said that, you can still try and negotiate further for that 4 year old(2015 you see) Figo.
Old 29th January 2015, 06:45   #10203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.

Guys actually after 15 days of search i have two options at hand now.

2) Oct 2011 Figo tdci titanium with 37k kms on odo. Current user took car from his uncle at 20k kms and stil in the name of first owner (RC reads single owner). Final price after negotiation is 2.8 lacs

Both cars need some touch up on exterior and all 4 wheels in another 10k kms. I have checked service records of both cars and odo readings are genuine and both serviced regularly at respective service centres only. There have been many comparo threads for buying new cars of these models. Please help me with chossing one of these pre owned cars considering ownership cost and reliablity as i plan to keep this purchase for 4-5 years.
Figo is better between the two. But try to negotiate further. 2.8 is a bit on the higher side.
Old 29th January 2015, 08:45   #10204
BHPian

Figo will be discontinued in a few months and its resale will fall furthermore, if you are in no hurry and want Figo then why mot wait. IMO Figo will have the same fate as the Punto in the used car market in a couple of years.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:11   #10205
BHPian

Guys,

What is good BUY PRICE for 2013 320D Sportline/Luxuryline?

Bangalore Reg, and 25,000 KMs
Old 29th January 2015, 10:19   #10206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Figo will be discontinued in a few months and its resale will fall furthermore, if you are in no hurry and want Figo then why mot wait. IMO Figo will have the same fate as the Punto in the used car market in a couple of years.
Figo will still get spares at Ford service- even discontinued fusions and ikons still don't have problems with parts availability/sourcing.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:49   #10207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Figo will still get spares at Ford service- even discontinued fusions and ikons still don't have problems with parts availability/sourcing.
From your post, I interpret that getting parts for a discontinued FORD model is still possible but, same may not be apply to FIAT. I dis-agree.

I own a Palio, Punto and just recently sold the Fiesta petrol. Too me, the easiest on my pocket is still the Palio and then the Punto. Both being diesels. The Fiesta being a petrol and a year younger was a pain to maintain in terms of parts cost and constant visit to the service center. Also the mileage on the Fiesta was only 50 k vs 80 k on the Palio

To summarize, FIAT's are easy to maintain and parts are not an issue even for an UNO. (check 99rpm.com for availability). For FORD, parts are expensive and are not easily available in the open market. Yes, they are available at FORD service
Old 29th January 2015, 11:05   #10208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
From your post, I interpret that getting parts for a discontinued FORD model is still possible but, same may not be apply to FIAT. I dis-agree.

I own a Palio, Punto and just recently sold the Fiesta petrol. Too me, the easiest on my pocket is still the Palio and then the Punto. Both being diesels. The Fiesta being a petrol and a year younger was a pain to maintain in terms of parts cost and constant visit to the service center. Also the mileage on the Fiesta was only 50 k vs 80 k on the Palio

To summarize, FIAT's are easy to maintain and parts are not an issue even for an UNO. (check 99rpm.com for availability). For FORD, parts are expensive and are not easily available in the open market. Yes, they are available at FORD service
I did not infer that at all, to me both are same so far as service goes. We have come a long way since Palio and Ikon. Cannot be compared with present situation. Figo parts are cheaper than Punto. Availability of parts for both is fair as of now. Yes Punto is a better car of the two here.
Old 29th January 2015, 11:35   #10209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Guys,

What is good BUY PRICE for 2013 320D Sportline/Luxuryline?

Bangalore Reg, and 25,000 KMs
I think 30-33 lakhs depending on Condition and availability of BSI should be a fair price
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 11:37   #10210
BHPian

Thanks for your valuable inputs guys.

As far as engine in considered i liked the Punto very much. Handling seem to be almost same on both. Its the features that titanium figo is offering over active Punto which is making it more and more confusing for me.
Plus the reliability and cost of maintenance in both of these is unknown to me. Availability i don't think will be be a problem but what about the cost of spares for each?
Old 29th January 2015, 12:27   #10211
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your valuable inputs guys.
===========
Plus the reliability and cost of maintenance in both of these is unknown to me. Availability i don't think will be be a problem but what about the cost of spares for each?
Spares for Figo are somewhat easier on pocket vis a vis Punto.
Old 29th January 2015, 21:12   #10212
BHPian

Re: March 2012 i10 Sportz AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hi all

I'm selling my suzuki ritz vdi. Details are as under:-
Year March 2011
Odo 61000
Colour silky silver
Place of registration Delhi

What should be the price range for this car to expect.
2.7L you can quote and close it around 2.5L. I am presuming your car to be non abs. If it is ABS then it might fetch 10k more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Hi all,

Please could experienced people tell me at how much you think I should try to buy a March 2012 i10 Sportz AT run 30k km in Tamil Nadu?

Thanks in advance.
Which part of TN, that also matters!!. You can pay 3.5L to 3.75L if it is Chennai. Other towns I am not very sure. More or less it should be close to this price.
Old 29th January 2015, 21:53   #10213
Distinguished - BHPian

What should be the maximum resale value of a cosmetically battered Indica V2 Turbo GLS of 2008 model?? It has many dents and scratches all around with all bumpers and plastic fenders torn and broken. No light works(all broken) other than front ones. However NO Rust anywhere.
I have driven it extensively for about 1000kms so can comment on its mechanical condition.

Despite being a diesel, it has just 14000kms on its odo. For engine/transmission only a complete service with fluid change should suffice. Also the turbo kick is no where felt(like Swift MJDs), I don't know if its failed or not. Felt just like a NA diesel. Mileage is in the range of 9-10kmpl if driven sedately. With AC, it can be less fuel efficient than even THE BEAST( American Presidential Car). It lacks an Intercooler.

Suspension has sagged completely and needs replacement of struts as per TASS. All tyres are completely worn out and are bald.
And as usual, rattles and squeaks are found in abundance in the cabin.

My friend is thinking of selling it, but we are getting varied estimates from as low as 40k to about 1lacs 60 thousand. Even I am badly confused.

The car is a perfect example of negligence. You can imagine how the car has been driven that its clutch plates had to be recently changed before I got to drive it and its on its 2nd set of Bridgestones in just 14k kms.

Members, can you please guide us about the approx price it can fetch in Patna??

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 29th January 2015 at 21:56.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 22:29   #10214
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What should be the maximum resale value of a cosmetically battered Indica V2 Turbo GLS of 2008 model?? It has many dents and scratches all around with all bumpers and plastic fenders torn and broken. No light works(all broken) other than front ones. However NO Rust anywhere.
I have driven it extensively for about 1000kms so can comment on its mechanical condition.

My friend is thinking of selling it, but we are getting varied estimates from as low as 40k to about 1lacs 60 thousand. Even I am badly confused.

Dude Pls grab the 160k rupees offer. Frankly for a car in such a condition even getting 50k will be difficult.

Asit

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2015 at 00:39. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 22:37   #10215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Dude Pls grab the 160k rupees offer. Frankly for a car in such a condition even getting 50k will be difficult.

Asit
Actually the variety in quotes baffled my friend and he told me to ask on TBHP. We asked about 7-8 mechanics and all had various quotes.

Even TATA dealership was offering Rs.65k only if we buy a new Bolt from them.

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply. Will send the link to my friend.

Edit- The car in question is a DLS model, by mistake posted GLS as told by my friend and then realised that its a Diesel Car.
Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 29th January 2015 at 22:38.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed