Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 21:57   #10231
BHPian

I booked a honda city ivtec and waiti g for the delivery. It may happen sometime next month.
I need to sell my santro xs( top end). It is 2005 AP registered car with road tax apaid in KA as well. It has 57 k on the odo and runs on 1 yr old yoko tires. Recently the clutch plates were replaced.
Very well maintained. Any suggeatins on what price i can expect?
Old 27th February 2015, 11:28   #10232
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
I booked a honda city ivtec and waiti g for the delivery. It may happen sometime next month.
I need to sell my santro xs( top end). It is 2005 AP registered car with road tax apaid in KA as well. It has 57 k on the odo and runs on 1 yr old yoko tires. Recently the clutch plates were replaced.
My neighbor sold his 2005 70K run Santro (not sure of the trim) to a dealer for 1.3lacs. That was a KA registered vehicle. Not sure how the AP registration will come into play in your case.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:39   #10233

Guys, what could be the fair price for a 2009 Honda Accord Elegance 2.4 MT. I'm looking to pick one up, its done 68K, single owner & excellent condition. Price quoted is 7L. Its a Chennai registered vehicle.
Old 2nd March 2015, 22:40   #10234
BHPian

Friends . what could be a fair price to offer for a 2012 - Punto Dynamic- Diesel- 17500 kms on the odo. The car is well maintained & the owner is asking for 4.8 lacs. Considering that the Punto resale value is not on the higher side, what could be a decent offer for this car ?
Old 5th March 2015, 22:54   #10235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
I am based out of Hyderabad and looking for a similar one, may I know your expecting price, can finalize and pick from Bangalore.
pavan_6818 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 23:26   #10236
BHPian

I picked up a diamond white 2013 Scorpio vlx with airbags for 10lacs. Excellent condition had done only 33000kms. Will post some pics soon
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 13:54   #10237
BHPian

My friend has found a 2013 Black Fabia that has run 18,800 kms. The exterior looks nice, it is practically scratch free. We drove it for a couple of kms and it 'felt' nice and solid.

The owner is quoting 6 lakhs. From the used car price check tool on the forum, it says 4.98-5.39. Now is 6 lakhs too much for this car?

Also, is there something specific we should be looking for in the car before finalizing?

Thanks.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:22   #10238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Friends . what could be a fair price to offer for a 2012 - Punto Dynamic- Diesel- 17500 kms on the odo. The car is well maintained & the owner is asking for 4.8 lacs. Considering that the Punto resale value is not on the higher side, what could be a decent offer for this car ?
Dynamic variant is quite popular as it has ABS and no airbag.
Given the condition, probably close with 4.5L. And the ODO is also low given the diesel. The same for Swift would demand >5L irrespective of condition.

It should be a decent buy.
blackstallion76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 16:25   #10239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_6818 View Post
I am based out of Hyderabad and looking for a similar one, may I know your expecting price, can finalize and pick from Bangalore.
Pavan, Thanks for showing interest. I am not sure of the price to expect on this car. I plan to evaluate the car at Honda showroom this weekend to find a fair value. I will get back to you once I make up my mind. I would be happy to give my car to a team-bhpan since they know their cars.

My SA confirmed my city will be delivered around first week of April. FYI.
Old 10th March 2015, 02:58   #10240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
My friend has found a 2013 Black Fabia that has run 18,800 kms. The exterior looks nice, it is practically scratch free. We drove it for a couple of kms and it 'felt' nice and solid.

The owner is quoting 6 lakhs. From the used car price check tool on the forum, it says 4.98-5.39. Now is 6 lakhs too much for this car?

Also, is there something specific we should be looking for in the car before finalizing?

Thanks.
Does the vehicle have extended warranty to cover for at least another 2 years?

Does the vehicle have zero dep insurance in place?

Does the vehicle have all service records available?

If all the above are yes, then he may want to start the negotiations at around the price that the internet tool is quoting. If not, I'd suggest you look at other brands (an older i20 or a Polo GT, perhaps?) as well. Fabia is almost at the end of it's product life and there could be a replacement soon (though I haven't heard much).
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 13:27   #10241
BHPian

We are looking at Grand i10 Asta 2014, done about 6000 Kms. Excellent condition. What should be the maximum price that we should pay for this. The owner is expecting somewhere about 4.60 -4.70.
Old 10th March 2015, 19:54   #10242
BANNED

Quote:
I must say that friend of yours is not really a Friend. Of all brands in this world available in India, he found a skoda for you! you have got to be kidding.

Quote:
6 lakhs! is he selling a Superb under Fabia Name? now i am not an expert when it comes to second hand cars. but 6 lakh for a Fabia!
Bravo, the owner has some guts or is living in a world where Skoda and maruti have exchanged their USPs.

Quote:
yes, look for any brand than a Skoda. My friend drives a superb and he prays everyday that his car doesnt give him any problems. Last month he had to leave his Superb for a week at ASC because Skoda could not replace one part. And the ASC guys said, we cannot inform you when the part arrives, so better leave your car here! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!
The Manager told him that if he doesnt leave his car there, and if someone else requires that part, they will give him priority. Basically Skoda is a Joke.

DONT GO FOR IT

Last edited by sukhi29 : 10th March 2015 at 19:55.
sukhi29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 22:52   #10243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_rx View Post
Guys, what could be the fair price for a 2009 Honda Accord Elegance 2.4 MT. I'm looking to pick one up, its done 68K, single owner & excellent condition. Price quoted is 7L. Its a Chennai registered vehicle.
Dear Friend,

2009 Honda Accord 2.4 MT should be around 6 lacs, provided it has at least 60% tyre life (going to cost you, around 35k to 40k, for ok type and around 50k for a top of the line tyre like michelein etc. chances are either tyres are new or going to be bald, as a typical accord tyre goes for 25-30k life, on good tarmac, due to soft compound nature of all high end cars. A little tread depth is always left in these cars, due to high spee driving in highways. so dont be fooled by the 1.5 to 2mm tread depth, which is the minimum for these tyres. (your chennai also has rains, so all the more tread requirement.)

we have an accord 2010 accord AT, v6, in our Dubai office. hence the advise.

You need to check suspension, bushes, engine mount, cluth plate, wheel bearing, a/c condenser, thermostat, and take complete service history.

In kolkata, They are asking anything between 5-6, as most of these are company owned, and they have outlived their tax utility!

Hope this was useful. If you had previously not owned such vehicle, then please get the spare part price list, as well as the labour rate list for the accord from the local dealer. Perhaps you might get a surprise.

Also ask if it was driver driven (avoid those), or self driven. If self driven, ask the local mechanic and any parts dealer. check the same for the parts and labour prices.

Hope you got the message.

Wish you all the best. Its a very nice car. You and your family specially the kids will get spoilt after some consecutive rides. They will shun all other cars. My kids have !

Regards

dr. sen
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 23:04   #10244
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Dear Friend,

Walk away from this deal. Fabia is notorious for parts deficiency with the dealer, with the octavia in tow.

Anyhow, a 14k odo readding in 1 year means, the owner has driven it to his heart full, and didnt like it. Wants to move on. Chances are he was crazy for a skoda brand (octavia or Laura), but could afford fabia.

Chances are you will keep the vehicle for 2-3 years and sell the same. If you are going to drive around 30 -40k within that, then its ok. As a 5 year old fabia will require a lot of cajoling to sell. may be lock the customer in till he agrees to buy, or give him 12 months warranty. or if you are not satisfied, then full mony back (valid for 30 days, like flip kart )

Jokes, apart, since you are a fellow brethren, hence the advise. Be prepared to loose around 3 lacs in value in 2 years. if you can digest that, for your adventure trip. All the best for you.

My advise, leave fabia, go for polo. at least you will get some respect, adulation and admiration. Fabia will attract only pityness. . again jokes apart, ask him 4 lacs. and settttle for 4.2 to 4.4 lacs, at most. Brother my heart is bleeding, even writing these figure of 4.2 lacs !

By second thought, get rid of your friend who advised you a fabia for 6lacs, and may be if you offer 3 lacs, you might end up shaking off both the seller and the friend. How about that !

Regards,

dr. sen

Last edited by dr. sen : 12th March 2015 at 23:10. Reason: want to add the following:
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 23:18   #10245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Can any one suggest me what price to ask for 2007 Honda Civic 1.8s Manual transmission. 58k done. New yokohama tires.
White color. Delhi regn.
Dear Friend,

Please offer anything between 2.5 to 2.75 lacs at maximum. 3 lacs if he can produce full genuine service and insurance record.

All the best.

Regards

dr. sen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks