Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 18:48   #10981
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Is Ford Figo Diesel ZXi, 2013 model, run 12K km in Bangalore @ 3.8L a good price? Owner wants to go for a new bigger car. The back bumper has some issues & some squeaks (not rattles), which he claims can be fixed.

Is it a good buy? Need feedback today to finalize it asap. Any other recommendation will be helpful. Thanks.

PS: Been checking on a used car for last 2 weekends now as I need a car now urgently & don't want to plonk in a huge amount of money for a new one immediately. Its too time consuming & frustrating with dealers posting ads as individuals. This was one of the decent ones of the lot.
Old 21st December 2015, 23:58   #10982
BHPian

Hello.just sold my swift Zdi 2011 end make and 70k kms run for 3.90 to a dealer.Swift resale is not what it used to be.
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:54   #10983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
What could we expect for a 2007 Maruti Wagon R VXI, 59000 approx on the ODO. Self driven and serviced at ASS. ORVM needs replacement. MH04 registered. Thanks.
It would be around 1.5 lakhs. Before buying please take the vehicle to Maruti and tell them to give a estimate.
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:31   #10984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
... White in colour and has done 18,000 Kms. After negotiating the seller has come down to 5.35 lakhs. Liked the car but the only strange thing was that the front tires had very little tread left. I checked the service history of the car and it seems to match with the odo reading. Not sure how this adds up.
This reminds me that a colleagues's Jag used to need new tyres every 15k miles. Explanation provided by the dealer was high torque and his aggressive driving style. So, if someone is spinning the wheels for fun, front tyres on FWD could wear out fast.
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:16   #10985
BHPian

Hi folks
Just had a dilemma
I have narrowed down my search for a second hand car to two models.
The I10 and the police.

Which one would be the car to go for considering that I'm looking for a petrol that will do about 3500kms annualy

Any other cars I should look for in the 3-4 lakhs range.

I am a 6footer so cars like the alto or kid don't cut it for me

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:25   #10986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi folks
Just had a dilemma
The I10 and the police.

Which one would be the car to go for considering that I'm looking for a petrol that will do about 3500kms annualy

Thanks in advance
The i10 should be decent for you, considering the mileage and your size. Have you looked at the rest of the Maruti hatch stable? And Ford as well?
However, just for kicks I'd love to see you go for the "police". 3-4 lacs, you say?
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:49   #10987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The i10 should be decent for you, considering the mileage and your size. Have you looked at the rest of the Maruti hatch stable? And Ford as well?
However, just for kicks I'd love to see you go for the "police". 3-4 lacs, you say?
Hi mayankk

Thanks for the advice. And yeah that police should have been polo. Damn autocorrect got me
Ne0N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:53   #10988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi folks
Just had a dilemma
The I10 and the polo .

Thanks in advance
Hi folks

Wanted to know if the polo is a high maintenance car when compared to the I10 also what's the pros and cons of a second hand polo
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:30   #10989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyendu Sharma View Post
Hello.just sold my swift Zdi 2011 end make and 70k kms run for 3.90 to a dealer.Swift resale is not what it used to be.
Swift with CH number still fetches quite a buck and dealers always quote peanuts. It's a bread and butter car for used car dealers.
It is wise to seek an individual buyer. By omitting a dealer, you make a win-win situation.
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:44   #10990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Swift with CH number still fetches quite a buck and dealers always quote peanuts. It's a bread and butter car for used car dealers.
It is wise to seek an individual buyer. By omitting a dealer, you make a win-win situation.
True but I first tried selling to direct individuals who had weird payment terms. lol Also their offers were around 4 lakh only as the car is more than 4 years old and required some denting and stuff.
Old 25th December 2015, 15:35   #10991
BHPian

Have my eyes on buying a used Audi S4, November 2013 and 44,000kms driven. Seems to be a well maintained car.

I assume like other Audi's, the two year warranty has already expired. The high mileage is the only concern for me as I'm looking at reliability issues over the next few years or the longer term.

What would be a decent price for me to buy that car and any other inputs guys?
Old 27th December 2015, 22:34   #10992
lsp
BHPian

Hello all,
I am thinking of replacing my ageing Santro June 2005 model, 100k run, with a newer second hand car. The santro is still going strong but is showing its age. It is in fair condition with scratched on almost all panels thanks to Delhi traffic and artistic neighborhood children. The tyres have max 10k left in them. The engine is still good and I have serviced it on time from outside using new engine oil, Oil filter and air filter every 5k kms. Only one claim made till date which was to replace the shattered rear window which was broken on my parked car when a truck's tyre burst in near vicinity. (2 other cars also had their windows shattered).

How much can I expect it to fetch me?

My plan is use the money from Santro and add another 1.5-2 Lacs and go for a newer model i10, WagonR. Open to both Petrol and Diesel. Looking only for hatchbacks as parking is a huge problem.

Need advise on what should I be expecting and what are the options for a new purchase.

I am scared of being fleeced from both sides (less amount while selling and high amount while buyin) if I approach a car dealer with my situation. Kindly help.

Last edited by lsp : 27th December 2015 at 22:35. Reason: added info
Old 28th December 2015, 14:13   #10993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
...Hello all,
I am thinking of replacing my ageing Santro June 2005 model, 100k run, with a newer second hand car...
Santro Xing, 11th year running, with 1 lac+ km on the odo is not really a hot cake in the used car market. If your car is maintained exceptionally well and you are able to find a genuine buyer yourself, 1.25 lac should be your best expectation. I would suggest you keep 1 lac as a realistic expectation. Used car dealers won't offer anything more than 60-70k, if not lesser.

Regrading your replacement options, the i10 is mechanically same as a Santro, except if you plan to get the 1.2 Kappa engined versions. Similarly, I don't see the logic in replacing a Santro with a used WagonR either. You should be looking to upgrade to the Swift/Figo/Polo segment, don't you think. But with a 1+2=3 lac budget, you'll have to compromise heavily - either go for a really old or high mileage car!

Better option would be to hold onto your Santro for another 2-3 years, improve your budget for the next car and then go for a new B2 segment hatch, especially since you tend to keep your car for long periods.

Do take a look at our Repair vs Replace thread, and ask yourself whether you really 'need' to replace your Santro. Hope this helps!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 16:14   #10994
BHPian

I have a 2000 June model of a Qualis - GS. It has the dual ac and is an 8 seater. It has a fair share of dents on most panels, but nothing ugly. Am wondering whether to sell or repaint. Have had this dilemma in the past but now the urge is more. Wondering what I can expect if I sell it. It has alloys and one year old tyres. Have done 133K on the odo and is mainly driven by my wife. We got it recertified recently as it crossed 15 years.

I also have a 9 year old swift zxi petrol. It has 3 year old Michelins and has a total of 40K on the ODO. Has some rust on one of the doors, else the condition is good and is mainly used for my office commute. I dont mind swapping this if the expected sell price is more.
Old 28th December 2015, 16:59   #10995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have a 2000 June model of a Qualis - GS. It has the dual ac and is an 8 seater. It has a fair share of dents on most panels, but nothing ugly. Am wondering whether to sell or repaint. Have had this dilemma in the past but now the urge is more. Wondering what I can expect if I sell it. It has alloys and one year old tyres. Have done 133K on the odo and is mainly driven by my wife. We got it recertified recently as it crossed 15 years.

I also have a 9 year old swift zxi petrol. It has 3 year old Michelins and has a total of 40K on the ODO. Has some rust on one of the doors, else the condition is good and is mainly used for my office commute. I dont mind swapping this if the expected sell price is more.
As per my opinion, both will sell for 2 lakhs each. The good thing is that you would not have to undergo too much of a hassle to sell the vehicles since they are both in demand in the second hand market. 2 lakhs means the lowest price you can expect to sell them at as per me
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks