Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 12:31   #11176
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What is a fair market price for a 2007 Maruti 800 AC BS III (Bangalore) ? It is a second owner car, bought in 2009.
Carwale evaluates it around Rs.1 lakh and the exchange value quoted by the dealers is 80k.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:28   #11177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
58k for almost 2 year old vehicle is some serious running. You can probably get similar run vehicle but 2012 model at around 8 Lakhs in Mumbai. 12 Lakhs is good considering 2014 model but looking at the KMS run I'll probably look at 2012-2013 models and save couple of lakhs.
Yes 58k does seem high for a 2 year old car. Aside from the price, can I expect a hassle free ownership experience for the next 50K kms on the car (generally speaking for an XUV)? I don't mind changing the tires along the way (the tires have about 50% tread left from what I could tell), but would absolutely like to avoid any major maintenance jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
58k is almost 5 years running. The discount you are being offered does not reflect this.
If you reach the 100k mark soon, your resale will take a big hit.
You need to be given a much bigger discount.
Hmm...didn't think of it like that. Thanks for mentioning that. I most surely will try to negotiate it down to 10 or 10.5, or else walk away.

By the way after looking at the XUVs the Duster isn't looking that good, but I did like the ride quality of the Renault. Also it is a lot more practical than the Mahindra in many ways.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:58   #11178
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I wish to seek the expert opinion of the forum members on an issue regarding buying a car for my son.

I am getting a Ford Figo Model ZXi 2013 production model (brand new / unused car) with 2 year & 1 lac kms company warranty.

My obvious question is that how come such a car is unsold by a dealer ? Specially as Figo was being sold at good discounts before the new model was launched.

#1 Need to cross check VIN number to get the real date of production et al

#2 Do rubber parts need to be replaced before taking delivery as they would have dried up / cracked ? This is a grey area for me - any factual information would be highly appreciated

#3 What is a fair price to buy this car - given that it is a 3 year old production model - though it will / does come with full warranty.

#4 Car was 6.80 Lacs on road in 2013

#5 Intend to use the car for a long time - 5 years at the least

Look forward to comments & suggestions, anything I am missing ?

Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 10:43   #11179
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, what would be the price I can expect for my 2008 Swift VDi ABS which has run 63500km in Bangalore? I have recently changed the clutch at 60000km and car is still running on original brake pads.

The car was taken on company lease and I transferred it to me after the lease period. I have complete service history including the delivery documentation signed by me.

I posted the car on carwale and I have been getting calls quoting a very low figure.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:28   #11180
BHPian

You are right! My friend found a buyer for 4.6 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarufan View Post
I came across a similarly described Swift for which the seller was asking for 4.7lakhs which matched bhps depreciation calculator. However at that time I felt it was an overly used car because in less than 2 years it ran abt 1 lakh km.. So for 32k km, a 2012 vdi shud go for abt 4.5lakhs I guess.. Comments welcome
Old 12th March 2016, 21:41   #11181
BHPian

I'm in the market for a whale. Specs are as follows :-
1. Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, recommendations for any other car that can be considered
2. Will be driven by a driver, rear seat comfort most important.
3. Auto transmission a plus but not necessary.
4. Car must not be more than 4yrs old.
5. Apart from the Japs, what are the other reliable whales?
6. Open to considering a SUV too, but must fit the definition of a depreciated whale/large barge(like the cr-v).

What are the best options to consider in this category. Honda Accord seems to be available aplenty but post 2012 models are scarce. Camry seems to be ridiculously priced.
Old 12th March 2016, 23:43   #11182
BHPian

What should be correct price for my civic 06 AT with sequential cng kit ? The car has done around 72k and is registered at Mumbai.A used car dealer has offered 2.8 Lakhs. The car is in perfect condition. He is willing to offer higher price if I buy something from his stock. I'm still not too sure if I need other vehicle as my usage has decreased.
Hence want to know if 2.8 Lakhs is a good price?
Old 13th March 2016, 01:00   #11183
BHPian

Hey guys, please help me evaluate this -

Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 Petrol
  • 2009 Model
  • 60k on the odo
  • UP registration
  • Good condition overall, no mechanical faults, minor dent on the hood
Old 13th March 2016, 10:47   #11184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi

I wish to seek the expert opinion of the forum members on an issue regarding buying a car for my son.

I am getting a Ford Figo Model ZXi 2013 production model (brand new / unused car) with 2 year & 1 lac kms company warranty.

My obvious question is that how come such a car is unsold by a dealer ? Specially as Figo was being sold at good discounts before the new model was launched.

#1 Need to cross check VIN number to get the real date of production et al

#2 Do rubber parts need to be replaced before taking delivery as they would have dried up / cracked ? This is a grey area for me - any factual information would be highly appreciated

#3 What is a fair price to buy this car - given that it is a 3 year old production model - though it will / does come with full warranty.

#4 Car was 6.80 Lacs on road in 2013

#5 Intend to use the car for a long time - 5 years at the least

Look forward to comments & suggestions, anything I am missing ?

Thanks
There is a lot of needless worry and fear about this issue in India.
If you are getting a really good deal, then go for it as long as you can be certain that the car is new and unused. There should be at least a discount of over 1.5 lakhs to make this worthwhile. Look at it this way: if that car had been sold in 2013, it would be nearly new now and you wouldn't be worried about it having any issues. Cars are made to withstand being parked. The only things that can go bad are the tyres and the battery. You can try to get new tyres and a fresh battery as a part of the deal. If the interior doesn't have any cracks or damage from the sun and the car drives well, I would have no worries. Beter save a couple of lakhs upfront than pay more worrying about some imaginary damage.

Last edited by Lobogris : 13th March 2016 at 11:06.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 11:54   #11185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
1. Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, recommendations for any other car that can be considered
6. Open to considering a SUV too, but must fit the definition of a depreciated whale/large barge(like the cr-v).

What are the best options to consider in this category. Honda Accord seems to be available aplenty but post 2012 models are scarce. Camry seems to be ridiculously priced.
Nissan Tiana, CRV, Mitsubishi Outlander, Superb, Passat.
Old 13th March 2016, 15:58   #11186
BHPian

Looking at a 2012 Thar AC CRDe. 13000 on the odo (unsure about its authenticity yet).

IBB/Team-bhp calculator suggests 4.8-5L while Carwale suggests 5.7L.

There are mods worth around 70k which, after 4 years at 17%, should now should depreciate to 33k. Is this the right way to estimate the worth of mods/accessories?

If the car's advertised condition checks out, should I be stubborn about a max price of 5.5L?

The quoted price, btw, is 6.26L. The gap between the asking price and what I expect to pay seems ridiculously high, hence my question.
Old 13th March 2016, 20:09   #11187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
If you are getting a really good deal, then go for it as long as you can be certain that the car is new and unused. There should be at least a discount of over 1.5 lakhs to make this worthwhile. Look at it this way: if that car had been sold in 2013, it would be nearly new now and you wouldn't be worried about it having any issues. Cars are made to withstand being parked. The only things that can go bad are the tyres and the battery. You can try to get new tyres and a fresh battery as a part of the deal. If the interior doesn't have any cracks or damage from the sun and the car drives well, I would have no worries. Beter save a couple of lakhs upfront than pay more worrying about some imaginary damage.

Thanks for the response, for some strange reason the dealer does NOT want to sell that car now

I got a great deal on the latest model Figo Got a discount of 70k straight off on a brand new car production model 2015 - I think that is a fairly good deal

Thanks for the inputs

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 20:29   #11188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi

A Figo that hasn't been sold for 3 years is shocking. Every single rubber part from tyres, to brake pads, to bushes and even parts like brake rotors and the battery are all at risk of needing replacement. Company will simply wash their hands off saying these are wear and tear items thus not covered under warranty. I would strongly advise against buying this car for your son. Even with a 50% discount, the car could pose to be a major pain and it doesn't even come with airbags and abs for your son, so why bother?

Look into the used car market for something like a titanium spec Figo instead. If you let us know your requirements, could definitely help you come to an appropriate decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post

If you are going to be chauffeured around, then the Camry and Accord simply dont stand a chance against the Nissan Teana when it comes to wafting its passengers about in supreme comfort and ambiance. Everything from the material, to the foam used, to the shape of the seats in the Teana, are all built for one thing; to pamper you. Best barge to be chauffeured in, this side of 50 lakhs. Absolutely no contest IMO

Last edited by IshaanIan : 13th March 2016 at 20:31.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 23:26   #11189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post

If -------snip----- more worrying about some imaginary damage.
That's not sound advice, I think.
Cars can withstand being parked, but they're made to drive. A standing car will always develop some fault or the other. A lot of rubber in cars apart from just the tyres. Fluids deteriorate. And I don't think the dealer will have kept it in optimum storage conditions,with everything drained.
Old 14th March 2016, 09:42   #11190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That's not sound advice, I think.
Cars can withstand being parked, but they're made to drive. A standing car will always develop some fault or the other. A lot of rubber in cars apart from just the tyres. Fluids deteriorate. And I don't think the dealer will have kept it in optimum storage conditions,with everything drained.
That is why I recommended changing the tyres and the battery. Your idea of changing fluids is also valid. Apart from that I don't see any major issues. Of course I assumed a service and a through check up to be done which would include changing the fluids, inspecting the brakes etc. In any case the point is moot now as the OP was unable to purchase the car in question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks