Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 19:05   #11191
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

If you are going to be chauffeured around, then the Camry and Accord simply dont stand a chance against the Nissan Teana when it comes to wafting its passengers about in supreme comfort and ambiance. Everything from the material, to the foam used, to the shape of the seats in the Teana, are all built for one thing; to pamper you. Best barge to be chauffeured in, this side of 50 lakhs. Absolutely no contest IMO
The problem is that I am unable to find a 2012 upwards Nissan Teana for sale!!!!
duke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:20   #11192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
The problem is that I am unable to find a 2012 upwards Nissan Teana for sale!!!!
You live in Delhi right? And you expect me to believe that still you can't find a new shape Teana for sale? Come on yaar! Make a few calls, go beyond an olx search atleast I'm sure you will be able to find atleast 3 Just a simple google search with the key words "Teana" "Used" "India" will lead to several websites with several listings that you can sort by city/state, a simple call to the top used car dealers in your region will also help.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 14th March 2016 at 22:50.
Old 15th March 2016, 22:26   #11193
BHPian

Could anyone please help me know, What would be an ideal price for 2010 may corolla altis petrol , G variant , single owner with 65k odo in Bangalore
Old 16th March 2016, 05:39   #11194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You live in Delhi right? And you expect me to believe that still you can't find a new shape Teana for sale? Come on yaar! Make a few calls, go beyond an olx search atleast I'm sure you will be able to find atleast 3 Just a simple google search with the key words "Teana" "Used" "India" will lead to several websites with several listings that you can sort by city/state, a simple call to the top used car dealers in your region will also help.
Now now... I did a lot of that. Not much came back my way barring a 2008 Teana with a 100k on the odo being quoted for 12L. *smirk* tell me about it.

Delhi didn't seem to take well to Nissan I guess.
Old 16th March 2016, 11:46   #11195
Senior - BHPian

Teana hardly sold double digit numbers in Delhi NCR. I have till date seen 3 or 4 in all these years - finding a good used example would NOT be easy
Old 16th March 2016, 16:45   #11196
BHPian

What would be the selling price for a single owner 2006 Indica DLG TCIC, 123k km done? The body has some scratches, but mechanically it is sound. No impending engine or suspension work...

The dealers/agents are quoting a ridiculously low number...
Old 16th March 2016, 17:10   #11197
BHPian

I wish to trade my car with following particulars,

Make : Tata.
Model : Indica Vista.
Engine : Safire 1.2.
Fuel type : Petrol.
Colour : Arctic Silver.
Trim : Aura (Top of line without Airbags or ABS).
Kms run : 49000.
No of owners : Single.
Year and Month : 2009, May.

Condition : No accidents, all components, fixtures and fittings
working. All new tyres, less than 2000 kms run. Car in top
running condition.

Could anyone help me in computing a reasonable asking price.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th March 2016, 22:17   #11198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
I wish to trade my car with following particulars,

Model : Indica Vista.
Engine : Safire 1.2.
Kms run : 49000.
Year and Month : 2009, May.
Could anyone help me in computing a reasonable asking price.

Thanks in advance.
Between 1.4 - 1.8 would be the ideal price range.
1.4L in case the some dents & scratches & 1.7-1.8L in case of a scratch less body.

When you say trade, are you referring to an exchange for a new car? Dealers offer terribly low price, especially for Tata Petrols. But with a handsome exchange bonus, it should come to the above mentioned ball park.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:01   #11199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Between 1.4 - 1.8 would be the ideal price range.
1.4L in case the some dents & scratches & 1.7-1.8L in case of a scratch less body.

When you say trade, are you referring to an exchange for a new car? Dealers offer terribly low price, especially for Tata Petrols. But with a handsome exchange bonus, it should come to the above mentioned ball park.
Thank you very very much friend. Your answer has helped me a ton.

Yes, I am looking for an upgrade. However the dealer has quoted Rs 60k which I feel was ridiculously low for a well maintained car (i.e., no mechanical, electrical or structural issues). The main contention of the dealership is "Sir, It is TATA".

Yes the car has no dents. But paint level scratches are there. Generally my car picks up them when parked, and they vanish once my car undergoes wax polish. Else I get them removed by machine grinding which comes to Rs. 600.

Off note could you please throw some tight on the third party car buyers such as Mahindra First Choice etc. Do they offer a reasonable price?

Last edited by King_pin09 : 17th March 2016 at 10:06.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:22   #11200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post

Off note could you please throw some tight on the third party car buyers such as Mahindra First Choice etc. Do they offer a reasonable price?
If you want a decent price for your car, sell it to a direct buyer.
Use the services of OLX, CarWale, car trade, etc. Even t-bhp has the classified section. Use that.
Avoid car dealers.
At the most, trade in if the exchange Bonus is good.
Old 18th March 2016, 14:16   #11201
BHPian

Folks,

What is a good price for the below car in Bangalore?

Black Honda Civic in excellent condition, top-end model, single owner,
Model year: 2011
Kms driven: 10k kms
Engine: 1.8 L Petrol
Automatic transmission
Cruise control
ABS + EBD
Fog lamps
15-inch alloy wheels
Sunroof
Beige leather seats
Insurance status: unknown

Reason: Hardly being used as we have a second car.
Old 20th March 2016, 21:40   #11202

Need your help in deciding between 2 options in preowned cars.

Option 1. Volvo S80 D5, Sept 2009, Black colour, 70K driven in very neat condition inside out. It drives smooth, very well kitted, excellent safety, good tyres (75% left). Everything looks good about the car. I can say that condition of this car is like pre-worshipped.

Option 2: White BMW X1, mid 2012, 55K, overall good condition except the fact that tyres need replacement soon.

Both cars come at nearly same price of around 16L. S80 looks and feel much better, but BMW is newer. BMW drives better, but S80 has much better ride, comfort and safety. BMW needs additional tyre replacement immediately.

I understand that both these cars are from completely different segment.

I was actually looking for a comfortable diesel automatic car which offers good safety features. I started looking for a used car as my budget was around 15L and all the new cars with god safety kit and diesel AT are north of 25L on road in Hyderabad.

Please let me know your thoughts, and if I should take the plunge and buy one of these, BMW X1 or Volvo S80. Any suggestion and thoughts on reliability an d maintenance issues with these cars will be very helpful.
Old 20th March 2016, 22:40   #11203
BANNED

Seeing that you are so conscious of the tyre wear in either car I dont think you should buy either. I understand that is only an observation but the reason is that these cars, while being comfortable and good to drive, are also very heavy on the pocket to repair and maintain. Also all spares may not be instantly available given that these are not the latest. If this your main car, then the long waits in the A$$ could be very upsetting.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 23:10   #11204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
....Option 1. Volvo S80 D5, .... I can say that condition of this car is like pre-worshipped.

.... S80 looks and feel much better, but BMW is newer...
This statement makes a very bold impression on the way both cars were treated. My suggestion would be the S80 if you have a competent A$$ and you are willing to forget the snob value of a Beemer.

I don't have any insight on the reliability of a Volvo, so would skip it. But I personally believe those are engineered well and we don't hear a lot (positives / negatives to a sizeable quantity) because a lot of people don't buy those. Someone who is a pioneer of safety standards can't overlook the engineering side of a vehicles either is my thought process.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th March 2016 at 23:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 13:58   #11205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
Option 1. Volvo S80 D5, Sept 2009, Black colour, 70K driven in very neat condition inside out. It drives smooth, very well kitted, excellent safety, good tyres (75% left). Everything looks good about the car. I can say that condition of this car is like pre-worshipped.

Option 2: White BMW X1, mid 2012, 55K, overall good condition except the fact that tyres need replacement soon.

I understand that both these cars are from completely different segment.

I was actually looking for a comfortable diesel automatic car which offers good safety features. I started looking for a used car as my budget was around 15L and all the new cars with god safety kit and diesel AT are north of 25L on road in Hyderabad.

Please let me know your thoughts, and if I should take the plunge and buy one of these, BMW X1 or Volvo S80. Any suggestion and thoughts on reliability an d maintenance issues with these cars will be very helpful.
Going off on a tangent here. Since your base requirement is a diesel automatic SUV with good safety features, why not look at a new XUV500 Automatic? It is 2-3 lakhs above your budget, but that additional budget in all probability will be offset by the maintenance costs that you will incur on a few years old premium segment car.

The XUV is a good fast diesel Automatic and comes with pretty much all the safety features that one would expect (ABS+EBD, 6 airbags, Stability Control with Roll over mitigation, Hill Assist, Hill Descent control)
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks