Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:10   #11386
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
What would be the right price for 2015 Tjet Emotion which has covered 18k kms. There are no mods done on the car.
A new one is available at ~10.75.
A friend bought an 8-months old Tjet Emotion (7K km run, totally stock) for 6.5L in Pune last December. The seller let go off for this low as he was in a hurry of migrating abroad. But even otherwise, 7-7.25L should be an appropriate price for 1-year old 18K km run Tjet Emotion.
RishikeshK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:10   #11387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have a Maruti Zen
- 2002 model
- 1,02,000 kms
- Alloy wheels
- New Bridgestone Potenza G3 tyres
- Second owner
- Bangalore registered
I am planning to sell the same, what would be the approximate price for the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
This car with the jelly bean shape is acheiving collectible status slowly. I would wait for a buyer who is ready to shell out 3.50-4.00 lakhs atleast. This car has no comparision. Sadly Maruti Suzuki discontinued this model in favur of Zen Estilo which was a flop IMO.
Thanks Drivethru. I would be happy even if I get half of this. Anybody listening, please PM me if you are interested.
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:24   #11388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
A friend bought an 8-months old Tjet Emotion (7K km run, totally stock) for 6.5L in Pune last December. The seller let go off for this low as he was in a hurry of migrating abroad. But even otherwise, 7-7.25L should be an appropriate price for 1-year old 18K km run Tjet Emotion.
6.5L for one year old Tjet is a very good price indeed. Somehow, I have a feeling that used cars in Pune are cheaper than in Bangalore. People in Bangalore are quoting much higher prices and do not seem to be ready to negotiate hard. This is my perception.
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:27   #11389
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Maruti Zen
- 2002 model
- 1,02,000 kms
- Alloy wheels
- Second owner
- Bangalore registered
I am planning to sell the same, what would be the approximate price for the same?
Quote:

This car with the jelly bean shape is acheiving collectible status slowly. I would wait for a buyer who is ready to shell out 3.50-4.00 lakhs atleast. This car has no comparision. Sadly Maruti Suzuki discontinued this model in favur of Zen Estilo which was a flop IMO.

Its good to be optimistic but 3.5L-4L ?

Carwale estimates a market value of 52,000. I know at times they are not accurate but I don't think you will get a buyer at 7-8x of that.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=54201474&vt=1
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:05   #11390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Maruti Zen
- 2002 model
- 1,02,000 kms
- Alloy wheels
- Second owner
- Bangalore registered
Quote:
Woah I doubt that is ever going to happen. Even a Zen Steel/Carbon will struggle to sell for that much. Carwale might be too harsh with its estimates. Considering the fact that it is running on new Potenzas and assuming it is fresh in terms of exteriors and condition of the motor, I would say 70k would be a good deal.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:59   #11391
BHPian

Quote:
6.5L for one year old Tjet is a very good price indeed. Somehow, I have a feeling that used cars in Pune are cheaper than in Bangalore. People in Bangalore are quoting much higher prices and do not seem to be ready to negotiate hard. This is my perception.
Best of Luck. I am also in the hunt for a tJet. High price is also factored by high road tax prevalent in Bangalore.
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:02   #11392
BHPian

Quote:
Buying a used T-Jet in Bengaluru doesn't make much sense as it works out much cheaper to buy in neighbouring MH and re-register it here provided one has patience.

T-Jet owners in Bengaluru are somehow detached from reality and quote ridiculous prices (kind of understandable considering how likeable the car is, but it is likeable in other places as well, LOL). They aren't even open for negotiation unless the owner needs a quick sell like in cases where he's about to move abroad.

Also, the guy must be smoking something real strong to expect 10L for an 18000 km run 1.2 year old Linea I see some similar examples of guys quoting 7L for 5 year olds with 40k+ km (such cars are available for ~half the price in MH)

PS Looks like you've bought one already. Congrats and do post some pics if you don't mind.

Last edited by theredliner : 22nd June 2016 at 14:16.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:20   #11393
Senior - BHPian

Folks, posting on behalf of a non-bhpian friend of mine. He is planning to sell his 2010 make Swift VXI BS IV which has run for 75000 km. Car is in bangalore itself. Its in good condition always driven sedately, no accident barring a minor hole in the rear bumper. How much should he quote for this?
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:22   #11394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Buying a used T-Jet in Bengaluru doesn't make much sense as it works out much cheaper to buy in neighbouring MH and re-register it here provided one has patience.
I don't think its about patience. The Maths simply doesn't work out. RTO's here rip you off in terms of the exorbitant prices considered for re-registering a car.

Typically if you bring in an 1 year Tjet from other state they will ask you cough up nearly 15 % of 95% of the ex-showroom price prevalent in KA.

For ex- if the ex showroom price of Linea tjet here is 9.99 lakhs then you need to pay 15% as road tax of 9.49 lakhs i.e. 1.42 lakhs.
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:33   #11395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

T-Jet owners in Bengaluru are somehow detached from reality and quote ridiculous prices (kind of understandable considering how likeable the car is, but it is likeable in other places as well, LOL). They aren't even open for negotiation unless the owner needs a quick sell like in cases where he's about to move abroad.

Also, the guy must be smoking something real strong to expect 10L for an 18000 km run 1.2 year old Linea I see some similar examples of guys quoting 7L for 5 year olds with 40k+ km (such cars are available for ~half the price in MH)

PS Looks like you've bought one already. Congrats and do post some pics if you don't mind.

Not I did not buy one. I used to own one which I sold early last year (Will update my signature). So I was at the other end of the spectrum last year and was not getting good value for Tjet. I sold 4.5 years old, 36k kms run, company maintained for 4.9 after 3 months of negotiating with buyers. So I fail to understand how people are selling their Tjets for 7+ lacs. Anything beyond 6 is not convincing to me for more than 2 years old car considering the low value it fetches in second/third hand car market.
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:13   #11396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Maruti Zen
- 2002 model
- 1,02,000 kms
- Alloy wheels
- Second owner
- Bangalore registered
In bangalore, expect nothing more than 50k. Maybe less since youre the second owner.
If you were in Delhi, it'd have gotten maybe 20-30k.
Quote:

Dude!!
What collectible status? There's thousands of them around. Even if it was immaculate, 1L-1.5L would be a tall order.
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:26   #11397
BHPian

Guys! Can anyone let me know, how to download or get Brochures of Old Cars? For example, If I'm in the market to buy a Suzuki Zen of year 2000 model, I need the complete brochure with variants in pdf format.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:30   #11398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
In bangalore, expect nothing more than 50k. Maybe less since youre the second owner.
If you were in Delhi, it'd have gotten maybe 20-30k.

Dude!!
What collectible status? There's thousands of them around. Even if it was immaculate, 1L-1.5L would be a tall order.
If the vehicle is in a good condition and the a/c works you can expect 65 k tops. Otherwise for a decent condition one max 50k. Outside KA it would be even lower than this. If someone who is crazy about a Zen lands on your doorstep, you may hit a jackpot (<5% probablility), else even the price I quoted is in the upper band. most folks would prefer an Alto to a Zen for a beater car, as the spares are much more easily available.

Last edited by longhorn : 22nd June 2016 at 23:33.
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:14   #11399
BHPian

Folks, I recently bought a Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium (with push button start) - manufactured in May 2013 with 29K kms on odometer for 7.7 lacs (KA registration) - is that a fair deal? The interior and exterior are in excellent shape. No installed accessories though.

Offtopic: I had booked a Brezza very early but the built quality / quality of engineering didn't seem anywhere close to Ecosport or even S-Cross for that matter. So went with a pre worshipped Ecosport.

Last edited by srvshaun : 23rd June 2016 at 11:23.
srvshaun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:30   #11400
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Maruti Zen
- 2002 model
- 1,02,000 kms
- Alloy wheels
- Second owner
- Bangalore registered
Couple of data points which would help you:

2001 Zen (carburetted), below average condition, 83k run, single owner, fetched INR 50k, sold to an individual buyer

2002 Zen (carburetted), average condition, sold to Hyundai dealer, second owner, fetched INR 83k, including exchange bonus.

Both in Pune. So INR 50-60k is the market price, I would say.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks