Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 08:15   #11476
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello everyone!

I need a suggestion. One of our close associate is selling his 2008 Chevrolet Captiva manual for 5.25L in Delhi. I know the vehicle is too old, and I had almost already passed the offer but after seeing it in person yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes. This guy literally worships his cars. Even though it's an 8 year old car, I literally couldn't find one single scratch or a dent. The car has done mere 37000 kms(genuine). I even took it for a quick spin and it easily touched triple-digit speeds without any noises. All the services have been done at 6 months interval from GM workshops only. The leather upholstery, electronics, buttons are in top notch condition. Heck, when I went to see the car, it was wrapped with a cover in his parking.

Can the community please advise us what should we do? I know its an old vehicle, what would be the cost of maintenance? Spares availability? Reliability etc.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2016 at 08:26. Reason: Removed high speed reference as per rules
Old 7th August 2016, 13:41   #11477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
...Can the community please advise us what should we do? I know its an old vehicle, what would be the cost of maintenance? Spares availability? Reliability etc...
The spares are EXPENSIVE! So, unless you have a healthy bank balance, please avoid. The product is good, but you need to ensure the service centres are capable too. Remember that this is a 25L car (CBU) actually, so the part costs will always be in a similar manner.
Old 7th August 2016, 14:04   #11478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Guys m extremely sad about about the resale value of my 1.5 year old tata zest petrol which has been immaculately maintained.

Due to sudden shift in usage patterns over the last year, need to shift to a diesel but the dealers are really low balling on the price.

Their quotes feel like a punch in gut with them quoting just 20% to 40% of invoice price. Have tried used car dealers and online services such as cars 24 as well but with horrendous quotes.

The standard rant is about how unrealistically unreliable (even from the mouth OF VW dealer) they are with one one going as far to say that he saw 5 burnt tata car on the same stretch of road where I never saw even a single one.

Have driven over 40,000 kms in past 10 months and it still drives like a dream, without even a single hiccup.

Please tell me what shall be done. Financial situation is such that I can't keep two cars at home.
Unfortunately, used car prices are terrible for sellers in Delhi for less popular models. I sold my Tata Visa after 1.5 years, just 14k on the odo, perfect condition, 4 year warranty for 50% of the onroad price. This was a couple of years back before the Zest was launched. Last year I wanted to sell my 2010 Jetta petrol, perfect condition with 46k on the odo and I was getting ridiculous quotes of 2 to 2.5 lakhs! It was almost worth keeping the car than selling it for such a low price. This was a car with 8 airbags, traction control and high end comfort and features including navigation!

On the other hand, I see some people selling their Swifts for almost their purchase price after driving them for several years.
Old 8th August 2016, 16:56   #11479
BHPian

What would be the best price for 2011 end XUV W6 Mysore registered , 37K done for buying from individual seller
Old 8th August 2016, 23:26   #11480
BHPian

I am considering buying a 2013 model i10 1.2 Kappa2 Sportz automatic in Hyderabad. The car is very well maintained by a single owner and has clocked 10k kms. The car is in top condition and the interiors are as good as new. The dealer says that there is a high demand for the i10 automatics since they are not being produced anymore and hence the higher price. I took the car to a Hyundai service centre and they did a thorough inspection and told me the car is indeed in top condition. The service records are consistent with the Odo reading.
The dealer is quoting 5 lakhs. Is it worth buying? What would be a good price for it?
Old 9th August 2016, 09:26   #11481
BHPian

What would be the good price for a BMW X5 (2014 - Chennai registration) with 22k km on the odo? It is a 3.0 litre diesel 7 seater variant. Thanks!
Old 9th August 2016, 10:10   #11482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
The dealer is quoting 5 lakhs. Is it worth buying? What would be a good price for it?
I think 5L is way above for a 3 year old i10 auto. Around 4L (marginal premium of 5-10 % if 10K ODO reading is genuine and condition is excellent) is a good price.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:01   #11483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hello everyone!

I need a suggestion. One of our close associate is selling his 2008 Chevrolet Captiva manual for 5.25L in Delhi.
Also keep in mind that if the present diesel fiasco continues then you would not be able to drive this vehicle from 2018 onwards when it completes its 10 years.
Old 9th August 2016, 22:40   #11484
BHPian

Asking on behalf of a friend:

1. Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 (Varicor 320nm)
2. June 2015
3. 22,000 kms run
4. Single owner
5. Delhi registered

Asking price 13,00,000/-

What should be the right price for this car?
Old 12th August 2016, 18:20   #11485
BHPian

This is for a friend, need some urgent advice.

My friend is being offered a 2008 SX-4 ZXi at 2.15 Lakhs.
58k KM single owner.

My question is, is it worth this price.
And what might be the points to be checked if he decides to go forward with the deal, before finalising it.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:41   #11486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
This is for a friend, need some urgent advice.

My friend is being offered a 2008 SX-4 ZXi at 2.15 Lakhs.
58k KM single owner.

My question is, is it worth this price.
And what might be the points to be checked if he decides to go forward with the deal, before finalising it.
SX4 is good vehicle low on maintenance although a fuel guzzler as it gives an average ~9-10 in city.

Good and specious car if average is not an issue and car is accident free and serviced on time it can serve better for next 60k kms.

If low average is an issue then ur friend can convert same in CNG as well.

Here in mumbai I have seen prices around 2.00 to 2.5 for same vintage cars.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 23:07   #11487
Senior - BHPian

How much should be a fair price for a C250 Petrol (2.3L V6)? Car has done 30K Kms. Very well maintained. 2011 model. Has few very minor superficial scratches. The chrome trim below the left fog lamp is missing and the tyres will be due for replacement soon. Owner is known to me. No accidents and all servicing done at the ASS. Car is white colour with saddle brown/black interiors.
Old 15th August 2016, 13:34   #11488
BHPian

Friends, need an advice. I am looking for a used car in Hyderabad. Came across a civic up for sale with below details-

Honda Civic 1.8 V AT
44K km driven
Single owner
Manufacturing date: April 2009
Registration date: April 2010
AP registration

- what is the advice going for a Civic? And also the AT model? I would prefer AT but not sure if it is going to be troublesome to maintain?

- The asking price seems unreasonable at 7+ lacs but not sure what should be a fair price?
Old 15th August 2016, 20:13   #11489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Friends, need an advice. I am looking for a used car in Hyderabad. Came across a civic up for sale with below details-

Honda Civic 1.8 V AT
44K km driven
Single owner
Manufacturing date: April 2009
Registration date: April 2010
AP registration

- what is the advice going for a Civic? And also the AT model? I would prefer AT but not sure if it is going to be troublesome to maintain?

- The asking price seems unreasonable at 7+ lacs but not sure what should be a fair price?
Being at 7 years, it has run for its pretty age. Now its a fairly old car and I won't suggest paying anything north of ₹6 L for it. It is a very likeable car, the Civic and in AT it is really value, and being a Honda of good quality, unlike today's City and Jazz, it should fair well for 3-4 more years. Actual state of the vehicle matters which is subjective, so that is upto you to check and get checked by a local mechanic you know.
Old 15th August 2016, 22:20   #11490
BHPian

XUV 500 W8 AWD 2014 model done 15000kms good condition with one year warranty still on the vehicle. Asking price is 12 Lacs. Is it a good price.

Most Viewed