Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 22:28   #11491

Selling : Awesome condition October 2013, Pearl White Pajero Sport in Pune . Done 55k. Loaded . All accessories . Single owner . Can I expect 21 lakhs ?
Please help me sell it at the earliest .
Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 00:05   #11492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Friends, need an advice. I am looking for a used car in Hyderabad. Came across a civic up for sale with below details-

Honda Civic 1.8 V AT
44K km driven
Single owner
Manufacturing date: April 2009
Registration date: April 2010
AP registration

- what is the advice going for a Civic? And also the AT model? I would prefer AT but not sure if it is going to be troublesome to maintain?

- The asking price seems unreasonable at 7+ lacs but not sure what should be a fair price?

Similar cars in kolkata go for 3.5 to 4 lakhs max. So do your math. 7+ is hilarious to say the least.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 00:30   #11493
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
SX4 is good vehicle low on maintenance although a fuel guzzler as it gives an average ~9-10 in city.

Good and specious car if average is not an issue and car is accident free and serviced on time it can serve better for next 60k kms.

If low average is an issue then ur friend can convert same in CNG as well.

Here in mumbai I have seen prices around 2.00 to 2.5 for same vintage cars.
Thank you for the information.

My friend can live with the average.

He went and checked out the car and it has a full service history and no known history of accidents or any signs of repairs being undertaken.

He intends to take a relative of his, who is a car garage owner, to assess the car before deciding on the purchase.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:40   #11494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
He went and checked out the car and it has a full service history and no known history of accidents or any signs of repairs being undertaken. He intends to take a relative of his, who is a car garage owner, to assess the car before deciding on the purchase.
Then he has nothing to fear if his relative passes the car. Check whether this is from a direct owner or from some smalltime broker who bought the car but is just holding a blank copy of the original seller's transfer of ownership papers.

Last edited by hserus : 16th August 2016 at 14:42.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 20:03   #11495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwill View Post
Selling : Awesome condition October 2013, Pearl White Pajero Sport in Pune . Done 55k. Loaded . All accessories . Single owner . Can I expect 21 lakhs ?
Thanks
Is the car listed online? If yes, where? I am looking for a Pajero Sport but 21 lakh is too high for a 2013, 55k kms example.
Old 17th August 2016, 12:30   #11496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Unfortunately, used car prices are terrible for sellers in Delhi for less popular models. I sold my Tata Visa after 1.5 years, just 14k on the odo, perfect condition, 4 year warranty for 50% of the onroad price.
Was your vista Petrol ?

Cars are hugely depreciating in the first few years. It RARELY makes financial sense to sell the cars within 3 years of ownership

Some popular models have high resale value - like swift / innova /etc. Other than these popular models Prices generally start at a 60 - 70% discount from the OTR

In fact, many times, it may make sense to pick up used cars (< 3 years) to escape from the depreciation cut. I purchased a used vista vx approx. 2.5 years old and run about 18k km for about 55% the OTR last year.

Last edited by haria : 17th August 2016 at 12:32.
Old 17th August 2016, 15:01   #11497

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Is the car listed online? If yes, where? I am looking for a Pajero Sport but 21 lakh is too high for a 2013, 55k kms example.

Hi!
Yes, my car has been listed in here .
You can call/ msg me for further details .
Thanks
Atul
Old 17th August 2016, 16:52   #11498
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwill View Post
Thanks
Nope too high. The prices on the various sites too are high the deals would happen at much lower values. About 15 maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
XUV 500 W8 AWD 2014 model done 15000kms good condition with one year warranty still on the vehicle. Asking price is 12 Lacs. Is it a good price.
About 10-11 max as this is pre facelift model I guess.
Old 17th August 2016, 19:43   #11499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Was your vista Petrol .
No, it was diesel with ABS.
Old 17th August 2016, 20:44   #11500
BHPian

What should be right price for the 2014 Innova Z which has run about 55k kms?

I am looking for finance options too. How do we approach banks for pre owned vehicle? And which banks provides better interest? Any help/info in this regard is much appreciated. I am willing to make an offer to the seller based on the finance options. Basically we are planning to buy this vehicle on my dad's business so that it will help in taxation too.
Old 17th August 2016, 22:38   #11501
Senior - BHPian

Many sellers - especially individuals - will not even look at buyers who opt for finance. Are you buying from a dealer?

Ask whichever bank you have a good relationship with - and hopefully it is SBI - what their policy is regarding used car loans. They may require that you buy from a car dealer they already have relationships with for new car loans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
What should be right price for the 2014 Innova Z which has run about 55k kms?

I am looking for finance options too. How do we approach banks for pre owned vehicle? And which banks provides better interest? Any help/info in this regard is much appreciated. I am willing to make an offer to the seller based on the finance options. Basically we are planning to buy this vehicle on my dad's business so that it will help in taxation too.
Old 17th August 2016, 23:26   #11502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Many sellers - especially individuals - will not even look at buyers who opt for finance. Are you buying from a dealer?

Ask whichever bank you have a good relationship with - and hopefully it is SBI - what their policy is regarding used car loans. They may require that you buy from a car dealer they already have relationships with for new car loans.
I've been through the process of used cars.
Most of the major banks rejected my application as it was for a Tata Nano.
Finally the Indian Overseas Bank manager showed some interest.
Process was,: I had to get quotations / valuation reports from 2 different dealers.
Then the bank will consider the lowest quote and finance 85 % of that.
The tenure would be 7 years minus the age of the car.
I didn't opt for it and went ahead with personal loan.
Old 18th August 2016, 09:18   #11503
BHPian

Quote:
No, it was diesel with ABS.
That's a huge hit. While tata vehicles doesn't command much resale value, taking a 50% hit for a 1.5 year old car with so less mileage is bad.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you let go of it ? any issues with the car ?

Personally, I have found vista a good work horse, though it doesn't have the "image" value
Old 18th August 2016, 12:05   #11504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
That's a huge hit. While tata vehicles doesn't command much resale value, taking a 50% hit for a 1.5 year old car with so less mileage is bad.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you let go of it ? any issues with the car ?

Personally, I have found vista a good work horse, though it doesn't have the "image" value
There were no issues. It was a beautiful car and worked perfectly. I found Tata Motors service to be quite good as well. I simply got bitten by the upgrade bug even though it didn't make economic sense. I initially bought the Vista as a starter car after moving to India and after a year or so I became more confident of driving here and was looking for a better car and hence bought the Jetta. I still have fond memories of the Vista. It had no niggles at all.
Old 18th August 2016, 22:38   #11505
BHPian

Quote:
I simply got bitten by the upgrade bug even though it didn't make economic sense. .
Ohhh. This Bug is hard to satisfy! One of my friends have it in a bad way and he keeps changing vehicle once in 2 - 3 years.

He has now realized the toll which the depreciation has taken, and now-a-days explores only lateral upgrades - ie, used segment.

If one is having the itch to upgrade/change frequently, honestly feel it is better to operate in used segment only. My 2 cents, no offense!
haria is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks