Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 15:14   #11521
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Brothers I was looking for a Corolla Altis & have come across a 1st owner, 2012 CVT model 60,000 kms driven for 9 lakh asking price.

Would you recommend the purchase at this price?
Old 1st September 2016, 15:43   #11522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atu2good View Post
Brothers I was looking for a Corolla Altis & have come across a 1st owner, 2012 CVT model 60,000 kms driven for 9 lakh asking price.

Would you recommend the purchase at this price?
Considering the new Corolla price this seems like a steal. But, in real market conditions it will consistently depreciate. 9 lakhs is very high, may be 7 tops, if it is in great condition.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:15   #11523

Hi guys,

I wanted some informed opinions for a deal that I'm seriously contemplating going through with in the coming few days.

I'm looking for a fun to drive daily use car which is not heavy on the pocket (tall order, I know)

After much searching, I came across a beautifully kept November 2012 Civic 1.8 Mt with sunroof edition (46,000Kms.) Negotiations started at 6.45 Lakh and have managed to bring it down till 5.85 Lakhs as Im paying the amount upfront.

Is this a good price?
Also does anyone know any trusted mechanic in Mumbai who can come along with me to check out the car? Preferably around Bandra (W)
Old 1st September 2016, 20:02   #11524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.10.32 View Post
car which is not heavy on the pocket
and
Quote:
Civic 1.8 Mt with sunroof edition
I was going to suggest a Baleno or a Corolla. Any discouragements on those?

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 1st September 2016 at 20:03.
Old 2nd September 2016, 00:28   #11525
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am planning on buying a used car from a state different from my state of current residence. The car in question does not have any insurance. How should I go about getting 3rd party insurance for this car should I decide to buy it? And are there any other things I should keep an eye out for?

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd September 2016 at 22:58. Reason: Correcting multiple typos and grammar mistakes
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:57   #11526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss212 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am planning on buying a used car from a state different from my state of current residence. The car in question does not have any insurance. How should I go about getting 3rd party insurance for this car should I decide to buy it? And are there any other things I should keep an eye out for?
Just getting the registration transferred and then tax from the home state refunded is a royal pain and takes months. Read the tbhp thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...efund-etc.html

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2016 at 01:11. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 2nd September 2016, 16:14   #11527
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

After much searching, I came across a beautifully kept November 2012 Civic 1.8 Mt with sunroof edition (46,000Kms.) Negotiations started at 6.45 Lakh and have managed to bring it down till 5.85 Lakhs as Im paying the amount upfront.
(W)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...st-mumbai.html

You can call Nikita motors and check.
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:39   #11528
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Click the Thanks button if you need to thank someone.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd September 2016 at 22:55. Reason: Please see inline.
Old 3rd September 2016, 17:00   #11529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
and

I was going to suggest a Baleno or a Corolla. Any discouragements on those?

Baleno I am assuming old sedan Baleno, then it is good contender but very old now. Corolla is fast but may not be fun to drive. Disclaimer :I have not driven any of the above cars but as per general feedback of people.

Quote:
Hi guys,

I wanted some informed opinions for a deal that I'm seriously contemplating going through with in the coming few days.

I'm looking for a fun to drive daily use car which is not heavy on the pocket (tall order, I know)
You can also consider Linea Tjet if FIAT is not in your negative list. It's maintenance shall not be cheap like Maruti but not costly like Volkswagen group as per TeamBhp feedback.
There are couple of used available on olx under 3 lakh ranging from 2009-2011 models. Servicing can be carried out at RS Motors kandivali (as per reports on this forum they are competent and experienced in FIAT) if not in ASC.
Old 4th September 2016, 08:19   #11530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Considering the new Corolla price this seems like a steal. But, in real market conditions it will consistently depreciate. 9 lakhs is very high, may be 7 tops, if it is in great condition.

Thank you! I'll bargain hard to bring it down to that price.
Old 4th September 2016, 18:12   #11531
BHPian

I am considering a used Laura 1.8 TSI Manual Transmission for purchase.
Any special points/considerations that I need to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2016, 18:22   #11532
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Whats the general price range of an used Hardtop Gypsy 1.3 Mpfi vehicle in Bangalore?
Next is such a vehicle worth buying brand new instead?
I like stock vehicles. Excessive mods are off putting.
Old 4th September 2016, 22:57   #11533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Whats the general price range of an used Hardtop Gypsy 1.3 Mpfi vehicle in Bangalore?
Next is such a vehicle worth buying brand new instead?
I like stock vehicles. Excessive mods are off putting.
What's happening Shankar, coming back to Gypsy! Well as much I know you here, you will not like the used ones. Or else buy one from Police auction (better condition as compared to Army ones and you can buy singles), and rebuild it. I don't think it's worth buying new.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 07:07   #11534
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
What's happening Shankar, coming back to Gypsy! Well as much I know you here, you will not like the used ones. Or else buy one from Police auction (better condition as compared to Army ones and you can buy singles), and rebuild it. I don't think it's worth buying new.
How does one get to the Police Auction?
There are a few used ones on Gaadi.com and Droom Cars and Car Trade and Carwale. Some look good and honest. Some don't.

Saying that, knowing myself, if I succumb to this madness I may just go along and plonk 50K and book a new one.

Just because I love the Gypsy King HardTop.

And just because I feel like.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:33   #11535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
How does one get to the Police Auction?
There are a few used ones on Gaadi.com and Droom Cars and Car Trade and Carwale. Some look good and honest. Some don't.

Saying that, knowing myself, if I succumb to this madness I may just go along and plonk 50K and book a new one.

Just because I love the Gypsy King HardTop.

And just because I feel like.
There is no madness if you really want to do it. Madness will be buying a new one.

Look for good ones, but please lower your expectations. If you find a good one, with some work to be done, will do.

Police auctions are notified. You should go to their yard on Mysore road, police grounds. Identify what you like, talk to incharge officials and go about it as they suggest. Actually a few Police Gypsys are in much better condition mainly used for pilot duty and they are all hardtops.

Trust me you will have more fun rebuilding it rather than buying a new one, especially since you have not done this in a long time.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 5th September 2016 at 10:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks